Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2006, 21:13   #1
Super Moderator

The Spanish Teach Us A Lesson

Interesting to see that the two men who murdered the British couple in Spain have received prison sentences of 62 years and 54 years. How long do you think they would have got if they'd committed this crime in the UK? 20, 25 years? Maybe 30 years at the most?

If Spain can do it, then why can't we?
Old 18-05-2006, 23:32   #2

Re: The Spanish Teach Us A Lesson

probably get a community service
kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 09:41   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

read a while ago the average life sentence in the u.k. is between 8- 12 years,think your being to generous with our clowns wyn.
Old 19-05-2006, 10:30   #4
Super Moderator

I probably am, mate. So why can't the government shake up the judicial system in order to introduce more draconian sentences for murderers, violent offenders and other criminals?

I was amazed to see Tony Blair the other day talking in a somewhat outraged manner about how the British judicial system had let people down. It was almost as if he had been somewhere else for the last nine years and had come back to find that someone else's government had been overseeing law and order in this country!
Old 19-05-2006, 11:56   #5
God Member

Still maintain if they paid less head to human rights the PC brigade and excuses for the person up for these crimes things would be different. If the govenment had the bottle to change things they could but they are scared of those that interfere. How do the police feel when they see all ther efforts to catch these people the courts treat them like naughty children?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 12:06   #6
Resident Waffler

Totally agree. This country needs a good shake up. If I were younger I would emmigrate.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 13:16   #7
Beacon of light

That is a really good question....wish I knew the answer.

And Willow.......I would come with you!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2006, 14:09   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

your never to old willow, but would miss you.
Old 19-05-2006, 17:36   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash
probably get a community service
What Kash such a hard sentence, got to think of their civil rights you know
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2006, 19:11   #10
Super Moderator

I knew it wouldn't be long before an example cropped up that illustrates exactly what I'm talking about. Three Asian men have been given life sentences for the murder of an innocent black man who was targeted for no other reason than the colour of his skin. However, they've been told that they will serve a minimum of 25 years. Why? Why weren't they jailed for 50-60 years like the men in Spain were? Why do we hardly ever see sentences like that in this country? Because despite the fact that the government have a popular mandate for it, they're terrified of offending the chattering classes and Hampstead Heath liberals, that's why.
Old 22-05-2006, 19:41   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
I knew it wouldn't be long before an example cropped up that illustrates exactly what I'm talking about. Three Asian men have been given life sentences for the murder of an innocent black man who was targeted for no other reason than the colour of his skin. However, they've been told that they will serve a minimum of 25 years. Why? Why weren't they jailed for 50-60 years like the men in Spain were? Why do we hardly ever see sentences like that in this country? Because despite the fact that the government have a popular mandate for it, they're terrified of offending the chattering classes and Hampstead Heath liberals, that's why.
the day the goverment whoever it happens to be -listen, to joe public i will show my buttocks to the townhall clock.
Old 22-05-2006, 19:54   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
the day the goverment whoever it happens to be -listen, to joe public i will show my buttocks to the townhall clock.
Might be a very long wait for that. If they want solid justice and they cant do a Spaniard then maybe Russian style will do.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2006, 17:15   #13
Senior Member+

we shud just use the isle of man like a huge alcatraz and lock them up there...

with killer t-rex's armed with lasers and homing missiles. not those poncy ones in jurassic park where if u stand still they're fooled.

but its a sad state of affairs when the criminals look to their punishment as something worth having for what they do in return. soo many times do drug dealers etc think its worth gettin caught cause they'll still manage to hide some of the cash, serve 5 yrs and then come to a life of relative ease. i know no one wants a prison 200 miles nr them let alone within 500 yds but if there's over crowdin then build new ones so there is that space and leniency doesnt have to b shown just to save space

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..