Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   A Teddy Bear Called ............... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/a-teddy-bear-called-35066.html)

West Ender 26-11-2007 18:04

A Teddy Bear Called ...............

It makes you wonder, what next?

http://news.bbc.co.ukhttp://news.bbc...ca/7112929.stm

emamum 26-11-2007 18:08

Re: A Teddy Bear Called ...............

that link doesnt work..

hopefully this will??...

BBC NEWS | World | Africa | 'Muhammad' teddy teacher arrested

grego 26-11-2007 18:09

Think its really OTT.

West Ender 26-11-2007 18:10

Thanks for that, Emamum. It worked the first time - d'you think it's been sabotaged? :D

BERNADETTE 26-11-2007 18:24

Think it is absolutely disgusting. The fact that she could face the lash is beyond my comprehension. These people are like savages!!!

cashman 26-11-2007 18:26

absolutely ridiculous, the kids picked the name, and they are natives, people should think twice before going out to these places.:rolleyes:

panther 26-11-2007 18:28

what a load of B*****ks!!!

most stupidest thing i have ever heard!!!

(sorry for my french;))

Eric 26-11-2007 19:22

And then muslims who emigrate to saner parts of the world wonder why people in their adopted homes don't like them, and why they are the victims of rascism. I am starting to think that the people of Quebec have the right idea.

BERNADETTE 26-11-2007 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 498137)
And then muslims who emigrate to saner parts of the world wonder why people in their adopted homes don't like them, and why they are the victims of rascism. I am starting to think that the people of Quebec have the right idea.

How come it is always them crying racism? We are the ones being told what we can and can't say. I think there is as much if not more racism against white people!!!

Bonnyboy 26-11-2007 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 498140)
How come it is always them crying racism? We are the ones being told what we can and can't say. I think there is as much if not more racism against white people!!!

I have to aggree, there is at least as much racism levelled at white people in my opinion. Ironically for having said that, some will probably brand the quote itself as racist :(

BERNADETTE 26-11-2007 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 498143)
I have to aggree, there is at least as much racism levelled at white people in my opinion. Ironically for having said that, some will probably brand the quote itself as racist :(

Well I don't we have got to be able to voice our opinions;)

Madhatter 26-11-2007 20:39

Don't know if it's true but I've been told in the past that if you put Christmas lights up there you get arrested for it, yet we have to allow every religion free reign to do as they please, we even have divali lights in most cities and big towns now.
I asked the council to give me a grant for a nativity display to put in a shed 'stable' with a perspex type front outside our C of E church, I got knocked back, told the council can't be seen to supporting the faith. We're outsiders there and we're outsiders here now.

mallard 26-11-2007 20:47

I think its just realy daf,t with what ive just read

Bonnyboy 26-11-2007 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madhatter (Post 498168)
Don't know if it's true but I've been told in the past that if you put Christmas lights up there you get arrested for it, yet we have to allow every religion free reign to do as they please, we even have divali lights in most cities and big towns now.
I asked the council to give me a grant for a nativity display to put in a shed 'stable' with a perspex type front outside our C of E church, I got knocked back, told the council can't be seen to supporting the faith. We're outsiders there and we're outsiders here now.

You should have said that you were making a Mosque….they would have sent a Council work team round to build the display for you.

WillowTheWhisp 26-11-2007 21:26

I suppose the perceived insult is that the bear was named after the prophet, but the bear could quite easily be named after the hundreds of kids called Mohammed. Oh hang on a mo though, they are named after Mohammed aren't they?

It's a totally OTT reaction.