Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/should-we-legalise-illegal-drugs-poll-60990.html)

Less 26-03-2012 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 980111)
I don't smoke fags for 3 years now - I don't take illegal drugs and I drink alcohol a few times a month!

I never said legalise illegal drugs anyway! I was just asking a question that's all?

I don't think Heroine or Coke should be legalised. :hehetable Cannabis yes!

For some reason, I don't care what you have or have not done for three years.
I don't care if you said legalise drugs or were just asking a question.
I definately don't care whether your against legalising heroine or coke, or that you are for legalising cannabis.

I do care that you must be really dizzy from going around in boring little circles and spouting the same rubbish you did months ago.
Give us all a break, overdose on something, nothing lethal, just enough to give the rest of us a break.

Thank You.

jaysay 26-03-2012 17:16

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

I'll second that Less

kestrelx 26-03-2012 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 980117)
I definately don't care whether your against legalising heroine or coke, or that you are for legalising cannabis.

I do care that you must be really dizzy from going around in boring little circles and spouting the same rubbish you did months ago.
Give us all a break, overdose on something, nothing lethal, just enough to give the rest of us a break.

Thank You.

I hope you get hit by a bus mate! Your not a nice man!:cool:

kestrelx 26-03-2012 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 980117)

Thank You.

I get the impression you are an alcoholic! A booze abuser! :drink::drink::thepint:

Less 26-03-2012 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 980199)
I get the impression you are an alcoholic! A booze abuser! :drink::drink::thepint:

Just shows how easy it is for your simple mind to jump to a conclusion, even when, like your head, that conclusion is full of no facts.

Would you like another go? Perhaps you could try for an attack on my sexual orientation or even perhaps bypass me and accuse one of my brothers of trying to blackmail, well, just plucking a name at random, Tesco.

If brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your cap off.

:)

cashman 26-03-2012 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 980189)

Takes one to know one, or so they say.:D

Margaret Pilkington 26-03-2012 21:13

Quote:

Why did you add a 'smiley' to this post?
It does nothing to take the offensiveness out of the sentiment you expressed.
And don't give me the 'he started it first' routine.

You do not have to take yourself down to another person's level.
All this shows, is a lack of maturity on your part.

You tell Less he is not a nice man....but then neither are you! (I won't add a smiley)

walkinman221 26-03-2012 21:27

Quote:

You really must stop these personal attacks , less will get very upset by your over zealous remarks . It may lead to sleepless nights for him and the others whom you have attacked with so much venom and vitriol, its nasty desist at once before you cause any more upset:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Less 26-03-2012 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkinman221 (Post 980227)
It may lead to sleepless nights for him and the others whom you have attacked with so much venom and vitriol,

I wasn't upset by him, he finished his post with a smiley so no harm done surely?

walkinman221 26-03-2012 22:05

Oh yeah forgot about the smilie.

Less 27-03-2012 00:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkinman221 (Post 980236)
Oh yeah forgot about the smilie.

So maybe now you will stop trying to Stir it?
You obviously have no talent for the job.

(Big smiley face placed here to show I don't think you're an arse).

jaysay 27-03-2012 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 980204)
Just shows how easy it is for your simple mind to jump to a conclusion, even when, like your head, that conclusion is full of no facts.

Would you like another go? Perhaps you could try for an attack on my sexual orientation or even perhaps bypass me and accuse one of my brothers of trying to blackmail, well, just plucking a name at random, Tesco.

If brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your cap off.

:)

If you put his brains in a kestrel it would fly backwards Less

accyman 27-03-2012 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 977880)
Morphine is prescribed for cancer sufferers so it is not illegal for them to use it.

hang on morphine is a legal drug if prescribed but just like many other drugs that are prescription only and its not just cancer its given out for.I know someone who uses morphine patches daily infact i know two people that use it daily in patch form and in liquid form when needed but it is on prescription only but neither are cancer sufferers.I dont know why anyone would want the god awfull stuff as a recreational drug all it does is cause nausia and vomiting but if thats someones idea of a good time then fair play lol

as of yet canabis isnt prescribed in teh uk as i know of so it is an illigal drug so does belong in the poll along side heroin etc.There is a canabis substitute but they certainly dont prescribe canabis in its natural form for people to roll up and smoke or eat in cake.

Canada are considering legalising canabis at the moment which will probably happen as they have just legalised brothels

Margaret Pilkington 27-03-2012 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 980345)
hang on morphine is a legal drug if prescribed but just like many other drugs that are prescription only and its not just cancer its given out for.I know someone who uses morphine patches daily infact i know two people that use it daily in patch form and in liquid form when needed but it is on prescription only but neither are cancer sufferers.I dont know why anyone would want the god awfull stuff as a recreational drug all it does is cause nausia and vomiting but if thats someones idea of a good time then fair play lol

as of yet canabis isnt prescribed in teh uk as i know of so it is an illigal drug so does belong in the poll along side heroin etc.There is a canabis substitute but they certainly dont prescribe canabis in its natural form for people to roll up and smoke or eat in cake.

Canada are considering legalising canabis at the moment which will probably happen as they have just legalised brothels

The reason I mentioned that it is used for cancer was that another poster had said that it was illegal for cancer sufferers to use it......I know it is used for many other things too. I can't see many people wanting to use it as a recreational drug as it does not give a 'high'....quite the reverse....it can cause nause and sickness and also constipation.

As for Cannabis........it is prescribed in the UK(not the natural leaf as its quality and purity would be hard to guarantee, but the pharma product)......as a spray or in tablet form (under the name of Sativex).......it is used by MS sufferers, but can also be given for nueropathic pain and the pain caused by some cancers......it is marketed by Bayer Schering.

I remember trials of the medicine being conducted more than ten years ago.

walkinman221 27-03-2012 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 980249)
So maybe now you will stop trying to Stir it?
You obviously have no talent for the job.

(Big smiley face placed here to show I don't think you're an arse).

Thanks less i love you too:love::s_aim1:

accyman 27-03-2012 18:57

like i said a canabis substitute or a tablet derived from canabis is prescribed but lets be honest hear the majority of people wanting it legalised arnt after it for medicinal use or in medicinal form the stoners want the real deal legalised.

if they legalised propper leaf canabis under prescription just like in areas of america where it is medicialy licenced there would be a mile long que at every doctors surgery consisting mainly of stoners faking whatever injury or ailment it was allowed to be prescribed for lol

im on the fence with legalising canabis.Iv tried it a few times in resin and leaf form and didnt feel an urge to go shoot up with cocain .The last time i tried it was in Amsterdam and one thing i noticed was that although not legal there cocain was easily got infact offered quite openly to tourists in the street so their must be a market for it amongst the weed smokers or they wouldnt be there selling it:confused:

when i was on a morphine drip i asked for it to be removed because the pain and dicsomfort caused by the effects of the morphine made the pain from surgery a better option which is why i cant understand anyone wanting to seek morphine out as a recreational drug lol

That valium they gave me before the operation its self to calm me down while i waited to be put under was pretty damn good though but i aintgoing through the surgery again just so i can get a fix of it lol

accyman 27-03-2012 19:36

by the way im not condoning the use of canabis as recreational but how are the public supposed to make an informed decision when government keeps changing its mind about it.One week its ok to carry enough on you for personal use the next week they are re-classifying it.The experts cant seem to make their mind up as to long term effects but my thoughts are that any drug taken in large amounts will cause you problems in the long run.Some people light a spliff at weekend and some sit in all day every day getting stoned out off their faces which i guess is what happens with alchol users as in some moderate and some abuse

susie123 27-03-2012 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 980359)
The reason I mentioned that it is used for cancer was that another poster had said that it was illegal for cancer sufferers to use it......I know it is used for many other things too. I can't see many people wanting to use it as a recreational drug as it does not give a 'high'....quite the reverse....it can cause nause and sickness and also constipation.

As for Cannabis........it is prescribed in the UK(not the natural leaf as its quality and purity would be hard to guarantee, but the pharma product)......as a spray or in tablet form (under the name of Sativex).......it is used by MS sufferers, but can also be given for nueropathic pain and the pain caused by some cancers......it is marketed by Bayer Schering.

I remember trials of the medicine being conducted more than ten years ago.

I've had shares in the company that developed it for all of those ten years or more...

GWPharma - Welcome

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can get Sativex as tablets, just the oral spray.

Margaret Pilkington 28-03-2012 07:17

When it was first trialled it was tablets, but yes, you are right, Sativex is in spray form now....there is another cannabinoid which is in tablet form, but I am having a grey moment and can't bring its name to mind.
My sister in law has MS and she has been prescribed a cannabinoid in one form or another for quite a long time.

kestrelx 31-03-2012 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 980462)
When it was first trialled it was tablets, but yes, you are right, Sativex is in spray form now....there is another cannabinoid which is in tablet form, but I am having a grey moment and can't bring its name to mind.
My sister in law has MS and she has been prescribed a cannabinoid in one form or another for quite a long time.

A lot of people are totally against drug legalisation because they have been conditioned by the Newspapers and Media who are adamantly against these drugs and will print misinformation to perpetuate these issues. They refuse to accept the facts that alcohol kills 8,000 people per year! But I've said this before and people don't listen as they've been brainwashed!

susie123 31-03-2012 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 980462)

I'm pleased to hear that - many people are being denied Sativex because their health authorities say it is too expensive.

Margaret Pilkington 31-03-2012 20:59

I am not sure whether having been a nurse has anything to do with it........she has been on a number of different treatments and they haven't done much for her(by way of relieving her symptoms - reducing the muscle pains and the spasticity). She is quite a forceful personality and can argue her case very well........I think it helps to have a GP who worked with her in the hospital setting too(often it was she who kept them out of the doo-doo with consultants).

jaysay 01-04-2012 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 981586)
A lot of people are totally against drug legalisation because they have been conditioned by the Newspapers and Media who are adamantly against these drugs and will print misinformation to perpetuate these issues. They refuse to accept the facts that alcohol kills 8,000 people per year! But I've said this before and people don't listen as they've been brainwashed!

Whats the title of this thread, you don't need to be brain washed when you've seen first had what drugs do, not only individuals, but families too, and the monster which druggies become by slave to their addiction. Have a word with the parents who have seen their families and lives utterly destroyed by their kids being dragged into the word of drugs, I have seen first had the results of something you so virulently defend:mad:

Less 01-04-2012 10:18

Quote:

A lot of people are totally against drug legalisation because they have been conditioned by the Newspapers and Media who are adamantly against these drugs and will print misinformation to perpetuate these issues.

No, most people are for drugs legislation, the legislation they want doesn't happen to agree with your views.
Misinformation? I suppose that depends on your point of view?

Quote:

They refuse to accept the facts that alcohol kills 8,000 people per year! But I've said this before and people don't listen as they've been brainwashed!

Where did you get the figure of 8,000 per year from?
Was it the daily mail, perhaps the daily sport?
Wherever you got it from, some 'media', source must be accepting the fact that there is a problem.

Or did you make the figure up yourself just to ensure accuracy?

Restless 01-04-2012 12:59

Subjective statement jaysay

This scenario isn't always the majority in the "druggies" world. Drugs don't always destroy lives-- I have also seen this first hand.

So which drugs are you referring to

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 981662)
Whats the title of this thread, you don't need to be brain washed when you've seen first had what drugs do, not only individuals, but families too, and the monster which druggies become by slave to their addiction. Have a word with the parents who have seen their families and lives utterly destroyed by their kids being dragged into the word of drugs, I have seen first had the results of something you so virulently defend:mad:

Restless 01-04-2012 13:07

Transform : Fact Research Guide : Drug related deaths

websites like this I should imagine.

http://www.drugscope.org.uk/Resource...eathreport.pdf

^ this I suppose may be a good read for those that can be bothered to read it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 981668)
Where did you get the figure of 8,000 per year from?
Was it the daily mail, perhaps the daily sport?
Wherever you got it from, some 'media', source must be accepting the fact that there is a problem.

Or did you make the figure up yourself just to ensure accuracy?

Restless 01-04-2012 16:39

Well I missed the poll but It would be 25/7 if I had voted.

Though I am of the opinion that cannabis should be legalized the poll basically says all illegal drugs.

Government could tax the hell out of cannabis and they would make millions. Who knows it may even help the economy :hidewall:

Margaret Pilkington 01-04-2012 16:42

I don't think it would because if they taxed the hell out of it, people would find other suppliers....so there would still be a black market in the stuff and criminals would prosper...much as they do now.

Less 01-04-2012 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 981764)
I don't think it would because if they taxed the hell out of it, people would find other suppliers....so there would still be a black market in the stuff and criminals would prosper...much as they do now.

Don't fret over it Margaret, all he did was show he has no real idea of life, I hope his drugs give him no harm but plenty of enjoyment, (so long as I am allowed the choice to use or not use, I'm happy).

annesingleton 01-04-2012 17:05

i would appreciate people saying where their evidence comes from - is it personal opinion or hard evidence?

Less 01-04-2012 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 981770)
i would appreciate people saying where their evidence comes from - is it personal opinion or hard evidence?

Don't be silly woman!

Haven't you had enough of kestrelx's weird and wonderful world of ridiculous links?

Restless 01-04-2012 18:00

Over the years that I have been reading posts on accyweb I come to respect Maraget's opinions. You however... You was on my case the very first minute I posted to the forum years ago, when you didn't know anything about me. This is what sucks about accringtonweb... that we can't have a discussion with personal attacks left, right and centre. I remember all to well how you was on the offensive with me for no good reason and it wasn't even a sensitive subject.

If you had read anything I posted you would know that I no longer do drugs and I haven't for 10 years

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 981767)
Don't fret over it Margaret, all he did was show he has no real idea of life, I hope his drugs give him no harm but plenty of enjoyment, (so long as I am allowed the choice to use or not use, I'm happy).

annesingleton 01-04-2012 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 981772)
Don't be silly woman!

Haven't you had enough of kestrelx's weird and wonderful world of ridiculous links?

I know, daft comment really when thinking about it, but it's annoying to me that he gets responses mainly because of his provocative attitude!

Restless 01-04-2012 19:21

Anne finding the info on drug related deaths in relation to alcohol related deaths you have to dig deep

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/subnat...l-bulletin.pdf <this one will tell you how many people have died from alcohol.

NINIS | Data Catalogue
This is just for northern ireland. You can compare the two.

Notice these are government websites.

Presenting this info-- This is not me saying ''im all for drugs'' If it reads this way then go back and read my opinion and/or experience on the subject. But if you research for the info you will be shocked by the staggering info that proves that alcohol kills more than any other drug bar tobacco.

Now on to realising that I drink way too much :hehetable perhaps we should have a poll on whether or not Alcohol should be made illegal :hidewall:

Quote:

annesingleton 01-04-2012 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 981825)
Anne finding the info on drug related deaths in relation to alcohol related deaths you have to dig deep

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/subnat...l-bulletin.pdf <this one will tell you how many people have died from alcohol.

NINIS | Data Catalogue
This is just for northern ireland. You can compare the two.

Notice these are government websites.

Presenting this info-- This is not me saying ''im all for drugs'' If it reads this way then go back and read my opinion and/or experience on the subject. But if you research for the info you will be shocked by the staggering info that proves that alcohol kills more than any other drug bar tobacco.

Now on to realising that I drink way too much :hehetable perhaps we should have a poll on whether or not Alcohol should be made illegal :hidewall:

Thank you for the information which makes sense. Alcohol definitely kills more people than illegal drugs. But is that an argument for legalising illegal drugs?

garinda 01-04-2012 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 981829)
Thank you for the information which makes sense. Alcohol definitely kills more people than illegal drugs. But is that an argument for legalising illegal drugs?

That seems to be the main argument.

There are already, what can be dangerous, legal substances.

So let's have more.

Two wrongs never did make that right.

Restless 01-04-2012 19:37

No, :)

Quote:

Less 01-04-2012 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 981789)
Over the years that I have been reading posts on accyweb I come to respect Maraget's opinions. You however... You was on my case the very first minute I posted to the forum years ago, when you didn't know anything about me. This is what sucks about accringtonweb... that we can't have a discussion with personal attacks left, right and centre. I remember all to well how you was on the offensive with me for no good reason and it wasn't even a sensitive subject.

If you had read anything I posted you would know that I no longer do drugs and I haven't for 10 years

Perhaps I was on your case then for the same reason I'll be on your case now, you talk crap, the difference between you and I is, you remember me being on your case, No doubt whenever it was, your thinking was as bad then as it is now.
It may be as you say this is what sucks about AccringtonWeb but only for childish folk like you.

Restless 01-04-2012 21:09

Its laughable that you of all people would call me childish.

What is really disconcerting to me about you is I actually enjoyed reading your blog back around the year I joined mostly this post

Sometimes the Devil takes on many forms - Accrington Web

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 981848)
Perhaps I was on your case then for the same reason I'll be on your case now, you talk crap, the difference between you and I is, you remember me being on your case, No doubt whenever it was, your thinking was as bad then as it is now.
It may be as you say this is what sucks about AccringtonWeb but only for childish folk like you.

Less 01-04-2012 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 981851)
Its laughable that you of all people would call me childish.

So, you have started posting again, for how long?
You have tried and failed in your futile attack on me in this thread, you have had to apologise for your attitude in the Clayton thread, how long before you notice it is you that is wrong not everyone else?

jaysay 02-04-2012 08:41

If you post on this site you have to be prepared to stick your head above the parapet and get shot at, if your not, Accyweb ain't the place of you Restless

Restless 02-04-2012 16:05

Less. I never attacked I defended myself against your attack.

You went off at me in a comment towards Margaret rather than sharing an opinion against whatever I said it was just a direct attack. There was no real call for it. All I have done is openly and honestly shared my experience and opinions on what is a sensitive subject. You said I knew nothing about life and quoted me as being a drug user.

It would be fair enough if I am wrong in what I am saying and you have some valid point for me to take into consideration. I am all for learning

I fail to see how I have been childish. If anything your comment was childish.

Those links I posted, the information was requested, didn't you yourself ask for proof of the alcohol related deaths?

The amount of alcohol related deaths that Kestrel mentioned is accurate, and all I did was provide evidence(more childishness I presume?). Later Anne also asked where the evidence comes from. So I tried to find more direct government documents on them because sites advocating drug use or the legalizing of them are dubious and people may not trust the source of information. But government documents they can be found scattered around the internet, the information is out there.

KestrelX point on mass media misinformation isn't accurate. If anything it is a purposeful omission of information. All the taxing of Alcohol and Tobacco.....

Did you even read any of the links? They are not nonsense they are from .gov sites.

This isn't intended as a method of changing peoples views about illegal drugs.

Quoting the Clayton thread is almost irrelevant. If I would of quoted cashman in that thread then the joke may have come across. I get it, some people don't get my sense of humour and it was misplaced so I apologised. Do I owe an apology here? Because they way I see it, you are yet again firing off at a user that that is not a regular here.

Just gets me when intelligent people like yourself(so it would seem) go off at people on forums(hypocritical of me saying this I know) It just seems like you fire off at people. Its not just me saying this. Over the years I have seen other users saying it too.

Jaysay-- You are right, as it seems you almost always are.

I have asked for my account to be removed.... Where Jaysays point is accurate. I do not wish to be named as "knowing nothing" "talking crap" "childish" or whatever things people say just because I am of a different opinions, ideas and ideals from others every time a sensitive subject is discussed.

It was just like this when it come down to my agnostic views on religion. I have been told several times that 'I am going to hell'....

...When deep down I am a person who prides himself on being Honest, Moralistic(though sometimes I don't show it like in the Clayton thread)Kind, and try to be a good person in general.

Perhaps Less I have taken you the wrong way in the past, but seems to me you are always on the offensive.

best,
Rob

PS: after the countless tirade of posts from the user called 'life' me popping up and presenting links to what appears to be outrageous facts-- you may think of me as another 'life'. upon my reflection of this disagreement I thought of this. I assure you I am not a maniac like that dude

kestrelx 02-04-2012 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 981772)
Don't be silly woman!

Get your head tested mate - you obviously have lost all reason! :eek::confused:

kestrelx 02-04-2012 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 981763)
Well I missed the poll but It would be 25/7 if I had voted.

Though I am of the opinion that cannabis should be legalized the poll basically says all illegal drugs.

Government could tax the hell out of cannabis and they would make millions. Who knows it may even help the economy :hidewall:

Thing is Restless if the price of cannabis, if it was legalised, was too high with tax it may defeat the object?

Also I posted a new thread/poll asking if Cannabis should be legalised and it was removed - when asking the Mods why, I was told there were to many threads active relating to drugs but if I tried again when they died down it would be allowed! So perhaps you could start it, I'll take part! :alright:

Restless 02-04-2012 16:51

Its just something my favourite comedian Bill Hicks said ''If they legalized cannabis it would end the deficit"

Perhaps Im wrong or right. Anne made a good point with the bootleg trade which I didn't take into consideration.

Least if it was legalized people wouldn't have to go to dealers to get it(unless they wanted to of course) and the dangerous resin stuff would be more out of reach than ever.

People are smoking all kinds of dangerous crap when they are smoking cannabis resin-- Ketamine, Plastic hardening chemicals and other countless terrible things. IMO there is not enough awareness about the dangers of cannabis resin. Instead they seem to focus on the plant form and genetically modified seeds or whatever. Cannabis resin contains about 10% cannabis and the rest is crap. Unfortunately I learned this information way to late or I would never have smoked it.

I have changed my mind in my opinion to cannabis being legalized to it being decriminalised. One should be able to grow a plant or two for personal use without the worry of being jailed or marked with a criminal record. If its not a commonly shared view so be it. That is just my take on it.

As for a starting another drugs thread. I don't think so KestrelX. Even if I do stick around here I doubt I will comment in any sensitive subjects again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 981967)
Thing is Restless if the price of cannabis, if it was legalised, was too high with tax it may defeat the object?

Also I posted a new thread/poll asking if Cannabis should be legalised and it was removed - when asking the Mods why, I was told there were to many threads active relating to drugs but if I tried again when they died down it would be allowed! So perhaps you could start it, I'll take part! :alright:

Eric 02-04-2012 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 981962)
Get your head tested mate - you obviously have lost all reason! :eek::confused:

If we put aside all the ad hominem garbage for a while, and concentrate on the question, we should be able to see that there are two sides to the argument ... at least two. There are the arguments that come from countries which consume the products ... the UK is a prime example, as is Canada ... and those from countries which produce them. And many of the problems come from the consuming countries, particularly the US and its hangers on in the developed world, who are putting pressure on producing countries such as Mexico and Columbia to adopt their model .... which, essentially, is waging a "war" on drugs. Not a metaphorical war, but a literal one involving armies and police forces, and significant casualties among the general public. If one takes the time to look at what is happening in Mexico, for example, one can see that this "war" is being lost. And the costs of its failure are being borne by the producing countries; and the beneficiaries are the drug producing and marketing cartels. One way of reducing the crimes associated with drugs is to legalize them.

Organized crime in the US came about because of the 18th. Ammendment; and after prohibition it didn't go away. It just moved into gambling, prostitution, drugs, and general rackateering. Organized crime thrives on the illegal nature of things that the general public wants to do, and will continue doing despite the law.

Perhaps consuming countries should take more responsibility for their drug problems ... legalize the damn stuff and control its use, something that can be done more effectively if the problem is out in the open. Right now the blame and the burden is being placed on the producing countries, particularly the poor and defenceless in those countries. One thing that must be done is to get away from this bs about "wars on drugs".

By the way ... I seem to have a drug problem. Time to make a phone call:D

Restless 02-04-2012 16:56

thanks for your insight Eric. Great post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 981973)
If we put aside all the ad hominem garbage for a while, and concentrate on the question, we should be able to see that there are two sides to the argument ... at least two. There are the arguments that come from countries which consume the products ... the UK is a prime example, as is Canada ... and those from countries which produce them. And many of the problems come from the consuming countries, particularly the US and its hangers on in the developed world, who are putting pressure on producing countries such as Mexico and Columbia to adopt their model .... which, essentially, is waging a "war" on drugs. Not a metaphorical war, but a literal one involving armies and police forces, and significant casualties among the general public. If one takes the time to look at what is happening in Mexico, for example, one can see that this "war" is being lost. And the costs of its failure are being borne by the producing countries; and the beneficiaries are the drug producing and marketing cartels. One way of reducing the crimes associated with drugs is to legalize them.

Organized crime in the US came about because of the 18th. Ammendment; and after prohibition it didn't go away. It just moved into gambling, prostitution, drugs, and general rackateering. Organized crime thrives on the illegal nature of things that the general public wants to do, and will continue doing despite the law.

Perhaps consuming countries should take more responsibility for their drug problems ... legalize the damn stuff and control its use, something that can be done more effectively if the problem is out in the open. Right now the blame and the burden is being placed on the producing countries, particularly the poor and defenceless in those countries. One thing that must be done is to get away from this bs about "wars on drugs".

susie123 02-04-2012 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 981975)
thanks for your insight Eric. Great post

Totally agree. Wise words Eric, as usual.

kestrelx 02-04-2012 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 981973)

Former President George W Bush has cocaine convictions - but his father pulled strings to have the records wiped from his record!

Fact is Eric - prohibition in the USA is well documented for allowing Organised Crime to get a foot hold in America by making vast profits from selling Illegal Booze!

Good post!

kestrelx 02-04-2012 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 981972)

Least if it was legalized people wouldn't have to go to dealers to get it(unless they wanted to of course) and the dangerous resin stuff would be more out of reach than ever.

People are smoking all kinds of dangerous crap when they are smoking cannabis resin-- Ketamine, Plastic hardening chemicals and other countless terrible things. IMO there is not enough awareness about the dangers of cannabis resin. Instead they seem to focus on the plant form and genetically modified seeds or whatever. Cannabis resin contains about 10% cannabis and the rest is crap. Unfortunately I learned this information way to late or I would never have smoked it.

I have changed my mind in my opinion to cannabis being legalized to it being decriminalised. One should be able to grow a plant or two for personal use without the worry of being jailed or marked with a criminal record. If its not a commonly shared view so be it. That is just my take on it.

As for a starting another drugs thread. I don't think so KestrelX. Even if I do stick around here I doubt I will comment in any sensitive subjects again.

A few people have made these points before. That making some drugs illegal means that more people are going to be exposed to impure or fake drugs from unscrupulous dealers! Thus there will be more illness and more deaths because of this! I havn't tried to get any, but from reports I've read most Ecstasy sold these days is not the real thing but cut with all sorts of impurities and substances that are not what the buyer thinks or wants!

I concur with you about not being willing to comment on sensitive subjects - some folk here like throwing things back in your face! :rolleyes:

kestrelx 02-04-2012 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 981956)

KestrelX point on mass media misinformation isn't accurate. If anything it is a purposeful omission of information. All the taxing of Alcohol and Tobacco.....

It is accurate just read what the Daily Mail is writing about Cannabis!

Quote:

I have asked for my account to be removed.... Where Jaysays point is accurate. I do not wish to be named as "knowing nothing" "talking crap" "childish" or whatever things people say just because I am of a different opinions, ideas and ideals from others every time a sensitive subject is discussed.

It was just like this when it come down to my agnostic views on religion. I have been told several times that 'I am going to hell'....

I know what you mean when you want your account removed - with all this slander going on!

Michael1954 02-04-2012 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 982023)
I know what you mean when you want your account removed - with all this slander going on!

I don't want Restless to leave the site, nor you Kestrel. I just think this topic has been done to death, so much so that there are now two separate threads about legalising drugs, and the subject is also creeping into discussions about music etc.

Eric 02-04-2012 22:30

Quote:

Obviously, the answer to your question is a resounding "no". But here is another question: If all drugs became legal tomorrow, would those who currently don't use illegal drugs go rushing out to buy bongs and weed, and heroin and needles? Those who take illegal drugs do so by choice, and there is no shortage of sources for those drugs. Those who choose not to take illegal drugs would probably not buy the drug even if it were legal. The legality or illegality of a particular substance is not important; what is important is the choice of the individual to partake, or not to partake.

***Mr D*** 02-04-2012 22:55

Quote:

Evidence or opinion on what exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 981972)
Its just something my favourite comedian Bill Hicks said ''If they legalized cannabis it would end the deficit"

Perhaps Im wrong or right. Anne made a good point with the bootleg trade which I didn't take into consideration.

I share the Decriminalisation view. I have mentioned it previously.

Why will you no longer comment? you have every right to.

People need to realise its just a forum, not something to worry or stress about, people will have different views. as Hicks would say "its just a ride".:D

Eric 03-04-2012 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** (Post 982075)
Evidence or opinion on what exactly.

I share the Decriminalisation view. I have mentioned it previously.

Why will you no longer comment? you have every right to.

People need to realise its just a forum, not something to worry or stress about, people will have different views. as Hicks would say "its just a ride".:D

True. It's a forum. We all have different perspectives and opinions. I am quite capable of presenting my point of view, and defending it. And I respect the opinions of others ... while disagreeing with them.:D There's one guy on here that I have never agreed with; but he his one person I would love to have a beer with, or a cuppa, and just generally shoot the breeze. Go figure, eh. (That's Canadian, eh.);)

jaysay 03-04-2012 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 982021)
A few people have made these points before. That making some drugs illegal means that more people are going to be exposed to impure or fake drugs from unscrupulous dealers! Thus there will be more illness and more deaths because of this! I haven't tried to get any, but from reports I've read most Ecstasy sold these days is not the real thing but cut with all sorts of impurities and substances that are not what the buyer thinks or wants!

I concur with you about not being willing to comment on sensitive subjects - some folk here like throwing things back in your face! :rolleyes:

You have only ever got stupid subjects thrown back in your face, nothing more nothing less, in fact your last post is probably the best one you've made on this subject

cashman 03-04-2012 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 982218)
Why is Less banned? :confused:

Thats more obvious than the fact you are not.after what yeh posted a while ago its a much harder question to answer.:rolleyes:

kestrelx 13-04-2012 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 982248)
Thats more obvious than the fact you are not.after what yeh posted a while ago its a much harder question to answer.:rolleyes:

Well as long as it wans't for smoking illegal drugs - then that's ok! :p;)

jaysay 13-04-2012 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 984979)
Well as long as it wans't for smoking illegal drugs - then that's ok! :p;)

Leave that to you:rolleyes:

Less 13-04-2012 09:49

Originally Posted by kestrelx
Why is Less banned?

QUOTE=cashman;982248]Thats more obvious than the fact you are not.after what yeh posted a while ago its a much harder question to answer.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Why not send me a P.M. To find out?
Maybe I'll tell you. My pm box just like my karma space is always open.
Just try to be more civil with your approach than you are on here, I'm able to use some quite tasty words in pm's that are restricted from site.
:alright:

Eric 13-04-2012 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1954 (Post 982040)
I don't want Restless to leave the site, nor you Kestrel. I just think this topic has been done to death, so much so that there are now two separate threads about legalising drugs, and the subject is also creeping into discussions about music etc.

This topic ain't going away any time soon ... it's not merely about wether a substance is legal or illegal. There are a whole bunch of ideological, social, and public healthe issues tied into it ... and probably some more stuff too. And it is an issue which could dominate discussions among political leaders in the Americas:

Drug legalization debate divides the Americas - World - CBC News

kestrelx 13-04-2012 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 984981)
Leave that to you:rolleyes:

Stooge! :jimbo: :):):) I told you I don't take drugs!

kestrelx 13-04-2012 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 985030)
This topic ain't going away any time soon ... it's not merely about wether a substance is legal or illegal. There are a whole bunch of ideological, social, and public healthe issues tied into it ... and probably some more stuff too. And it is an issue which could dominate discussions among political leaders in the Americas:

Drug legalization debate divides the Americas - World - CBC News

Eric good post - you are talking sense unlike the 3 Stooges (Cashman, Less and Jaysay) who only have Knee jerk dogma to say on this subject and many others! :)

Margaret Pilkington 13-04-2012 13:22

You know Kestrelx, you are just as bad as those you cite.
They have a different opinion to you and you can't seem to live with that........and before you go shouting me down, that they are as bad as anyone - wouldn't it just be an adult approach not to rise to the bait everytime?
These repeat drug threads have become tiresome and tedious.(I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this is the case).

MargaretR 13-04-2012 13:39

Garinda started this one.

Margaret Pilkington 13-04-2012 13:49

I know Margaret, but it has become another insult-fest. Which I am sure wasn't what was intended when it was started at first.
I wish that threads like this would migrate over to the Over 18's section. I think they would be more appropriate there - and I would be shut out of them...after all, I am only 14.:)

Less 13-04-2012 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 985036)
Eric good post - you are talking sense unlike the 3 Stooges (Cashman, Less and Jaysay) who only have Knee jerk dogma to say on this subject and many others! :)

Oh, how upset am I, you named and shamed me as one of your stooges.
What a shame, will I sleep tonight?
Of course I will, will I laugh a little at your comments?
No, I will give a really good belly grunting guffaw at your mediocre posts, I often read through this trash, it confirms that my grip on sanity is so firm in comparison to yours.

garinda 13-04-2012 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 985046)
Garinda started this one.

Yes, primarily as a poll.

Not as another thread, discussing exactly the same subject.

So it would be hopefully clear what support there was, or wasn't, for the leagalisation of recreational drugs.

I hoped the poll could be attached to the thread discussing this issue.

As has happened in the past.

Less 13-04-2012 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 985056)

So it would be hopefully clear what support there was, or wasn't, for the leagalisation of recreational drugs.

What do you expect? We can't get the staff, (can't blame them, the job ain't what it used to be).

We let anyone on AccyWeb these days, some don't even know the difference between click & clique, ( commoners or what?).

Less 13-04-2012 17:01

Just a slight add on, when do you use:-

: ;

??? (the ??? Is nothing to do with : ; except to show it as a question and without ??? Would we know where it ends???).

Restless 13-04-2012 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 985043)
These repeat drug threads have become tiresome and tedious.(I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this is the case).

Agreed. They are kinda addictive though.(pun?)

Though-- how one spells klikk seems to be taking over a few threads now. ;)

jaysay 14-04-2012 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 985197)
Agreed. They are kinda addictive though.(pun?)

Though-- how one spells klikk seems to be taking over a few threads now. ;)

Is that how they spell it in Sweden Restless:D

kestrelx 23-04-2012 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 985056)

Lib-dem Mayorial Candidate Brian Paddick says if he gets in he'll stop the police nicking people for posessing small amounts of cannabis! To save money! :alright:

Vote Brian Paddick For London Mayor | CLEAR

jaysay 23-04-2012 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 987204)
Lib-dem Mayorial Candidate Brian Paddick says if he gets in he'll stop the police nicking people for posessing small amounts of cannabis! To save money! :alright:

Vote Brian Paddick For London Mayor | CLEAR

Ya take a look at the last 4 letters of his surname, says everything

AccyChris 23-04-2012 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 987227)
Ya take a look at the last 4 letters of his surname, says everything

maybe you should take last 4 letters of his surname for your surname jaysay ;)

jaysay 24-04-2012 06:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyChris (Post 987263)

No thats is reserved for you:thefinger

kestrelx 26-04-2012 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyChris (Post 987263)

Get back on topic here: :cool:

Russel Brand says we need to legalise drugs...

Russell Brand Speaks & Tells UK Government Drug Addiction - An Illness & Health Matter +Abstinence.. - YouTube

annesingleton 26-04-2012 21:14

Well if Russell says so, it must be right then!!!

Restless 26-04-2012 21:30

I didn't hear Russell actually saying they should legalize drugs( or did I fall asleep )

kestrelx 26-04-2012 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 987775)
I didn't hear Russell actually saying they should legalize drugs( or did I fall asleep )

He says decriminlize drugs, in other interviews - is legalize it the same:confused: :do-one:

DaveinGermany 27-04-2012 05:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 987791)
He says decriminlize drugs, in other interviews - is legalize it the same:confused: :do-one:

No. :)

Definition of DECRIMINALIZE

transitive verb
: to remove or reduce the criminal classification or status of; especially : to repeal a strict ban on while keeping under some form of regulation <decriminalize the possession of marijuana>

Definition of LEGALIZE

transitive verb
: to make legal; especially : to give legal validity or sanction to

Eric 27-04-2012 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 987796)

Definition of DECRIMINALIZE

transitive verb
: to remove or reduce the criminal classification or status of; especially : to repeal a strict ban on while keeping under some form of regulation <decriminalize the possession of marijuana>

Definition of LEGALIZE

transitive verb
: to make legal; especially : to give legal validity or sanction to

Problem is that some folks are opposed to decriminalization, not because it doesn't make sense and has obvious advantages ... not only in the "user" countries (developed "western" nations), but also for those countries where drugs are produced ... but because they see it merely as a step on the way towards legalization. This is, however, not necessarily the case.

AccyChris 27-04-2012 16:50

NO

this might suprise some folk on here who think im just a junkie but i don't think 'THEY' should legalize illegal drugs ;)

DaveinGermany 27-04-2012 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 987796)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 987838)
Problem is that some folks are opposed to decriminalization, not because it doesn't make sense and has obvious
advantages ...

My "No", wasn't meant as a response to decriminalization, it was in response to the question; is decriminalize the same as legalize ? :)

As to legalizing, I can see both sides & as Holland is a regular destination for us here I can quite readily see how it works for them, talk to those involved & see the problems & advantages of their system.

That said, the Dutch Government are tightening their rules & licensing procedures for their "Coffee Shops". Also there is a vast difference in the mentality & attitudes of the imbibers of NL compared to the UK consumers.

Eric 27-04-2012 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 987866)
My "No", wasn't meant as a response to decriminalization, it was in response to the question; is decriminalize the same as legalize ? :)

As to legalizing, I can see both sides & as Holland is a regular destination for us here I can quite readily see how it works for them, talk to those involved & see the problems & advantages of their system.

That said, the Dutch Government are tightening their rules & licensing procedures for their "Coffee Shops". Also there is a vast difference in the mentality & attitudes of the imbibers of NL compared to the UK consumers.

Oh, I was just adding a comment. I know what you meant.

Maybe the consumer attitudes are the product of government attitudes. I do believe that governments will become more likely to liberalize (at least) marijuana laws as time passes. I think we are reaching the point where most legislators have had a toke. What was it Clinton said: Something like "I tried marijuana once, but I didn't exhale":rolleyes:

As an aside, I like the Dutch; they are laid back like us. Did you know that Princess Margriet was born in Ottawa? And the Dutch have never forgotten that it was the Canadian Army which booted the krauts out of Holland. Every year, they send us flowers .... thousands of tulips.:dancedog:

DaveinGermany 27-04-2012 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 987868)
As an aside, I like the Dutch; they are laid back like us. Did you know that Princess Margriet was born in Ottawa? And the Dutch have never forgotten that it was the Canadian Army which booted the krauts out of Holland. Every year, they send us flowers .... thousands of tulips. :dancedog:

Me too, every second week-end we go over, fill up the car, bit of shopping, some scoff, nip in on friends say hello & grab a brew. :) No didn't realize that. And yes, very respectful & thankful to us Brits too for our part in their liberation, decent people the Dutch.

Even visited one of their "Coffee shops" with a friend (out of curiosity on my part) came out feeling somewhat peculiar, just from breathing in the atmosphere, most definitely not for me thank you. :rolleyes:

Eric 27-04-2012 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 987870)
Me too, every second week-end we go over, fill up the car, bit of shopping, some scoff, nip in on friends say hello & grab a brew. :) No didn't realize that. And yes, very respectful & thankful to us Brits too for our part in their liberation, decent people the Dutch.

Even visited one of their "Coffee shops" with a friend (out of curiosity on my part) came out feeling somewhat peculiar, just from breathing in the atmosphere, most definitely not for me thank you. :rolleyes:

Margriet's birth posed a few legal, constitutional, and, possibly, dynastic problems. These were resolved by the Canadian government's declaring the maternity ward of Ottawa Civic Hospital extra-territorial to Canada. Therefore, Magriet was officially born in international territory, thus taking the nationality of her mother. I love reading about this stuff when I'm stoned;):D

annesingleton 27-04-2012 20:17

I honestly think that if any of you had had the day I have at work, you wouldn't be promoting the legalisation of cannabis or any other drug.

Wynonie Harris 27-04-2012 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 987884)
I honestly think that if any of you had had the day I have at work, you wouldn't be promoting the legalisation of cannabis or any other drug.

Have you thought about applying to the lap dancing club?

Eric 27-04-2012 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 987884)

There's always booze and comfort food;):D

Restless 27-04-2012 20:57

Anne. What kind of day have you had?

I am going back to what I have said before-- I was basically saying that people really need to stop classing cannabis with other illegal drugs.

People really NEED(capitals for emphasis) to be properly educated about cannabis. I think of cannabis like I think of alcohol. Both are drugs, both can be bad for you. Used in moderation, both are safe. Well Alcohol is dangerous to those uneducated in its use and then you can get carried away...factually I can't say the same for cannabis(untouched clean source, not plastic and chemicals), since I don't know of any instances where people have died from it.

I have never

Attacked anyone
Robbed anyone
Raped anyone
Burgled houses
Smashed their property for no reason
Beat a woman up
I am not racist, sexist or homophobic-- I have not been accused of racist hate etc
ETC

I used to smoke lots of cannabis everyday for 6 years and I never committed any of these crimes. But people are educated to believe that because cannabis is an illegal drug, the users will commit crimes like this. But yet. Alcohol can be the cause of at least 4 or 5 of the above crimes.

*Awaits red karma*

AccyChris 27-04-2012 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 987895)

I am going back to what I have said before-- I was basically saying that people really need to stop classing cannabis with other illegal drugs.

People really NEED(capitals for emphasis) to be properly educated about cannabis. I think of cannabis like I think of alcohol. Both are drugs, both can be bad for you. Used in moderation, both are safe. Well Alcohol is dangerous to those uneducated in its use and then you can get carried away...factually I can't say the same for cannabis(untouched clean source, not plastic and chemicals), since I don't know of any instances where people have died from it.

I have never

Attacked anyone
Robbed anyone
Raped anyone
Burgled houses
Beat a woman up
I am not racist, sexist or homophobic-- I have not been accused of racist hate etc
ETC

I used to smoke lots of cannabis everyday for 6 years and I never committed any of these crimes. But people are educated to believe that because cannabis is an illegal drug, the users will commit crimes like this. But yet. Alcohol can be the cause of at least 4 or 5 of the above crimes.

*Awaits red karma*

:eek: only green from me if i could be bothered to learn how to send it ;)

annesingleton 28-04-2012 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 987892)
Have you thought about applying to the lap dancing club?

Yes I'm having lessons but just a bit scared of pulling the pole down when I turn upside down on it!

annesingleton 28-04-2012 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 987894)
There's always booze and comfort food;):D

Yes I know, that's why the lap dancing pole might bring the ceiling down when I start working in the new club!

annesingleton 28-04-2012 17:48

Quote:

I had a very difficult day Restless, thanks for asking, and I appreciate your other points - I know that a lot of people function ok whilst using cannabis regularly, I know some people personally who do but I know that for others it completely messes their lives up - and I know that legal substances do the same but that's not an argument for legalisation to me.

JIMSLAD 28-04-2012 20:46

After going to see my stepson on a mental ward the answer is definitely NO

kestrelx 28-04-2012 22:58

Quote:

I have never

Attacked anyone
Robbed anyone
Raped anyone
Burgled houses
Beat a woman up
ETC

*Awaits red karma*

1+ :do-one:

kestrelx 28-04-2012 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMSLAD (Post 988038)
After going to see my stepson on a mental ward the answer is definitely NO

I can understand how you feel, was your stepson smoking cannabis or taking other drugs?

Restless 29-04-2012 02:45

Thanks.

True I know at least one guy where it could've messed his life up. It is subjective in his case because he had personal problems to begin with and with any mind altering substance it is not good. But. In my opinion he would be a lot better of without it.

I was wondering at the time (if you could) be more specific and elaborate on what happened in your day that made you come to that conclusion-- I was gathering that you might have witnessed something at work in relation to drugs that further concreted your opinion in the legalization of (any) drugs in general

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 988019)
I had a very difficult day Restless, thanks for asking, and I appreciate your other points - I know that a lot of people function ok whilst using cannabis regularly, I know some people personally who do but I know that for others it completely messes their lives up - and I know that legal substances do the same but that's not an argument for legalisation to me.

annesingleton 29-04-2012 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless (Post 988061)
Thanks.

True I know at least one guy where it could've messed his life up. It is subjective in his case because he had personal problems to begin with and with any mind altering substance it is not good. But. In my opinion he would be a lot better of without it.

I was wondering at the time (if you could) be more specific and elaborate on what happened in your day that made you come to that conclusion-- I was gathering that you might have witnessed something at work in relation to drugs that further concreted your opinion in the legalization of (any) drugs in general

Sorry Restless I can't go into details, so I suppose my post was a bit pointless really, it's just seeing the havoc that substance use can cause in young people's lives and how things could be different if they hadn't started in the first place.