Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Election - Place yer bets. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/election-place-yer-bets-52870.html)

Tealeaf 21-04-2010 10:28

Election - Place yer bets.

Right, you lot - in two weeks time Hyndburn shall elect someone to represent the constituency in the Palace of Shame. Last time Pope walked it with a majority of 5000+; this time, there has been a few minor boundary changes and the Tories are looking for a swing of 6.9% to Ms Buckley. Not impossible, given the recent opinion ploo surge for the Lib-Dem mob...we don't really know how that will play out in terms of the impact on the two main parties.

So - irrespective of your own allegiance - who do you think will win, and by how many. (Final votes after any recount).

Wynonie Harris 21-04-2010 10:51

Re: Election - Place yer bets.

Reckon Jonsey'll get in, but it'll be close, as most people hate this government so much. Also think Kazzer'll give him a fair run for his money. The Clegg factor'll mean nowt, once people look beyond the fresh, boyish charm and see policies like joining the Euro and amnesties for illegals who've been here over 10 years.

Gayle 21-04-2010 12:08

I think Graham will probably win it. He'd have to do something catastrophic to lose the majority that Greg had. But, I think the Gordon Brown factor will reduce his majority somewhat.

I do think it would have created a different situation if a more local Conservative candidate had put their name in as the campaign would have been much stronger.

But, perhaps I'm jumping the gun, there are still two weeks to go.

Wynonie Harris 21-04-2010 13:19

Gordon Bennett, Ken! You don't have much confidence in your buddy, do you? :D

cashman 21-04-2010 13:28

think graham will/should win here, reduced majority is out of his control, down to the ******* on high.

Tealeaf 21-04-2010 13:32

If Britcliffe was on here, he'd probably vote for Jones with a !0,000+ majority.

cashman 21-04-2010 13:50

my honest thoughts are take Ken Hargreaves n Greg Pope, political opposites, both in my opinion were good M.P.s reason- they cared about local issues n people, which both demonstrated numerous times, Graham Jones is the same mould, think about it! can anyone honestly say that about the "Invisible Buckley"?

K.S.H 21-04-2010 13:54

My choice isn't listed,
I'm voting for the Icelandic national party, they've done more for immigration in the last 5 days than Labour have done in 10 years!

cashman 21-04-2010 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H (Post 808548)
My choice isn't listed,
I'm voting for the Icelandic national party, they've done more for immigration in the last 5 days than Labour have done in 10 years!

ya will slit yer throat yer that sharp.:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

yerself 21-04-2010 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H
My choice isn't listed,

You got the same text as me.:D:D

yerself 21-04-2010 14:34

Graham Jones will just about scrape it. He must know I'm not voting for him, his leaflet arrived today, addressed to the wife.

jaysay 21-04-2010 14:46

I'm afraid "doesn't give a toss" isn't listed;)

cashman 21-04-2010 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 808561)
I'm afraid "doesn't give a toss" isn't listed;)

Ah but what about the locals?:D

jaysay 21-04-2010 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 808562)
Ah but what about the locals?:D

I've already stated I will not vote for Karen Buckley:D

mani 21-04-2010 15:28

not many tory lovers around here...