Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 10:46   #1
God Member

£10,000 offered to leak MP's expenses

What do you make of this? £10,000 is being offered for the leaked information on MP's expenses receipts. The Sun and Times have been offered it, but refuse to handle stolen goods. Bloggers have offered £10,000 and are prepared to publish them if they get the information...

As I see it we should get to see them anyway. It's our money and we need transparency to regain trust in politicians.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:46   #2
Senior Member+

Re: £10,000 offered to leak MP's expenses

so are you gunna give them back now andrew

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:13   #3
Resting in Peace

To be quite honest I'm getting fed up with all this crap about Exes, they just need to sort it out 2-6
Old 03-04-2009, 12:42   #4
Super Moderator

Disgraceful! They should be allowed to dip their snouts in the trough in peace!
Old 03-04-2009, 19:05   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post

As I see it we should get to see them anyway. It's our money and we need transparency to regain trust in politicians.
you are quite correct andrew, hope ya don't think it will ever happen though.
Old 03-04-2009, 19:11   #6
God Member

Quote:
£10,000 is being offered for the leaked information on MP's expenses receipts. The Sun and Times have been offered it, but refuse to handle stolen goods.
Sorry, I know I'm numb, but I don't understand the sentence.
£10,000 is being offered by whom?
What have The Sun and The Times been offered?

Quote:
Agree with the sentiment.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 20:13   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
What he means is that someone out there (but it's not quite clear who) is offering to sell the MPs expenses info for £10,000. He's just getting giddy, because he thinks that Mad Gord's finished...I wouldn't be too sure, though...some of that Obama magic might rub off on him!
Old 03-04-2009, 20:52   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Wynonie is correct. The blogger is Guido Fawkes over at Guy Fawkes' blog of parliamentary plots, rumours and conspiracy

The Sun/Times were offered the expenses receipts (for a price) but refused them as there are legal implications of handling stolen goods.
Old 03-04-2009, 20:57   #9
God Member

Thanks for the explanations fellas.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 20:58   #10
God Member

hey mr gregg pope if you are reading this please forward me your expenses and i will split the £10,000 fifty/fifty with you

i am open to negotiation on teh percentage but not much

thanks for reading

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:12   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
What he means is that someone out there (but it's not quite clear who) is offering to sell the MPs expenses info for £10,000. He's just getting giddy, because he thinks that Mad Gord's finished...I wouldn't be too sure, though...some of that Obama magic might rub off on him!
I don't know Wynonie, Brown was a ****** on Tuesday and he's still a ****** today
Old 04-04-2009, 09:15   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
hey mr gregg pope if you are reading this please forward me your expenses and i will split the £10,000 fifty/fifty with you

i am open to negotiation on the percentage but not much

thanks for reading
I think you'll find that Greg posts his exes on his web site accyman, sorry to disappoint you over the £5Gs
Old 04-04-2009, 10:26   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
You are absolutely right not to be to sure about the outcome of the next election. Things are starting to turn.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:05   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I think you'll find that Greg posts his exes on his web site accyman, sorry to disappoint you over the £5Gs
i wonder if the rags are so pre occupied with getting a story that they would fail to check that out first and still pay up

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:58   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
You are absolutely right not to be to sure about the outcome of the next election. Things are starting to turn.
There used to be a group called Blind Faith

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..