Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2018, 15:20   #16
I am Banned

Re: 13th February 1954

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
You don’t really mean that you, do you Walter. I’ll bet she’s a lovely lass, a treasure.
Treasure, eh, Treasure, crikey moses a wish hu were, down at the bottom of the deep blue wit rest o Blackbeards Treasure.
I went for a hearing test last year, after geddin lot o grief fro her an doughters , after a lot of messing about wi allt gadgets, she got two little widgets twiddled wi em, an stuck em in me lug oyles then she spoke, jesus a nearly crapped misen, noises were coming in I hadn't heard for 1/2 a life time, I pulled em out, give em her back, an sed no thanks, I couldn't put up wi that din, she said you can turn them off if need be, a sed no thanks, wod if I forgot tu turn em off, an she cracks up wit trumpet volutary ont phartoneum, idud gi me a heart attack.
So heres me enjoyin me sen in the land of the blissfully unaware.

Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2018, 17:45   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
It’s not easy M H, it takes lots of effort. It starts with mad passionate love that developes into mutual respect. It involves trust and seeing the other persons point of view.As an old Auntie once said to me, never go to sleep on an argument.And finally you reach companionship, never going anywhere without her, she’s always by your side through thick and thin.Tell her every day that you love her more than anything in the world.That my friend is love, undying love,
Well said, Jim, couldn't have put it better myself, we started being in lust with each other, & eventually reached the companionship you mention, & the really hard part now is NOT having her by my side, always.

But, I did tell her everyday that I loved her!

True love never dies!

Regards
Gerard
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 19:07   #18
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
the really hard part now is NOT having her by my side, always.

But, I did tell her everyday that I loved her!

True love never dies!

Regards
Gerard
She is not by your side....she is in the softest, safest warmest place she could ever be....she's carried in your heart.
KiTChener, dotti34, Rowlf and 1 others like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 21:18   #19

Many congratulations, Jim, to you and your wife. That is some achievement. We will have been married 61 years on the 23rd of this month. No secret to success – just stay with it whether it’s sunshine or storms (and getting over the stormy bits can be VERY interesting!).

Spent our honeymoon in Morecambe – just imagine Morecambe in February. Enough said!
hilleluk likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 21:46   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post

Spent our honeymoon in Morecambe – just imagine Morecambe in February. Enough said!
The only time anyone of sound mind would want to go to Morecambe in February is if they were playing Stanley!!

(Congrats anyway!)

Gerard
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 03:50   #21

Ta for the congrats, Gerard. You wouldn’t be the first person to doubt my sanity and I’m sure you won’t be the last, but a cold rainy Morecambe in February 1957 was the best we could afford – and we certainly didn’t go to watch any football matches…….
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..