Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2009, 09:28   #31
Senior Member+

Re: 2011 Census

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Its not a matter of where you are but who you are Mr D, they only want to now where you are on one particular day, not over period of time, this gives the government an idea how many people are legally living in this country
If only I believed that, Whats with the questions, re Property Type, how many rooms, how many cars, why do they need my DOB, my qualifications & employment details (Inc Address).

Gives the goverment a idea how many people are legal living in the country, do they not already have this informtion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Wouldn't be much point if you had a choice Mr D would there ?
True, but I bet 50%+ of sheeple would still complete it if they had a choice.
Old 13-05-2009, 09:58   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post

True, but I bet 50%+ of sheeple would still complete it if they had a choice.
Think you meant 'would not' complete Mr D ... I think you are incorrect with your 50% here though. Suspect most people will have no objection to doing the Census form.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 10:17   #33
Resting in Peace

You have got to remember Mr D that census forms are not intended to catch out illegal immigrants or your deep dark secrets.

Gives planners, education, housing, transport, elderly care authorities, etc., a picture of where facilities may be required in the future. All done for the good of your community.
Old 13-05-2009, 10:23   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
You have got to remember Mr D that census forms are not intended to catch out illegal immigrants or your deep dark secrets.

Gives planners, education, housing, transport, elderly care authorities, etc., a picture of where facilities may be required in the future. All done for the good of your community.
I cant see how completing a form will do anything apart from waste goverment money (especially at this difficult time).

Things change every day.

But catching Illegal immigrants seems a better way to waste money than compiling information about the genuine public.
Old 13-05-2009, 10:34   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I cant see how completing a form will do anything apart from waste goverment money (especially at this difficult time).

Things change every day.
I think it is the best way of getting a full picture of population movement, density, would be far more expensive to cross reference tax, registration offices, car users, employment, housing,education records and so on, to see where facilities are needed in the future. In the end, will save money.

Things don't change that quickly either ... 10 years is a fair enough period in my opinion.
Old 13-05-2009, 10:46   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Things change every day.

But catching Illegal immigrants seems a better way to waste money than compiling information about the genuine public.
I think really you need to look at this with an open mind without cynicism My D, after all this head count has been going on for rather a long time and as kate said it does help the government of the day, look to forward planning in all aspects of life.
Old 13-05-2009, 10:54   #37
God Member

Quote:
it does help the government of the day, look to forward planning in all aspects of life.
It will help in the planning of a population reduction

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 11:09   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
I think it is the best way of getting a full picture of population movement, density, would be far more expensive to cross reference tax, registration offices, car users, employment, housing,education records and so on, to see where facilities are needed in the future. In the end, will save money.

Things don't change that quickly either ... 10 years is a fair enough period in my opinion.
I feel a As and when aproach would be a better solution. give facilities as and when needed not a guess from a form.

If I look back 10 years, things have change for me a lot.

Quote:
I think really you need to look at this with an open mind without cynicism My D, after all this head count has been going on for rather a long time and as kate said it does help the government of the day, look to forward planning in all aspects of life.
I am looking at it with a open mind.

Im looking at it saying, do we not have a choice, I may answer freely the questions, but there may be some I feel is none of there business.

The thing is we do not know EXACTLY what questions will be asked, as it states it can change at any time.

Also Why do they need a DOB, would age not be enough?

Help the government with forward planning, They already have a plan.
Old 13-05-2009, 12:18   #39

DoB is for all in the house. It could identify trends in when babies are being born, which sections of society, whether it ties in with boom or bust in the economy, average family size, etc etc etc....
This in turn leads to other things like location of schools (how many future pupils?), housing (how many beds?), benefits (how much more can the country borrow?) and lots more.

It isn't just about you now Mr D it's about your childrens future too....

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 14:21   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Of course you mean where Family Planning clinics are needed more Margaret ....

Quote:

It is good that you question Mr D .. nowt wrong with that. At least we still have the freedom to do this, just not the freedom to ignore this form.

DOB ? ... well, amongst these stastics will give a view of what time of year most babies are born in order to alert the Health Authority (or when they are conceived and having the most fun ... )
Old 13-05-2009, 14:57   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
DoB is for all in the house. It could identify trends in when babies are being born, which sections of society, whether it ties in with boom or bust in the economy, average family size, etc etc etc....
This in turn leads to other things like location of schools (how many future pupils?), housing (how many beds?), benefits (how much more can the country borrow?) and lots more.

It isn't just about you now Mr D it's about your childrens future too....
I do appreciate the alleged reasons, but I cant see how asking the questions it does will allow for future planning, who knows in 2012 lets say we could be hitting WW3. Lets plan and act in the NOW not in the future, If we screw up now the future's not going to be any better.

Your right it is about my childrens future and I dont like the way this country/world is going, someone has to raise the debate, ask the questions ect.

Quote:
It is good that you question Mr D .. nowt wrong with that. At least we still have the freedom to do this, just not the freedom to ignore this form.

DOB ? ... well, amongst these stastics will give a view of what time of year most babies are born in order to alert the Health Authority (or when they are conceived and having the most fun ... )
Thankyou, I do like to question most things and yes we do still have the freedom to question, but for how long.

Would they not have all this information already though (Birth & Deaths)? and to leave a gap of 10 years? doesnt give a true statistic IMO.
Old 13-05-2009, 15:54   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
That's being very pessimistic Margaret two-shay
Old 13-05-2009, 15:58   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I feel a As and when aproach would be a better solution. give facilities as and when needed not a guess from a form.

If I look back 10 years, things have change for me a lot.

Im looking at it saying, do we not have a choice, I may answer freely the questions, but there may be some I feel is none of there business.

The thing is we do not know EXACTLY what questions will be asked, as it states it can change at any time.

Help the government with forward planning, They already have a plan.
Well Mr D you have the option, fill in the form and carry on with life, or don't fill it in an get plenty of grief and a whopping big fine, simples as the Meerkats say
Old 13-05-2009, 16:22   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well Mr D you have the option, fill in the form and carry on with life, or don't fill it in an get plenty of grief and a whopping big fine, simples as the Meerkats say
Your right I do have the option, fine up to £1.000 not that big really.

How would they know If I filled it in correctly or not.
Old 13-05-2009, 16:34   #45

Quote:

Your right it is about my childrens future and I dont like the way this country/world is going, someone has to raise the debate, ask the questions ect.

Quite right, so get everyone together and we can sort this mess out instead of just asking the questions.

Or is that easier said that done??

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..