Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2017, 01:26   #121

Re: Paddock House-old Friends

Hi. This is Gerry's sister. Sadly, both Anne and Gerry have passed away. Anne died of breast cancer in 2010 and Gerry died in 2013.
MarieKillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-11-2017, 05:31   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Hi, I used to go to Paddock House up to 1972. My name is Gerry Killian and we lived in Willows Lane, Fern Gore. We emigrated to Australia in 1972 and I would love to hear from anyone I knew back then. I was 14 when we left,am now 46. Loved to play over in Bullough Park. My brothers and sisters are Theresa, Jimmy, Marie, Moira, Joseph and Frances. I have never been back to England but would love to hear from anyone I used to know. My son is living in Accrington at the moment.
Hi Gerry - don't know whether you will see this, as your original post is so old. I remember your name, as I was a friend of your sister Teresa. My name then was Michelle Snaith. Are you all still in Australia. I am now retired and living in Cyprus. Hope to hear. Best wishes to you all. x
MichelleRHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2017, 09:58   #123
Junior Member+

Hi Gerry, my name is Ian Laycock and I have been trying to find and contact Teresa (Killian) for the best part of 30 years. we worked together at Platts 1971, and I came to Brisbane in 1972,,,and stayed with your family for sometime. I would love to make contact with Teresa again to see how each others life has turned out, I am happy to see from this thread that she is married and happy with a daughter. I was in Australia 2016.
Thanks for your help,,very best regards Ian
ianlaycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 20:52   #124

Surely you are not Sister Mary Counsell, who had the misfortune to be my form mistress (and, I think to teach me Latin) for the year commencing September 1965?

Anne Marie Whittaker (now Hawkins) Form I alpha
Anne Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 21:26   #125

Hello, I attended Paddock House from 1965-72. I believe it was a good school but it wasn't the right one for me because it ran a tight ship and I had too much of that at home - I needed a release. But I had some good teachers and two very memorable ones, Mrs Middleton (English) and Mrs Snape (Art). Both were inspirational in different ways.

I was shocked to hear of its demolition because it really was a lovely, well-furbished school set in beautiful grounds. It was attractively and solidly built, the floors were polished wood, the walls hung with classical art, and the whole set in undulating landscaped grounds. I can't understand how approval was gained for it to be demolished.
Should Miss Graham (French) read this I do apologise for how I mucked about and squandered my ability in your lessons. I am very grateful for the grounding you gave me in French and have built upon it during holidays and through ploughing my way laboriously through a few French novels, with the aid of a dictionary. If I could go back I would be an exemplary pupil. How many of us would say that! We are educated at the wrong end of our lives.

I mucked about a lot with Loretta Rushton, later Emery, in French lessons. Loretta turned out to be a sneaky high achiever, and to be very happy as a wife, mum of three, and grandma. Very sadly she left us last July and anyone who remembers her can mark their memory by donating to Pendleside Hospice, who gave her wonderful care during her last illness.
Anne Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 12:43   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly baby View Post
I remember Sister Mary Gertrude (can't remember her subject), also Mary Loyola, who, if memory serves, was the librarian. Mary Phillip (my form tutor) was Geography and pastoral care.
Sister Mary Gertrude taught Physics.
craftyanet is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..