Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2008, 08:44   #1
God Member

whats the name.....?

of that electrical shop across from the Canine working mens club on Abbey Street/Barnes street in Accy?

any help would be appreciated
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-12-2008, 08:50   #2
God Member

Re: whats the name.....?

No idea what its called but i know where you mean............why what are you after Flashers...?
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 08:54   #3
God Member

I`m gonna hazzard a guess at `Discount Electricals` ....or summat along those lines
Old 28-12-2008, 08:57   #4
God Member

they have some kids BMX bikes in there and Reece has some christmas money left, i just want to know if its open today or not
Old 28-12-2008, 08:58   #5
Senior Member+

It may be this one........ (Electricals 4 Less)

Electrical Shop in Accrington » Yell.com
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 08:58   #6
God Member

I`d love a BMX.......
Old 28-12-2008, 09:06   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
It may be this one........ (Electricals 4 Less)

Electrical Shop in Accrington » Yell.com

it is, thanx

no answer so i guess they arent open today
Old 28-12-2008, 09:07   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
I`d love a BMX.......

have his old one then lol
Old 29-12-2008, 10:17   #9
God Member

don't ever buy a bike from this place, went to look at one today and the guy said there is NO guarantee at all with the bikes, he doesnt even give a receipt, you can't take it back whatsoever, the bikes i went to look at had pedals, breaks etc missing....just a warning, yes i know you check them out before you buy them, but for anyone who wouldnt ask, you now know

my dad even mentioned to the guy about statutory rights and all that, the bloke just shunned my dad and said 'i dont care, you get nothing at all with it'

it made me wonder if they where stolen bikes

Last edited by flashy; 29-12-2008 at 10:19.
Old 29-12-2008, 10:24   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
don't ever buy a bike from this place, went to look at one today and the guy said there is NO guarantee at all with the bikes, he doesnt even give a receipt, you can't take it back whatsoever, the bikes i went to look at had pedals, breaks etc missing....just a warning, yes i know you check them out before you buy them, but for anyone who wouldnt ask, you now know

my dad even mentioned to the guy about statutory rights and all that, the bloke just shunned my dad and said 'i dont care, you get nothing at all with it'

it made me wonder if they where stolen bikes

Im sure trading standards wouldnt agree with the way they are operating

Thanks for the warning
Old 29-12-2008, 10:49   #11
God Member

hmmm now theres a thought
Old 29-12-2008, 11:15   #12
God Member

I`ve heard they are`nt to clever with the electrical stuff ...........never even knew they had bikes......thnax i`ll stay well away from that place, i`ve nearly bought from there in the past but it something did`nt feel right so i did`nt bother................definately one for trading standards methinks................
Old 29-12-2008, 11:19   #13
God Member

we where stood in the shop for about 15 minutes waiting patiently for the guy to get off the phone, he didnt seem to give a flying crap if we where there to buy anything anyway

has anyone else ever bought anything from there?
Old 29-12-2008, 11:26   #14
Senior Member+

I havent bought anything form there but know someone who has, but knowing him, he probably wasnt paying attention as to whether it carried a warranty or anything like that, and he wouldnt have thought to ask (he does not like shopping!) Will ask him though and see if he can remember anything about his "shopping experience" there
Old 29-12-2008, 12:12   #15
God Member

Ian bought a TV, video, music centre years ago no problems with it. In fact it was quite a bulky TV so last year we went back and got a flat screen plus one for the bedroom. They must have had warranty or Ian wouldn't have bought them, he was a stickler for things like that.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..