Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Super mosque in doubt (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/super-mosque-in-doubt-62411.html)

daisychain 14-09-2012 23:25

Super mosque in doubt

Guffaw! Mosque does not create jobs nor bring income to HBC. Sense and good economics from Labour Group! Hope asian communty in West Accrington must know that they are not the only people in the area and Hyndburn. Well done Tim OKane and Ken Moss.

:alright:

mobertol 14-09-2012 23:28

Re: Super mosque in doubt

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisychain (Post 1015880)
Guffaw! Mosque doen not create jobs nor bring income to HBC. Sense and good economics from Labour Group! Hope asian communty in West Accrington and know that they are not the only people in the area and Hyndburn. We done Tim OKane and Ken Moss.

:alright:

Sorry Daisy - don't understand -may be just be me- please explain...!

kestrelx 14-09-2012 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 1015881)
Sorry Daisy - don't understand -may be just be me- please explain...!

Ditto! ;)

daisychain 14-09-2012 23:39

Accrington Observer article this week explains conservative approval for a super mosque with a capacity for 2,500 worshipers in 2009 is now in doubt. the build would not benefit the community, nor generate jobs or income for HBC. Cllrs O'Kane and Moss via Overview and Scrutiny agreed to take a fresh look that this due to the delay by MOsque Commitee. 2009 to 2012 HBC have been waiting for movement. Now, clear heads have realised they do not have to sit in the asset that will give no income, the 2 acre plot is open agenda for development that WILL create jobs and income.
It is late or early whichever way your looking at the clock; forgive my mumblings!

garinda 15-09-2012 03:48

What a pity.

If you'd taken your shoes off, I bet they'd have let you go in there for a wee, preventing anymore li'l accidents.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisychain (Post 884494)
:pain30:
Being an older person, slowing down a bit and with a few incontinent experiences i feel secure that wherever I am in Accrington I can get to toilet facilities. Having been to the main Post Office and turned into Peel Street to find the toilet facilities closed and being redirected to the Market Hall. I am ANGRY! I had to manoeuvre the bus station area, with people waiting, talking and smoking. Then negotiating the market and opening the door to the market hall. I said excuse me so many times to get through the number of people going nowhere. Arriving at the lift, there is a queue! Grr! At last, inside BUT no! Doors stay open to wait for others. Yet another door to push open before getting into a cubicle. AAH! Did you hear me from Scaitcliffe House? No? Not surprised, you are not listening to people. You offer free bags for dogs’ faeces. Dogs do not provide revenue to HBC. I do, so now is the time to offer people incontinence pads. When and where can i collect? Wishing incontinence on no one, Tracey Trickle :bingobang

Guffaw.

:D

lancsdave 15-09-2012 08:12

If they want to use the land to help the local economy might I suggest they build a compound with an entrance and no exit, and relocate a certain establishment to there from Abbey St. The best economy boost this town will get;)

garinda 15-09-2012 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 1015932)
If they want to use the land to help the local economy might I suggest they build a compound with an entrance and no exit, and relocate a certain establishment to there from Abbey St. The best economy boost this town will get;)

You'd get my vote.

Cllr. Dave.

jaysay 15-09-2012 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015935)
You'd get my vote.

Cllr. Dave.

Mine too:)

cashman 15-09-2012 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 1015935)
You'd get my vote.

Cllr. Dave.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1015947)
Mine too:)

Yer too easy suited, he won't get mine,unless setting fire to it when full is n option.

jaysay 15-09-2012 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1015974)
Yer too easy suited, he won't get mine,unless setting fire to it when full is n option.

Your such an hard task master cashy:D

Restless 15-09-2012 16:58

Nothing gets a point across like Size 5 ComicSansMS Font

Isn't it better to have a super mosque rather than loads of little mosques? Oh
but there is different sects; just like there is different sects of Christian based religions. So there is bound to be a few dotted about. Do they really warrant the amount of money needed to build one?

Id have to admit; I am almost an admirer of churches and mosques(the architecture that is)

EllieBootGirl 15-09-2012 17:34

I believe that the council should think very, very carefully about this. Would a similar sized Christian church or cathedral be tolerated in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia etc.?

:(

Boeing Guy 15-09-2012 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllieBootGirl (Post 1016148)
I believe that the council should think very, very carefully about this. Would a similar sized Christian church or cathedral be tolerated in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia etc.?

Well of course they would not be tolerated, so why do you ask?
We live in a tolerant society, we allow freedom of speech and religion. Your chosen countries don't allow that.
If you are so against the Mosque, I suggest you become a councillor and change things.

Eric 15-09-2012 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllieBootGirl (Post 1016148)

Even though your question is, no doubt, rhetorical, of course it would be tolerated. It would provide a venue for the muslim nutbars to hang out, riot, burn, desecrate, and practice their bombing (suicide, hopefully) skills. Put the Stars and Stripes on top of it; that'll give the humorless bastards some climbing practice.

I think the time is coming when a lot of normally decent and tolerant folks in the West are going to suggest a hell of a lot less tolerance for Islam. Boot the bastards back to where they came from, especially to Pakistan which is quickly becoming a "failed state", if it hasn't already achieved that distinction.

Canada, by the way, has already closed its embassy in Tehran, and reaffirmed its staunch support of Israel.

Now that George W. Bush is out of office, Islam has become the number one threat to the stability and peace of the world. It may be time to put tolerance on the back burner for a while and start kicking some ass in the Middle East.:alright:

Restless 15-09-2012 18:29

A bit heavy that Eric.