Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2011, 09:03   #2311
Resting in Peace

Re: weather??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And mountains You don't have mountains over there .... you have speed bumps
You haven't tried pushing a wheel chair up Tinker brow on a wet Wednesday, its like bloody mount Everest, ask Gbell
Old 21-10-2011, 09:15   #2312
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You haven't tried pushing a wheel chair up Tinker brow on a wet Wednesday, its like bloody mount Everest, ask Gbell
Can't say as I have, bud ... however, I still have that motor from the Harley FLH ... put that sucker and winter tires on the chair, and you could make it across the Kicking Horse Pass.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 09:30   #2313
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Can't say as I have, bud ... however, I still have that motor from the Harley FLH ... put that sucker and winter tires on the chair, and you could make it across the Kicking Horse Pass.
Think that may be a little too strong for the chassis
Old 21-10-2011, 09:49   #2314
God Member

Quote:
Hey, you never know until you try. I'll even send you my favorite biker t-shirt. It has on it a very tasteful winged skull, and the logo: "Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly." Good Catholic stuff.
Old 21-10-2011, 09:49   #2315
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yours or the chairs? Or both?

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 09:54   #2316
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Yours or the chairs? Or both?
Thank you Beni er, well, um, I suppose both really
Old 12-11-2011, 12:22   #2317
God Member

Feeling really happy today -can't stop smiling! First beautiful day since returning to Italy from UK - been for a ride along the canal and through the Elm wood. Floor carpeted with yellow and bright in the sunlight filtering through the trees - my inner child made me stop and have a kick around in the leaves -great fun and no-one was watching. I knew there'd been storms while I was away and at one point a birch tree had been up-rooted and fallen right across the path and the canal. Hoisted bike over and rode home...

Why am I so happy -because when I got back I found my mobile phone in the basket of my bike which I lost about 3 weeks ago! Not been a bad day so far - won 30 euros on a scratch card this morning and bought a new laptop too!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 13:41   #2318
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Feeling really happy today -can't stop smiling! First beautiful day since returning to Italy from UK - been for a ride along the canal and through the Elm wood. Floor carpeted with yellow and bright in the sunlight filtering through the trees - my inner child made me stop and have a kick around in the leaves -great fun and no-one was watching. I knew there'd been storms while I was away and at one point a birch tree had been up-rooted and fallen right across the path and the canal. Hoisted bike over and rode home...

Why am I so happy -because when I got back I found my mobile phone in the basket of my bike which I lost about 3 weeks ago! Not been a bad day so far - won 30 euros on a scratch card this morning and bought a new laptop too!
When I read that at first I thought you meant you won 30 euros and bought a laptop with it
Old 12-11-2011, 21:16   #2319
God Member

Quote:
When I read that at first I thought you meant you won 30 euros and bought a laptop with it
I can't figure out whether she lost her cell phone, or her bike

Had a flurry of snow yesterday ... but it looks like we will bounce back to double digits for the next few days.

I didn't think you could get a laptop for 30 euros ... lap dancer maybe
Old 12-11-2011, 21:51   #2320
God Member

Dear both -John and Eric -won 30 euros, bought a new laptop for a hell of a lot more....lost mobile phone just before going over to Accy and found it today by chance after nearly 3 weeks...left it in the basket of my bike the day before travelling to UK.

Was feeling very happy -not so much now 'cos of posts about Europe on here -make me feel isolated somehow.... and very sad....That's life.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 13-11-2011, 07:47   #2321
God Member

Quote:
Dear both -John and Eric -won 30 euros, bought a new laptop for a hell of a lot more....lost mobile phone just before going over to Accy and found it today by chance after nearly 3 weeks...left it in the basket of my bike the day before travelling to UK.

Was feeling very happy -not so much now 'cos of posts about Europe on here -make me feel isolated somehow.... and very sad....That's life.
Aw, hon ... cheer up Don't worry, there's no such thing as Europe. It's just a geographical expression that some Frankensteinian politicians are trying to make into a social, political, and economic entity ... otherwise, it don't matter
Old 13-11-2011, 08:54   #2322
God Member

Quote:
Aw, hon ... cheer up Don't worry, there's no such thing as Europe. It's just a geographical expression that some Frankensteinian politicians are trying to make into a social, political, and economic entity ... otherwise, it don't matter
How wise - I suppose it's like Canada being lumped together with the USA as North America.... you wouldn't really want that either!
How's the weather over there Eric -has the cold arrived yet - still mild here so far...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 13-11-2011, 09:18   #2323
Resting in Peace

Quote:
How wise - I suppose it's like Canada being lumped together with the USA as North America.... you wouldn't really want that either!
How's the weather over there Eric -has the cold arrived yet - still mild here so far...
Well at least you've got rid of letch number one now mobertol
Old 13-11-2011, 09:40   #2324
God Member

Quote:
Well at least you've got rid of letch number one now mobertol
In fact the sun is shining on Italy today - it's all the hundreds of others who also need to be ousted that cause me to worry. Italy has always had a so-called unstable government but historically - even if they don't last long in office, effectively it's always the same lot changing position, party name and logo at every election
Oh, I'm not an Italian citizen by the way and have no right to vote here -wouldn't want to have any part...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 13-11-2011, 10:02   #2325
Beacon of light

Quote:
Oh, I'm not an Italian citizen by the way and have no right to vote here -wouldn't want to have any part...
Much like my sister in law who lived in Oz for more than 50 years without becoming a citizen(though I am pretty sure she could vote ...and was legally required to do so) you are, because you choose not to become naturalized, not a european then......you prefer to remain British...but with an Italian residency.
My sister, on the other hand is a dual citizen...she sees herself as Australian but with British roots...has embraced every aspect of Australian life.
The Aussies still see her as a 'pommie'.
Which all goes to show that nationality is more about how you see yourself, than where you actually live.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..