Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2004, 21:53   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Mc donalds

it was alot worse...

i used to know alot of ppl who worked there and they either wud scam the place to hell or just treat it like a social club...

the management there is rather lacking i would say
mani is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-10-2004, 10:18   #32

I Disagree With The Lot Of You! Mc Donalds Delivers The Best Food And Drinks But I Do Agree The Service Is'nt Upto Standard!
matthewm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2004, 11:02   #33
I am Band

The only thing on the menu I'll eat are the McChicken Sandwiches. The McD's beefburgers and all their variants are of a very poor standard, taste-wise, compared to Burger King; and as for the Fillet o' Fish, all I can say is, it has never ever seen water.

It has to be said that fast food establishments like Ronnie Mac's, Burger king and Kfc can be a godsend when working in some of the far flung corners of the world. The shares in McDonalds in China shot through the roof when Wingy, Royski and myself were there earlier this year.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 23-10-2004 at 11:03.
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2004, 18:48   #34
Senior Member+

My mother worked in one in Münich and she also said that the only trustworthy thing to eat there is the chicken
Old 24-10-2004, 21:37   #35
Senior Member+

Again went to mcds the other week n got kids a choc milkshake each i went to take a drink before passing it over and i thought they were trying to poison us it was the most foul tasting thing that has ever ventured over my tounge yuk i had to spit it out ( very un lady like) and so i tried the other one and that was worse. We took them back and complained he said whats wrong with it i said taste it needless to say he wouldnt he gave us 2 fresh ones they were better i may as well just find them an ice cream van next time..
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2004, 21:55   #36
Resident Waffler

Chicken is the last thing I'd want to risk eating if there was any possibility of it being dodgy.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2004, 08:31   #37
God Member

If you could take a look at the manufacturing facilities of any of the fast food chains I can guarantee that NONE of you would EVER want to go near one of them again, much less eat in one of them.
Old 25-10-2004, 08:33   #38
Resident Waffler

Having seen some of the goings on in hotel and restaurant kitchens (as shown on TV) it's a wonder anybody ever eats out.

Old 25-10-2004, 09:03   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Having seen some of the goings on in hotel and restaurant kitchens (as shown on TV) it's a wonder anybody ever eats out.
That's right Willow...I once worked in a Holiday Hotel as second chef....My god I had to spend all day just trying to get my area clean.

Went into a restaurant in London and asked if they had Salmonela...the waiter (Albanian) asked if I wanted it baked or fried?
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2004, 11:41   #40
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby
That's right Willow...I once worked in a Holiday Hotel as second chef....My god I had to spend all day just trying to get my area clean.
On the subject of clean - or rather the opposite - you should have seen the place we had the misfortune of staying in for two nights this week.

Old 28-10-2004, 16:47   #41

a few days a week one of the lads at work drives up to the rising bridge mac ds . He went up today with the usual order consisting of about 11 burgers and chips etc and got complained at for not ringing up first the girl on the desk had a real go at him . He then got back to work to find a burger missing so went back up of which the same girl then called him a liar and was abusive so he asked her name as her badge was missing to file a complaint she completely ignored him and closed the door on the drive through definately wont be going there for a while again in fear of what they ll do to the food we order but rung head office and complained waiting to see what they do now
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2004, 16:22   #42
Junior Member+

You pay £ 3-4 for a meal and it doesn't even fill you up............i'd sooner go to burger king!
Old 23-11-2004, 16:49   #43
Resting in Peace

What is the differance ??
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2004, 17:11   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick
What is the differance ??
One sells Dog Sh*t the other sells Cat Sh*t.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2004, 17:58   #45
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Went shopping with my friend a few weeks ago and had the misfortune of going to Blackburn Mc D's. After protesting that I never do Mc D's she finally persuaded me and my God it certainly lived down to my expectations. The new chicken flatbread was full of limp lettuce, something that tasted similar to chilli sauce and another sauce that I assumed was mayo but didn't taste of anything. It was in a rather tough pitta bread. When I bit into it, the chicken type substance slid around in all the sauce and damn near flew out of the pitta onto the floor, where quite frankly it would have been better off. If this chicken has ever hatched from an egg I'll eat my hat, and lets face it, it would probably be tastier.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..