Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Election - Place yer bets. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/election-place-yer-bets-52870.html)

acertun 21-04-2010 17:20

Re: Election - Place yer bets.

Who ever wins you are screwed. You should vote for none of the above

Taggy 21-04-2010 18:14

My Guess is that Graham will get in with a reduced majority...he's by far the best candidate for Hyndburn people....i think the local factor will count for an awful lot here!

Best Regards - Taggy

Stumped 21-04-2010 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 808561)
I'm afraid "doesn't give a toss" isn't listed;)

My sentiments, exactly.

mani 21-04-2010 18:40

its actually illegal to have a party name - none of the above.

its not permitted by election law or something

steeljack 21-04-2010 22:02

think the Candidate with the most postal votes will win at a re-count :eek:

garinda 21-04-2010 23:01

Who will win the Hyndburn constituency seat?
Labour: 40%
Conservatives: 26%
Liberal Democrats: 9%
Other: 25%

Hyndburn

A recent poll of voting intent from the Citizen.

Ken Moss 22-04-2010 06:50

I would like to think that Graham will win the seat simply because he is the best candidate - Accrington born and bred, knows what is best for the area and isn't in the pocket of any senior Hyndburn politician. Nothing personal against Ms Buckley, but every borough should have a local MP and not someone drafted in from 40 miles away.

If the Tories couldn't find anyone that CCO approved of from within their own ranks, despite being an 'excellent council' as we're told so often, then they don't deserve that seat.

Wynonie Harris 22-04-2010 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 808776)
I would like to think that Graham will win the seat simply because he is the best candidate - Accrington born and bred

Mill Hill, actually, Ken, but I agree with your sentiments. :)

Ken Moss 22-04-2010 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 808781)

I meant Hyndburn actually, but the thinking engine has only had one cup of Earl Grey this morning and is still a bit sluggish....

garinda 22-04-2010 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 808781)

It says he 'was born in Accrington (registered in Haslingden)' on his lastest pamphlet.

Wynonie Harris 22-04-2010 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 808782)
I meant Hyndburn actually, but the thinking engine has only had one cup of Earl Grey this morning and is still a bit sluggish....

So you reckon Mill Hill's in Hyndburn? Oh dear, oh dear, Kenneth, I reckon another cup of char is called for! ;)

Wynonie Harris 22-04-2010 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 808783)
It says he 'was born in Accrington (registered in Haslingden)' on his lastest pamphlet.

Well, he certainly wasn't bred in Accrington, because he's said on here that he was a Mill Hill lad.

Ken Moss 22-04-2010 07:36

Slightly off-topic but I got the local Conservative equivalent of my own flyer through my door last night. There's a beautiful picture of my opponent hugging a grit bin and stating how it was Labour's fault there was no grit in January.

The leaflet is also full of barefaced exaggerations about what they have acheived in Rishton, such as cleaning up the area (no they haven't), improved CCTV (no they haven't), frozen my tax bill (I'm still paying more than I was) and put more police on the beat (no they haven't).

How are the other wards faring?

Ken Moss 22-04-2010 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 808784)
So you reckon Mill Hill's in Hyndburn? Oh dear, oh dear, Kenneth, I reckon another cup of char is called for! ;)

You've caught me off-guard, it's those pesky Tories, local issues, you know how it is.

The kettle's on.......

garinda 22-04-2010 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 808785)
Well, he certainly wasn't bred in Accrington, because he's said on here that he was a Mill Hill lad.

Bloomin' heck Wyn, I haven't had my first coffee of the day yet.:rolleyes:

The pamphlet, received yesterday, goes on to say, ' I have lived here all my life. Generations of my family have lived here. This is my home. I was brought up in Baxenden, and attended St. John''s School Baxenden, St. Christopher's Cof E, Accrington & Rossendale College....'