Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted
Donate! Join Today

Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted If you've got owt to sell stick it in 'ere.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 1 Post By Gordon Booth

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2016, 13:45   #1
Senior Member+

Accrington Observers

I am disposing of, from my own collection, some bound copies of the Observer from the 1980s. There are some fullyear and some half or part-year. Prices £20 to £45 Message me your email address for details. Free delivery in Hyndburn, or you can collect from Blackpool
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2016, 10:30   #2

Re: Accrington Observers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I am disposing of, from my own collection, some bound copies of the Observer from the 1980s. There are some fullyear and some half or part-year. Prices £20 to £45 Message me your email address for details. Free delivery in Hyndburn, or you can collect from Blackpool
£20 to £45 pounds! that equates to between seven and a half and sixteen pints of real ale in the Peel Park. (sorry Bob, no contest).. Your's Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 15:15   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
£20 to £45 pounds! that equates to between seven and a half and sixteen pints of real ale in the Peel Park. (sorry Bob, no contest).. Your's Taddy.
Please leave me a month's issues behind the bar.
Old 05-01-2016, 18:59   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Please leave me a month's issues behind the bar.
Have you been constipated and run out of toilet paper?

If I remember correctly with newspaper, always wipe with the grain not against. (thank goodness for modern days soft touch plenty on the roll stuff).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 19:42   #5
Senior Member+

I sometimes think that that is all today's Observers are fit for. However, in the 1980s, there was still some proper reporting being done.
Old 05-01-2016, 20:03   #6
Beacon of light

Nah, Bob.....the Observers of the present time are not even fit for lavvy paper.
They are not local anymore.....they do not represent Accrington in any way shape or form.
They are only suitable for getting the fire going, and they aren't right clever at that.
Bob Dobson likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 20:10   #7
Senior Member+

Ahh, six inch squares of the old ones had a lovely texture.
Although when they got damp in the outside loo they could get a bit flimsy! Had to use two at once.
Nothings the same any more.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:13   #8
Senior Member+

I can well understand that the ones I want to sell would be expensive for the purpose some are suggesting, but I am certain that there will never be a similar opportunity to acquire these historical records

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..