Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2011, 18:46   #2206
God Member

Re: weather??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Does that mean you'll be out fishing again Eric? My husband's a fan -have tried going along with him in the past but find it too boring -used to take a book to pass the time...
I might throw in a line ... one nice thing about reaching the age of 65 in Ontario is that one can fish for free, without a licence And the weather looks great for the long weekend: low 20s and lots of sun. Should be a great Thanksgiving (unless you're a turkey ... ) ..... Am going to do the turkey, trimmings, pumpkin pie thing this year. Everything grown and raised in Ontario ... washed down with a fine Ontario wine from Prince Edward County just down the road from here ... However, I will have Lancaster Bomber in the fridge.

I suppose the book that you passed the time with must have been that English classic: Izaak Walton's "Compleat Angler" (1653)
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-10-2011, 19:02   #2207
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I might throw in a line ... one nice thing about reaching the age of 65 in Ontario is that one can fish for free, without a licence And the weather looks great for the long weekend: low 20s and lots of sun. Should be a great Thanksgiving (unless you're a turkey ... ) ..... Am going to do the turkey, trimmings, pumpkin pie thing this year. Everything grown and raised in Ontario ... washed down with a fine Ontario wine from Prince Edward County just down the road from here ... However, I will have Lancaster Bomber in the fridge.

I suppose the book that you passed the time with must have been that English classic: Izaak Walton's "Compleat Angler" (1653)
Na Eric Fly Fishing by J. R. Hartley
Old 04-10-2011, 19:08   #2208

Quote:
Sorry, folks it's 28°C and sunny here again...don't want to rub it in too much. My comfort zone is 25°C and below being a delicate English rose...I stay out of the sun and prefer blustery Lankyshire weather. Anyone fancy a swap?
I'd gladly swap, weathers beginning to turn nasty now.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 19:21   #2209
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Na Eric Fly Fishing by J. R. Hartley
Is that like fishing in your fly for your worm
Old 05-10-2011, 09:36   #2210
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Is that like fishing in your fly for your worm

Na this is it Eric
Old 05-10-2011, 15:25   #2211
God Member

Ah ... now I see. Let your fingers do the walking
Old 06-10-2011, 11:41   #2212
God Member

Hailstones !!!!

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:48   #2213
Senior Member+

i got caught in the hailstones, little ones thought they were hilarious as they were tucked up in their cosytoes in the pram with a raincover on... me not so much!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 13:44   #2214
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
i got caught in the hailstones, little ones thought they were hilarious as they were tucked up in their cosytoes in the pram with a raincover on... me not so much!
Enjoy them while they're young -you'll miss them once they've flown the nest...

So much for St Luke's Little Summer -looks like you're not getting it this year over in Accy. Looks like it may be turning here too... but overcast this aft.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 14:14   #2215
Senior Member+

Quote:
Enjoy them while they're young -you'll miss them once they've flown the nest...

So much for St Luke's Little Summer -looks like you're not getting it this year over in Accy. Looks like it may be turning here too... but overcast this aft.

oh i do, Grace is 2 and half and mad as a box of frogs,makes me laugh everyday Jo's 13 months and just found his feet and wanders round like a telletubby and Tys 9 and too smart for his own good, should be fun in January/February when the new one arrives

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 15:58   #2216
God Member

All i can say to that is..............GOOD LUCK!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 06-10-2011, 17:51   #2217
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Hailstones !!!!
Thought it was going to break my flaming windows this aft, hell did it hailstone
Old 06-10-2011, 20:20   #2218
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Thought it was going to break my flaming windows this aft, hell did it hailstone
You should see the storms we get off the Alps--hailstones as big as golf-balls!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 07-10-2011, 09:11   #2219
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You should see the storms we get off the Alps--hailstones as big as golf-balls!
I can remember my old man telling me about hailstones as big as golf balls when he was stationed in Italy during the war mobertol
Old 07-10-2011, 10:18   #2220
God Member

During one of my trips to Lake Garda there was storm which came fast, uprooted palm trees and sank a boat. It happened during the serving of dinner and the waiters had to leave the restaurant and move fast to bring in the outdoor furniture.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..