Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gpick24

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2013, 21:37   #1

Italian Restaurants

Please could somebody recommend a good italian restaurant going out with friends on Saturday Night but nit sure where to go
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-05-2013, 08:27   #2
God Member

Re: Italian Restaurants

I have visited Italy a lot because I was married for 8 years into the family of a man with an Italian mother.

There are many establishment in UK which describe themselves as Italian restaurants but which aren't.

There are several types of eating establishments, but the three main ones are - pizzaria, trattoria and ristorante.

To recognise the difference read this -
How Italians eat

I haven't dined out for about 5 years so I can't recommend any.
My adult son still loves eating out Italian, but I have never heard of him using any establishment which could be described 'local'.

So good luck with your quest, and although you may find some people may recommend a pizzeria masquerading as a ristorante, it just indicates their preference for the simpler food of pizza and pasta, which is not really what good Italian food is all about.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 08:38   #3
Senior Member+

Not big on Italian food myself, but I`ve heard Monte Cristo`s in church is quite good, it`s what used to be Wellington pub near sports centre.
Judith Addison likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 08:41   #4
Resting in Peace

We have had a couple of Accyweb meets which started off in Monte Cristo`s
and its been very good but that's quite a while ago so no idea if its changed hands or what the food is like now
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 08:54   #5
God Member

The problem is that standards drop sometimes.
Francos in Ossy used to be a good trattoria, and was popular but a change of chef can ruin decades of good business.
When I last visited I got a full refund on an inedible meal of salmon which was so 'off' I could smell it arriving 6' from my table.

Quattros opposite the Market Hall was commendable but has now closed.

You may find some help in this old thread
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...-eat-2617.html
but bear in mind that the standards reported then may not apply now.

PS Walton Arms gave my son serious diarrheoa less than a year ago.

Last edited by MargaretR; 31-05-2013 at 08:58.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:35   #6

We liked De Niro's (Coach and Horses) on Haslingden Old Road, Oswaldtwistle but that is now closed and for sale, such a shame after they spent all that money on it
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:43   #7

mama mias at padiham is very good
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..