Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Prime Ministers et al (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/prime-ministers-et-al-73083.html)

dotti34 21-10-2022 22:37

Prime Ministers et al

I am surprised that no one has started a thread yet regarding the Prime Minister fiasco you are experiencing over there. I am beginning to think it is a competition between the UK and Australia as to who can have the most Prime Ministers in the shortest possible time. Listening to someone this morning who seemed to know what he was taking about, it would seem that Boris might get his old job back.

Couple of old sayings come to mind. ‘Better the devil you know than the devil you don’t’ and ‘Be careful what you wish for’.

Margaret Pilkington 22-10-2022 03:35

Re: Prime Ministers et al

Dorothy, I think it beggars belief as to what had gone on.
If people think that replacing Liz Truss with a Labour Government will make things alright again, well they are deluded.
Many of her problems were not of her making at all….but Mainstream media will not tell you that.
The falling value of sterling came at a time when the US increased their interest rates.
It was not reported that this caused a number of currencies to lose ground….the Euro and the Yen(to name just two) fell but this was never mentioned.

Many of the problems were magnified by the media…who got into a feeding frenzy.
When Jeremy Hunt was parachuted into the chancellor position the media reported that the ‘pound surged’…..Really….how is the pond being at one dollar thirteen, and going to one dollar thirteen(so no change at all) ‘a surge’.
It looks like those who pull the strings are bringing into government those back stabbing remainder voting, left leaning, untrustworthy politicians that we should be glad to be rid of.
The removal of BJ was not democratic, it was a coup.
There were many people who said that the Tory party would regret this…..and I think they were right.
We have had a zombie government of inaction while they chose another leader (Sunak being the choice of the Mandarins in Westminster and when he was rejected they did not like the candidate and engineered her unseating).

Dorothy, I despair of the situation, because it is a sorry state that allows government policy to be directed by the media.

We have been living in a fools paradise of low interest rates for many years. Global,issues have made situations very difficult for many countries…Ukraine, the energy crisis, ridiculous net zero emission policies….oh I could go on, but….well I won’t
I am sure that Liz Truss is enjoying a better nights sleep for no longer having to deal with the Tory back stabbers.

Margaret Pilkington 22-10-2022 03:39

Oh, Yes….my sleep is still not much improved either….I have heard that sleeping in separate beds is good for you, but sleeping in separate towns definitely isn’t.
Just in case anyone is wondering about the timing of this posting.

taddy 22-10-2022 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1269114)
Oh, Yes….my sleep is still not much improved either…. I have heard that sleeping in separate beds is good for you but sleeping in separate towns definitely isn’t.
Just in case anyone is wondering about the timing of this posting.

I hear, sorry, (see) what you mean Marge, I do hope that your other half is improving, I don't know his name but please wish him a speedy recovery from Hazel and me and if you are ever stuck and you need any help from Hazel or me, please don't be afraid to send me a P.M.

Regards, Taddy.

Margaret Pilkington 22-10-2022 16:48

Taddy, he is called David….and while he has a long way to go, things are looking up…I will certainly give him your best wishes.
Thank you for your very kind offer. It really is appreciated.
Mx

Stevie R 22-10-2022 21:34

I would not be surprised if Johnson returns.The alternative Tory wannabee`s can`t compare with the talismanic Boris.

(Margaret,my best wishes to your husband)

Margaret Pilkington 22-10-2022 21:56

Stevie…he should not have been ousted in the first place.
What happened was the ones who are currently eyeing the prize stabbed him in the back….the party gate thing was overblown media hype.
I do not remember giving a mandate to the mainstream media to give them the power to steer governmental policies.
Governments govern…Newspapers are supposed to report news…unbiased and unvarnished.
It is a long long time since that was the case.

Thank you for your good wishes….we are getting there(I think)

Margaret Pilkington 24-10-2022 09:14

It is looking increasingly likely that Rishi(or should that be Richy) the snake is going to be taking over number 10 today.
All I can say to that is would you trust someone who stabbed a colleague in the back, front and sides?
My second comment would be ‘Karma lad’…..there is NO menu in the Karma Cafe….you get served what you deserve.

cashman 24-10-2022 10:48

its been deliberatly set at 100 so boris was unlikely to get that amount theres too many want to stop in the e.u, its obvious to me.

Margaret Pilkington 24-10-2022 11:38

Looking that way except it was said that BJ had accrued 100 supporters, he did not enter the contest so there was really no opposition to the snake.
I would rather eat crumbs with bums than steaks with snakes….I do not trust Sunak…he is a deceitful, chancer who has engineered this outcome from last December….and you have to ask WHY…is it anything at all to do with the WEF agenda….I think that might provide an answer.

He was the creator of much of the financial crisis….he gave away money like a drunken sailor on shore leave….and he did not know how this money would be recouped.
I think we can kiss goodbye to the triple lock.
Tighten your belts…it is going to be a bumpy ride…not that he will feel any of it.

cashman 24-10-2022 13:07

Sunak will now be pm the backstabbing get.

Margaret Pilkington 24-10-2022 13:13

May it stay fine for him!

cashman 24-10-2022 13:19

may we stay out of the E.U.? in my opinion MORDANT buggered up by running was stupid in my eyes that really buggered boris up

Margaret Pilkington 24-10-2022 15:20

Cashy, let him sort out the mess…if he can then that will be good….and at least the media are with him…regardless of what the electorate think…as I said in a previous post I do not recall giving MSM a mandate to influence government policy.

And get the hype…the pound has surged….from one dollar thirteen to almost one dollar fourteen…WOW!

Less 25-10-2022 16:44

The guy is on the ball, in his first address and not been in control 24 hrs but reckons Britain faces a Profound economic crisis, well he's probably right, look who they've put in charge?