Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2003, 00:01   #1
Junior Member+

Post Setting the record straight (hopefully)

I have started this topic in answer to some comments that were made in another topic, implying that our shop PC TecZone and our intentions were not all above board.

I can understand that some people are sceptical of anything new, because of being ripped off by 'con artists' in the past, but that is not what we are about.

Our club and our shop have one main reason for existance. That is to help people that are in need of assistance with their computer or related accessories. In addition to this we would like there to be a community of pc users that can help each other, like one big happy family.

If you need a new hard drive, webcam, graphics card or any other piece of hardware, come down to the shop. If you are having a problem with your pc or any software, come down and see us at PC TecZone. If you just want a chat about anything pc related come and see us.

We don't want to sell you anything that you don't need, and we don't want to fill your head with a load of waffle. We just want you to be comfortable with your computer.

Our motto is 'to make the user important', which we thought was self explanatory. We are not interested in get rich quick schemes that involve ripping people off or conning people.

In fact at the present time and ever since we set up the club and the shop we have never taken a wage. The money made from sales and from membership fees is used to run the shop (ie. rent, telephone bills etc), to buy stock for the shop, to support the website and so the internet club (ie. webspace costs, internet connection costs etc), and to provide members of the club and all other customers with the best possible service they could want.

One of the benefits of being a member is the 10% discount off all hardware and software, and also 10% discount off all labour costs. This discount over a year would probably, for most people, amount to much more than £10. So where is the dishonesty in that?

We are always finding room for improvement, and do endeavour to improve wherever possible. Please feel free to suggest any improvements that could be made.

Every PC newbie, enthusiast and inbetweenie is welcome to ring us on 01254 399330 or call in at PC TecZone, 35 Warner Street, Accrington, with any problem or observation they may have. You can also visit our website at www.tec-zone.co.uk

I hope this answers any queries that anybody has, but if not you know what to do right? (Please refer to previous paragraph for instructions lol) ;D

GinaGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-09-2003, 08:18   #2
Senior Member+

Post Re: Setting the record straight (hopefully)

well“, in my experience if you are being too honest that is what makes people think you are trying to doo them.That seems to be the case here.
Old 07-09-2003, 21:40   #3
Caz
God Member

In my experience don't think you know what you're talking about seeing as you weren't in the chatroom on the night!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 07:48   #4

i am not a member of your club so that  must mean i  get ripped off well  u did try but i am a little bit wise to    the way    you like ( not to make a profit ) pay 10 punds  god you  people   if i want any thing doing theres plenty people out there that will do it for nothing just for a cup of coffee we all  here to help  new old don't matter  so why would we pay   10 pounds up front ? for 10% off well lets face it 10% off 100 is only a tenner and who pays 100 punds for second hand stuff i wouldnt
happyone is offline   Reply With Quote

« ?? | PEEL PARK PUB »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..