Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By Bob Dobson
  • 1 Post By US Angel

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2014, 09:20   #1
Senior Member+

Lancashire Family History Society

The society has a new website and it contains a new facility open to non-members. You can see if any member is researching the surnames which you are doing, and you can find if any of them are interested in any townships which are of interest to you. The facility then allows you to send them an email. I used it for the first time a few days ago and gained some benefit from the two responses I have had.
I repeat my oft-repeated advice that it is worth joining the society even if for one year only, as this, through the magazine distributed to 2000 members, brings your interests to notice. There is a members' internet forum on which you can poise a query which the other members will respond to, often within minutes, with expert advice. You can attach yourself to branch such as the Hyndburn one and attend the monthly meetings and weekly 'help sessions' and call in the library/work room in The Straits, Ossie each Thursday afternoon or once a month Saturday afternoon
US Angel, wadey, Balbus and 3 others like this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2014, 19:49   #2
Junior Member+

Re: Lancashire Family History Society

Hi I am researching Eastwood Pickup born in Crawshawbooth in 1834 and passed in Accrington in 1915 any information on him and his family would be greatly appreciated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg earnshaw pickup.jpg (2.3 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by cherylm; 20-10-2014 at 19:54.
cherylm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 18:27   #3
Full Member+

Will have to look it up
cherylm likes this.
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 11:05   #4

Cheryl I know your post was some years ago but I’d be interested in talking to you about Eastwood. He was my great great grandfather.
Bree is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..