Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Lost Friends / Family
Donate! Join Today

Lost Friends / Family Lost friends from the Accrington area? Maybe someone here can help?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2013, 22:29   #16

Re: TA East Lancs Artillery photo

Just got the proper photo on the back it say "Dad Charles Flynn 3rd row from back 5th from left
556 East lancs Battary ,Heavy Anti Aircraft Regt
Royal Artillery
Territorials
Based at Moscow Mill Street
Church, Accrington.
accypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-03-2013, 17:15   #17

Just got me hands on a few more photos of the TA I ll be posting them when I get time. they are small so Im just hoping they will enlarge and still be worth while.
Old 24-03-2013, 18:42   #18

I think that 556 Regiment RA (TA) was disbanded around 1955, and at around the same time 380 Light Regiment was re-formed. 380 Light Regiment then had three batteries - P (Church) Battery based at the drill hall on Moscow Mill Street, Q (Burnley) Battery based at Burnley Barracks close to Burnley Barracks railway station, and R (Furness) Battery based at or near to Barrow-in-Furness. Hopefully this might help with dating any photographs.
davidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 19:03   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
In WW1 the Church Artillery did have a H.Q., and drill hall in Church, I was under the impression it had been long gone, there also use to be a drill hall in Moscow Mill St, and one at the end of Argyle St, the last two were infantry drill halls, the one on Argyle St, also had a 20 yard indoor rifle range.
Retlaw.
My father and I used to shoot (.22 in rifle) in the indoor range at the drill hall on Argyle Street, that would probably be in 1950.
davidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2014, 23:27   #20

This is the last time I am going to try and post the two photos, I dont want to end up with a mass of photos being posted of the same thing. I am rabittin on a little so I dont get the msg I cant post because I havent used enough letters in the post . HMMMM Is it long enough now.

two photos of Charles Flynn in the TA one of him and two pals defaceing a Burnley poster the other of him and a couple of pals sitting next to a tanker I presume they are on exercise on the latter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charlie Flynn on TA camp 1950's.jpg (96.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Dad & Pal about to graffiti a Burnley sign.jpg (179.5 KB, 44 views)

Tags
charles flynn

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..