Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2003, 07:04   #1
Senior Member+

Post PEEL PARK PUB

I am trying to find information (photos) etc. re the Peel Park Pub, which has recently been bought and being refurbished now.   Anyone have any memories.  Does anyone know what type of figure used to be high up on the front of the pub, in that "niche"?

ATARAH
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2003, 14:47   #2

Post Re: PEEL PARK PUB

Ask me.
Owd Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2003, 16:01   #3

My dad told me a little story about the Peel Park. Way back when Stanley used to play there, the pub was always busy on match days. The landlord would have a row of bottled beers lined up on the bar with the tops off, so they could be immediately poured into glasses for the benefit of any thirsty customers who wanted a drink in a hurry before kick-off. What the unsuspecting punters didn't know was that they were old bottles which had been filled up from the pumps with cheaper draught beer. A nice little earner, indeed!
ASFC1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2003, 16:47   #4
Forum Admin

Owd Bert has kindly sent me a photo that should interest you atarah - and any Accy Stanley fans around....

Old 26-08-2003, 08:01   #5

What a brilliant photograph. Stanley's old pie hut! The strange looking structure on the right was the directors' stand which was centrally heated.
ASFC1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 12:27   #6
Senior Member+

Nice Photo ;D brings back memories!We used to have a swing in the Stand that went out over some holes in the floor boards, it was very daring to swing out over that,this was back in the 60's.Then the stand got burnt down.Anyone remember that?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 10:31   #7
Senior Member+

Love the photo owd bert.How about becoming the Accrington Historian? Your knowledge of the owd place is amazing
Old 07-09-2003, 11:55   #8

Accy Historian ? -- Atarah is the one for that role.
Owd Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 11:58   #9
Caz
God Member

Debatable Owd_Bert! (No offence Atarah!)

You're our very own Accy web Historian anyway!
;D ;D ;D

Got more people reaching for local history books than you realise I think!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 15:50   #10
Senior Member+

Anyone see the Eagle in that picture? [smiley=dogrun.gif]
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..