Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 16:23   #136
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: A Teddy Bear Called ...............

wonder what the 2 peers thought when the "STUPID" woman said she wanted to remain in Sudan and continue teaching. she's NOT wired up right.
Old 03-12-2007, 17:42   #137
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
wonder what the 2 peers thought when the "STUPID" woman said she wanted to remain in Sudan and continue teaching. she's NOT wired up right.
The term "glutton for punishment" certainly does come to mind
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 21:20   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Is she really intending to remain in Sudan, I heard some statement or other she said earlier in the day stating how sorry she was at never being able to return to the place
Old 03-12-2007, 21:24   #139
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Is she really intending to remain in Sudan, I heard some statement or other she said earlier in the day stating how sorry she was at never being able to return to the place
no shes in dubai,on her way back to the U.K. now, that was what she said to the 2 peers over the weekend, or so the media said. she cannot remain in Sudan, the deportation still stands.

Last edited by cashman; 03-12-2007 at 21:26. Reason: addition.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 21:24   #140
Resident Waffler

I think what she actually said was that she wished she could stay there and go back to work. Of course she can't.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 21:35   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I think what she actually said was that she wished she could stay there and go back to work. Of course she can't.
If she did return to Sudan it would put a new twist on the term “ Self Flagellation Think I’d hand the woman the whip myself
Old 03-12-2007, 21:58   #142
God Member

From what I can see of the Sudan, how would anyone, even after a short uneventful visit, want to go back to the place. Maybe it is not the a**hole of the world, but you can sure as hell smell it from there.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 22:10   #143
Super Moderator

This whole business has raised one point for me...over the last few days, as we've witnessed demonstrations in the streets of Khartoum, we've been told that it's all because the Sudanese despise the British. That being the case, why does the government insist on giving away millions and millions of pounds of our hard-earned money to this country? Perhaps Greg Pope could come on here and explain...but I won't hold my breath.
Old 03-12-2007, 22:26   #144
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
This whole business has raised one point for me...over the last few days, as we've witnessed demonstrations in the streets of Khartoum, we've been told that it's all because the Sudanese despise the British. That being the case, why does the government insist on giving away millions and millions of pounds of our hard-earned money to this country? Perhaps Greg Pope could come on here and explain...but I won't hold my breath.
what really made my day about this farce, on skynews sunday morning a journalist was saying, that the U.K. is the biggest contributor of aid to sudan in europe, but when the aid reached sudan, it WAS NOT disributed to the south of the country(which is christian) unless they converted to islam, what the hells going on here are we completly stupid or what? would love Greg to enlighten me on that.
Old 03-12-2007, 22:29   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Imperialism was and is worong. Any unwarrented domination of one strong people ove a weaker people is wrong. Imposing unworkable and often stupid national boundaries on traditional systems is wrong. But, having said that, one has to ask, how long must a country thro' its govt have to apologise. And it seems like the British govt., is bending over backwards (and quite often forwards) to accomodate immigrants from former Imperial territories. The Empire is gone ... and I don't think anyone really misses it ... and maybe it's time to get rid of the guilt. And it is definately time that your govt. stopped acting as if it is still the guilty party.

Just a few thoughts from the former colonies, in the middle of what looks like a nice little blizzard.
Wynonie, the only reason I can suggest as to why our Government give so much aide is ....Guilt.

Hope you dont mind me using your quote Eric
Old 03-12-2007, 23:05   #146
Super Moderator

Quote:
Wynonie, the only reason I can suggest as to why our Government give so much aide is ....Guilt.

Hope you dont mind me using your quote Eric
Fine, well, if the members of this government do feel that way, then I suggest that they deal with their guilt by getting their hands in their pockets and giving their own money to Sudan. I don't feel guilty in the slightest and I would guess that the majority of the British population feel the same way. So I would respectfully request that Gordon Brown and his gang of cohorts stop giving OUR money away to a country in the grip of primitive religious fanaticism, whose population don't even like us anyway!
Old 03-12-2007, 23:15   #147

Quote:
Fine, well, if the members of this government do feel that way, then I suggest that they deal with their guilt by getting their hands in their pockets and giving their own money to Sudan. I don't feel guilty in the slightest and I would guess that the majority of the British population feel the same way. So I would respectfully request that Gordon Brown and his gang of cohorts stop giving OUR money away to a country in the grip of primitive religious fanaticism, whose population don't even like us anyway!
Agree whole heartedly, it's sad to see infants, indeed, grown people in a state of starvation or dire medical need. Charity begins at home tho as they say.
Old 03-12-2007, 23:47   #148
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Put me down for not wanting any of the silly amount of tax I pay going to them either
Old 04-12-2007, 10:26   #149
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Agree whole heartedly, it's sad to see infants, indeed, grown people in a state of starvation or dire medical need. Charity begins at home tho as they say.
Wouldn't mind if the money was actually going to those in dire need but somehow I doubt it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:28   #150
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Wouldn't mind if the money was actually going to those in dire need but somehow I doubt it.
see post 144,willow, thats where its going.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..