Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2009, 15:55   #46
God Member

Re: one for teh karma buffs

Note to Neil:

The answer to your question is no
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-08-2009, 15:58   #47
God Member

And red karma doesn't bother me, abuse does.

The last person to sign red karma to me was Bernie and I didn't retaliate by being a baby about it and giving her red back. She can, and does, say what she likes. But she doesn't do it by hiding behind a curtain.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 19:28   #48
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

The last person to sign red karma to me was Bernie and I didn't retaliate by being a baby about it and giving her red back. She can, and does, say what she likes. But she doesn't do it by hiding behind a curtain.
Did you ask her if you could mention that? Or did you just grass her up as your own form of revenge?

I would call this retaliation, just sit down, suck your thumb and admit that you and a certain older member should not be let loose on a website until you understand what you're both kicking against?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 21:03   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Did you ask her if you could mention that? Or did you just grass her up as your own form of revenge?

I would call this retaliation, just sit down, suck your thumb and admit that you and a certain older member should not be let loose on a website until you understand what you're both kicking against?
I get the distinct impression that the Karma system was your brainchild.
I note with interest that you condone the abuse that is contained within this system.
Most members are not privy to what is contained in the comments but if you are as important to Accyweb as you say you are and have influence to make changes, read the abusive comments and come back with your explanation as to why this abuse is allowed?
Please, no smart arse comments about being let loose on a website.
Karma is, as you say, a bit of fun, abuse in any way shape or form is not.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 22:27   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

What a pathetic post to make, if you can't recall I can. This is the one and only red karma I have awarded in my two years as a member. And as for you not being able to retaliate by awarding me red back you wouldn't be able to as it was that awarded me red first (unfairly) so you got it back. If you had been justified in blaming me for ruining your "Chelmsford Estates" thread I would have let it go. As I said in my comment then "grow up"!!!!!
Old 25-08-2009, 23:38   #51
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I note with interest that you condone the abuse that is contained within this system.
Most members are not privy to what is contained in the comments but if you are as important to Accyweb as you say you are and have influence to make changes, read the abusive comments and come back with your explanation as to why this abuse is allowed?
Every time we have a cry baby thread about karma, and God knows there's been enough, the same advice is trotted out to those who moan about abuse.

If a karma message break this forum's rules by being obscene or abusive, report it to a moderator, and the matter will be resolved, and the sender will receive whatever action the moderators see fit, as the karma system isn't anonymous to them, unlike ourselves.

Simple.

I've joined a Spnaish forum, and they, like many other forums, have a similar system, except there's is called a 'smite' button, but which does the same thing.

I think l'll go and see if l can get smitted on it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 23:59   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Every time we have a cry baby thread about karma, and God knows there's been enough, the same advice is trotted out to those who moan about abuse.

If a karma message break this forum's rules by being obscene or abusive, report it to a moderator, and the matter will be resolved, and the sender will receive whatever action the moderators see fit, as the karma system isn't anonymous to them, unlike ourselves.

Simple.

ah but apart from the odd newbie, it seems to me to be the "Same" cry babies whinging, which leads me to think either (A) too dense to report it, or (B) they just enjoy bleating.
Old 26-08-2009, 00:02   #53
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ah but apart from the odd newbie, it seems to me to be the "Same" cry babies whinging, which leads me to think either (A) too dense to report it, or (B) they just enjoy bleating.
Or perhaps the 'abuse' didn't break any of the forum rules.

I do think we should have a cry baby smiley for them though.

Old 26-08-2009, 00:04   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Or perhaps the 'abuse' didn't break any of the forum rules.
or even could be as they say "Truth Hurts"
Old 26-08-2009, 00:09   #55
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
or even could be as they say "Truth Hurts"
'Someone called me an imbecile your honour.'

'But you are plainly an imbecile'

'Case dismissed'.

'Next.'

Old 26-08-2009, 00:42   #56
God Member

unless a direct threat is made like " im gonna kill you or beat your up " i dont see what the problem is , if its an observation like somone thinks your a cupid stunt for example and it disgusts you then try not been what somone has obserbved you to have been

just because you use non foul words so the site sensorship dosnt stop you posting them in open forum dosnt make threats ok

iv had colourful lanuguage in my karma comments and upon reflection yes i am an a$$hole but if it wasnt for a$$holes there would be no one to deal with turds like you whoever you were lol

christ the karma envy of some people on here is obsurd and every few months or so up pops a thread about karma where the same people gather to moan about how unfair it is they dont have as much as someone else and how deeply offened they have been because someone got fed up of their constant sniping and moaning

maybe it isnt the system in where the problem lies but more closer to home

no one forces you to come here so if you dont like the system in place then sod off to a website that is more agreeable to your taste instead of constantly droaning on and on about how life isnt fair

WE DONT CARE people may pretend to give a damn about the injustice you think you have suffered but trust me when i say PEOPLE HAVE BETTER THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT THAN YOUR HURT FEELINGS

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 26-08-2009 at 00:44.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 08:12   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
As usual you are not only wrong but, stupidly, misguidedly, wrong

Quote:
I neither condone nor condemn the comments made by other members, I am often amused by some of the more flamboyant comments that I get from members both good & bad.

Quote:
But according to you I am a nonentity, so even if I did as you suggest, you would so easily ignore me.

Quote:
O.K. no smart 'arse' comments, (is arse a word allowed on accyweb? Or do you have certain privileges denied to the rest of us?), I wouldn't want to confuse you anymore than you already seem to be.

Quote:
How very true, so why don't you stop abusing yourself and start typing with both hands?

Old 26-08-2009, 09:13   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

How very true, so why don't you stop abusing yourself and start typing with both hands?

i didnt realise it was classed as a form self harm or is it actually true you really can go blind

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 09:33   #59
Resting In Peace

Smile Re: one for teh karma buffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
dear god this is the second time you have cried about it , its obviously done the job and i only wish i could deduct you even more as i find it humourous how upset you get pmsl

should be ok to do so in the next 24 hours it says so dont hold your breath its hard to moan if you do

ps:

iv also reported your post for using vulgar and offensive language lol
Don't recall 'crying' about anything. I couldn't give a toss who posts me bad or good karma, I was just quoting the last karma I received. Please explain how it is the second time 'I have cried about it' and sorry to disappoint you but I am not in the least upset about it. Anybody who knows me knows that I couldn't care less what people say or think about me. My post didn't use any vulgar or offensive language, and as for you reporting me I will be that upset that I will be crying myself to sleep for the next few weeks
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 10:53   #60

I am now going to swing around 180 degrees, All karma good or bad should be signed!

Some anonymous swine gave me good karma for a comment in this thread and also promised me a pint, but I don't know who the, (expletive deleted), is.

Is this some form of cowardly teasing or just some sicko that hates me out for revenge?

I know I won't sleep until I find out who it is.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..