Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2006, 04:51   #1
Senior Member+

A movement for Pro-animal testing?

i've noticed increasingly in the media there is more and more coverage painting animal testing for medical reasons in a positive light...

recently the guardian reported of a vigilante group who began to counter-act the violence agianst scientists etc it told of how people were increasingly tiring of the fact violent animal rights were usin illegal methods to intimdate people.

then the itv were doing a short story giving positive facts and figures about animal testing.

is there a clear shift now to support animal testing? what r ur views on this?
Old 24-05-2006, 06:32   #2
God Member

Re: A movement for Pro-animal testing?

As sad as it may seem, I think animal testing for certain things is necessary, although I totaly disagree with it for beauty products and things, life saving treatment it could be good for though.
The protesters against animal testing are taking things to the extream, if they want to get something done they should go about it in a democratic way, not threating the lives of shareholders and such.
Old 24-05-2006, 06:55   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
As sad as it may seem, I think animal testing for certain things is necessary, although I totaly disagree with it for beauty products and things, life saving treatment it could be good for though.
The protesters against animal testing are taking things to the extream, if they want to get something done they should go about it in a democratic way, not threating the lives of shareholders and such.
I completely echo these thoughts.
Old 24-05-2006, 06:56   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
although I totaly disagree with it for beauty products and things
I am sure you would be a little upset if your shaving foam/gel caused your skin to burn off your face because it had not been tested.
Old 24-05-2006, 11:02   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I am sure you would be a little upset if your shaving foam/gel caused your skin to burn off your face because it had not been tested.
if the badger hair shaving brush dosnt have a problem with the shaving foam does that mean its safe to use

if it was not for testing the effects of a micowave on my sons hamster i may never have known it was unsafe to climb inside a microwave and have it switched on

hammy will be missed but ime glad he went first
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2006, 11:13   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

It's safer to put hamsters in a fan oven to dry them (about 150 degrees C for 10 minutes should be ok), using a microwave dries them out too quickly.
Old 24-05-2006, 12:04   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
It's safer to put hamsters in a fan oven to dry them (about 150 degrees C for 10 minutes should be ok), using a microwave dries them out too quickly.
yeah but dont you find the exessive squeaking annoying from them because they are running around on a hot baking tray with no shoes on
Old 24-05-2006, 12:12   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I can't hear them, the fan in our oven squeaks.

I thought the only hamster testing you did involved selotape to stop them splitting
Old 24-05-2006, 12:22   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
I can't hear them, the fan in our oven squeaks.

I thought the only hamster testing you did involved selotape to stop them splitting
yes i sell them on ebay to perverts like you

Last edited by chav1; 24-05-2006 at 12:25.
Old 24-05-2006, 12:30   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
yes i sell them on ebay to perverts like you
Not me mate, we have a cat
Old 24-05-2006, 16:34   #11
Resting in peace

Some animal testing is essential. The argument that what goes for animals doesn't go for people is not a valid one - we have been replacing heart valves in humans with pig heart valves for years, and that works well. I am an animal lover, but not a sentimentalist. I believe animals are there for our use, if the boot were on the other foot they would do the same. A hungry lion is not going to be troubled by conscience if it stumbles over me.

What makes me furious is that the animal rights bunch consider that the rights of animals are more important than the rights of humans. They should be refused treatment with any drugs tested on animals if they are ill or injured - that might make them think twice.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2006, 16:53   #12
Senior Member+

i thought it was disgraceful the way those ppl dug up that granny's body just so that hamster farm wud close down. and then they didnt give it back when they did close.

i think at one time there was a real anti-testing movement but the actions of such people have really disgusted the general public to backing the other horse

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..