Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2013, 12:44   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Oil-radiator advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
whoever lived there before was a nutjob I'm sure of it.
There`s a lot of them about, my daughters idiot ex decided he was an electrician and wired all the storage heaters into the back of the sockets.
Sunflower49 likes this.

Last edited by gpick24; 28-03-2013 at 12:49.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2013, 13:06   #32

In my experience, anybody with a screwdriver and a Y chromosome is capable of fancying themselves as an electrician!
Old 28-03-2013, 14:46   #33
Senior Member+

Are you sorted yet?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 15:17   #34
God Member

saldy i cant advise on this as you are clearly dealing with an old oil burner

however if you had been talking old boilers i coulda helped more

eh flashy

(if everyone keeps quite she need never see this so shush)

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 15:41   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

eh flashy

It`s not an oil burner, it`s an oil filled electric radiator, or were you just trying to get an "old boiler" joke in?
Old 28-03-2013, 16:29   #36
God Member

i think i managed to gently crowbar one in ..

no that is not a euthism or however u spell that damn word

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 28-03-2013, 17:59   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Are you sorted yet?
The model is not one where the switches flick off for any reason-so I'm still trippy about that-manshape is just home from work and looking at it

Quote:

eh flashy

I don't have any boiler problems right now apart from the one we've ordered won't arrive until June-not sure you're able to wave a magic boiler want regards that

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
It`s not an oil burner, it`s an oil filled electric radiator, or were you just trying to get an "old boiler" joke in?
Oil burner? Like for essential oils?! Lol
Quote:
i think i managed to gently crowbar one in ..

no that is not a euthism or however u spell that damn word
Lol euthism. I know we're talking about old things but I'm not sure any of us ready for 'euth', just yet!
Old 28-03-2013, 18:21   #38
God Member

Accyman, I'm on my way to yours, got a couple of fists for ya
Old 28-03-2013, 20:26   #39
JCB

Is it similar to this one ? I have the same type of radiator with two switches with red lights on for when they are on or off .

There is no way the switch would go from off to on and vice versa other than manually .

I have more than once thought I had turned one of the switches off but hadn't . It was simply forgetfulness on my part .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21BN7zR+rqL._SL500_.jpg (3.2 KB, 4 views)
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2013, 20:36   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Lol euthism. I know we're talking about old things but I'm not sure any of us ready for 'euth', just yet!
I thought he meant euphemism. Please keep us all updated sugarmouse and watch out for poltergeists.
Old 28-03-2013, 21:17   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Accyman, I'm on my way to yours, got a couple of fists for ya

trust me it aint your fists im worried about givin me black eyes

Old 28-03-2013, 21:19   #42
God Member

Quote:

hang on..

so this ticket to a resort in sweeden the kids booked me in to dosnt have any rollercoasters

thinking about it dignitas dosnt sound very theme parky does it

Old 29-03-2013, 06:02   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
Is it similar to this one ? I have the same type of radiator with two switches with red lights on for when they are on or off .

There is no way the switch would go from off to on and vice versa other than manually .

I have more than once thought I had turned one of the switches off but hadn't . It was simply forgetfulness on my part .
It is similar to that one yes and has the same type of switches with the red lights on. I know I didn't forget to turn it on-I got home, turned it on-sat with my friend whose house it is-then retired to my room when he went to bed. The room was warm then, and the house is really cold -it was definitely on. I also didn't go anywhere near it, didn't knock it-it's in a permanent place in the corner of the room. The fact that there's no way the switch would flick is what made me nervous-because I know I didn't flick it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I thought he meant euphemism. Please keep us all updated sugarmouse and watch out for poltergeists.
I know what he meant, I was just being risible for the sake of it
As I said, I posted here because I thought someone may have an explanation... I don't want to think it's anything to do with the supernatural-but I have to believe in the supernatural a little bit, enough weird things have happened to me before.
Having said that, I do not understand why this would happen-even if it is supernatural lol-no reason for it?

Quote:
hang on..

so this ticket to a resort in sweeden the kids booked me in to dosnt have any rollercoasters

thinking about it dignitas dosnt sound very theme parky does it
Ah you're just being overly cautious-don't suppose you have a large biscuit tin that locks, under your bed do you?
Fancy adopting an adult female?

Sorry, I now have one of my favourite crass songs stuck in my head
Old 29-03-2013, 09:01   #44
God Member

Quote:
trust me it aint your fists im worried about givin me black eyes
You are one mate, a great big one lol
accyman likes this.
Old 29-03-2013, 09:39   #45
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Are you sorted yet?
Ditto from me too.....
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..