Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2009, 20:52   #16
God Member

Re: is there such a thing as a cheap and decent kitchen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondi38 View Post
Are you getting at me about your spelling just because i corrected a certain person who thinks he is the Lord of the website around ossy anyway think he must be the oldest resident here he thinks he knows everything about anything and knows nothing.
Marian...............dont take things too personal.
I am the first person to jump on anyone I think is taking the P but I dont think that there is any malice in what John has posted.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-01-2009, 20:54   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Marian...............dont take things too personal.
I am the first person to jump on anyone I think is taking the P but I dont think that there is any malice in what John has posted.
I dont think there is any malice in anything jaysay posts tbh.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012

Last edited by emamum; 15-01-2009 at 21:04.
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 21:00   #18
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
I dont think their is any malice in anything jaysay posts tbh.

Agreed Em, and love Jaysay's sense of humour.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 21:08   #19
God Member

GG, to get back on thread, couple of things to watch for, make sure the base units have legs, and dont stand directly on the floor, that the carcasses are 18mm and not 15mm, the drawers have steel runners, and the drawer bases are 18mm and not just hardboard, glue all the joint before screwing them together, and you wont go far wrong, band q actually have some decent stuff, at a reasonable price (I rarely recommend them for anything), but the private companies will still normally win hands down on quality.
Old 15-01-2009, 21:46   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
GG, to get back on thread, couple of things to watch for, make sure the base units have legs, and dont stand directly on the floor, that the carcasses are 18mm and not 15mm, the drawers have steel runners, and the drawer bases are 18mm and not just hardboard, glue all the joint before screwing them together, and you wont go far wrong, band q actually have some decent stuff, at a reasonable price (I rarely recommend them for anything), but the private companies will still normally win hands down on quality.
I nearly asked who are band q??..then the penny dropped b & q!
and I know band q ( I shall call them now) carcasses are 3 mm thicker (18mm) than some standard 15mm ones.. had a look on their site and some of the kitchens are quite nice and I like the challenge of building the units myself, least I theres no one to shout at if I its wrong...
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 02:08   #21
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
least I theres no one to shout at if I its wrong...
Its also nice to be able to blame someone else
Old 07-03-2009, 07:56   #22
Junior Member+

Magnet had a clearance warehouse in Bradford, then only one in the country. I picked up my kitchen for around £1100...17 units. It was a current kitchen. In the showroom it was priced at over £4000. My cousin came up from Windsor and picked up all his appliancies at rediculous prices: Neff hob (RRP £600) for £80, Neff Double oven(RRP £750) for £200, Top range Phillips dishwasher (RRP £500) for £150 and granite double sink for £100.

My kitchen units have the Bluemotion drawers(self closing) which are expensive anyway. It used to be on Cemetery Road in Bradford. Dont know if it still is.
LancLad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..