Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2012, 19:26   #691
Senior Member+

Re: Bookworms: What are you reading at the moment?

Odd Thomas Book5 "Odd Apocalypse" by Dean Koontz

One of my fave series but Dean is still obsessed with dogs...
Old 24-09-2012, 11:05   #692
Senior Member+

My library often sells unwanted books for 20 - 30p I got Pete Burns "Freak Unique; My Story" his biography - for 20p. He had a very unusual background.

Last edited by kestrelx; 24-09-2012 at 11:10.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 11:12   #693
Senior Member+

Currently " listening" to storm of swords, tend to do audiobooks more now, as I can get in with other stuff whilst enjoying a read!

That and I'm bone idle!
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 11:16   #694
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Nearly finished reading the ........The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.
very funny book
I love the TV series and I've had one of the talking books which was funny "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Tertiary Phase..."

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Tertiary to Quintessential Phases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 24-09-2012, 11:29   #695
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The Day after Roswell by Philip Corso.
I downloaded it free here -
The day after Roswell - Philip Corso - 1998.pdf
It gives an insight into an insiders view of the Korean War and the cold war, and appears to reveal the source of much of the 'new technology' we use today.
I'm only half way through it - have only broken off reading to eat and to post this - fascinating stuff!
I was going to say "thanks for the link Margaret" but the free downloads been taken down for copyright reasons!
Old 24-09-2012, 16:01   #696
God Member

Heroes and Villains (The good, The mad, The bad and The ugly) - By Charlie Bronson
Old 24-09-2012, 17:21   #697
Senior Member+

Newsflesh book 3
Old 24-09-2012, 17:22   #698
Senior Member+

Spartacus the gladiator by Ben Kane
Old 24-09-2012, 21:36   #699
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
Currently " listening" to storm of swords, tend to do audiobooks more now, as I can get in with other stuff whilst enjoying a read!

That and I'm bone idle!
I'm also listening to a talking book on cassette - The Last Templar, from the library this is the 2nd time round it's a lot of cassettes.

Save your eyes!
Old 24-09-2012, 21:47   #700
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I'm also listening to a talking book on cassette - The Last Templar, from the library this is the 2nd time round it's a lot of cassettes.

Save your eyes!
Yeah the Newsflesh trilogy I am 'listening'' to it rather than reading. I do a lot of audio books. Pass the time at work when i am doing the easier jobs.

I love Graphic Audio's product. They do the dramatised versions of the James Axler series 'Deathlands' Full cast with sound effects.

Actual books. Only a few that I am interested in do I have to read. Going to start Resident Evil: City of the dead(novelization of the resi evil 2 videogame) soon
Old 16-10-2012, 17:42   #701
Full Member+

Having waited so long for it's publication, I have just finished James Herbert's 'Ash', and to be honest I found it quite disappointing. Having been a long time fan of Herbert's books, and been suitably impressed by most, I found this one to lack the punch that he usually achieves in his novels. Would be interested to hear other opinions.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 18:15   #702
God Member

Th'Hobbit by that Tolkien fella
Old 16-10-2012, 18:35   #703
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

"Man walks into a pub" a sociable history of Beer by Pete Brown, lots of trivia & anecdotes relating to the amber nectar & it's position in our society from early doors through to modern day. It's a recent reprint (second edition) so a bit more in than first time round, lots of manageable chunks so can be picked up & read as & when.
Old 16-10-2012, 21:42   #704
Senior Member+

Re-listening to Swan Song by Robert McCammon
Old 16-10-2012, 22:26   #705
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
"Man walks into a pub" a sociable history of Beer by Pete Brown, lots of trivia & anecdotes relating to the amber nectar & it's position in our society from early doors through to modern day. It's a recent reprint (second edition) so a bit more in than first time round, lots of manageable chunks so can be picked up & read as & when.
I have to get this one ... sounds like a great read.

Oh ... Man with a toad sitting on his head walks into a pub. The bartender looks at him and says, "What the hell happened"? "I have no idea," says the toad; "it started out as a wart on my ass."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..