Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2015, 14:35   #1
Junior Member+

Accrington dog-owners

I was recently visiting my sister over Christmas, and on several occassions me and my partner had to avoid dog mess in the middle of the street. Is this how you allll behave, creating a health hazard and a disgusting mess for everyone else! Clean up after your hiunds and if yoy see it happening, report it. Or do the sensuble thing and get a cat. I've never seen a dirtier town for dog mess.
StevenWaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2015, 15:21   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Accrington dog-owners

A minority of dog owners leave she - ite over the area, they are to be condemned in exactly the same way as people on this site that group everyone together and then leave their she - ite over our site, when you have calmed down from your uneeded rant, I hope you will return and apologise to the sites responsible dog owners of which there are plenty.
cashman, Eric and maxthecollie like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 16:28   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Accrington dog-owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenWaling View Post
I was recently visiting my sister over Christmas, and on several occassions me and my partner had to avoid dog mess in the middle of the street. Is this how you allll behave, creating a health hazard and a disgusting mess for everyone else! Clean up after your hiunds and if yoy see it happening, report it. Or do the sensuble thing and get a cat. I've never seen a dirtier town for dog mess.
Please can someone translate that into English for me, my Babelfish can even understand Scouse but gave up on that
Less and maxthecollie like this.
Old 03-01-2015, 16:57   #4
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
hiunds
Must be part of the Posh lot! Hiunds? I say old chap, let the Hiunds loose on the peasantry what, such a jolly spiffing wheeze ya!

Most of us have hounds, dogs & mutts mate, & the majority bag up after them too, so wind yer neck in a bit or you'll give yourself a thrommy.

And on top of that, what were you doing in the middle of the street you loon? You've more chance of getting run over that way, stick to the pavements.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 03-01-2015 at 17:01.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 17:00   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Clean up after your hiunds and if yoy see it happening, report it. Or do the sensuble thing and get a cat. I've never seen a dirtier town for dog mess.
Yeah right Steven "get a cat"
Another ship machine that dumps off piste in other peoples gardens and plant pots. Sensible? Nay nay thrice times nay.
Less and Sunflower49 like this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 17:05   #6

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Please can someone translate that into English for me, my Babelfish can even understand Scouse but gave up on that
Seems pretty straightforward to me??

'coming home from the dog racing, driving down the middle of the road in my Hyundai, a yoyo rolled out in front of me causing a hazard to my health, and me and my partner had to avoid it. I could have had a disgusting mess to clean off my car. If anyone saw it, can they report it to my sister before next Christmas so she can hit some sense into me with a nine tailed whip.'
Eric and Accyexplorer like this.
Old 03-01-2015, 17:29   #7

I wonder, when his sister finishes her wave of goodbye, tells him to be careful as he meanders down the middle of the road, then she closes the door relieved to remove the false smile she had to force onto her face from the start to the finish of the visit, does she then collapse onto the settee and exclaim to the loved ones that also had to suffer her siblings presence, "Well thank Fook that's over with!"
At which her spouse dashes over wipes her brow and say's, "Yes my love, but brace yourself, he plans to be back next Christmas".
Old 03-01-2015, 17:44   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Yeah right Steven "get a cat"
Maybe he meant this kind of cat:

Come to think of it ... this would be a great way to solve parking problems on Blackburn Rd.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 20:25   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
I wish you could spell correctly and be before coming on here and tarring all responsible dog owners with the same brush.
Sunflower49 likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 20:40   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
I wish you could spell correctly and be before coming on here and tarring all responsible dog owners with the same brush.
Just to be a tad, well critical, responsible dog owners don't leave the turds in the middle of the street, however, I suspect you may have meant,

how dare you for coming on here trying to tar all dog owners with the same brush?

Even though it's years since a dog was my companion, I don't think the responsible need a white line walker telling them what to do.
maxthecollie likes this.

Last edited by Less; 03-01-2015 at 20:42.
Old 03-01-2015, 20:53   #11
Full Member+

You think dog toyds are the main thing to worry about?

I travelled along Blackburn Road on the lead up to Christmas and not content with taking the scrap, the travellers have had it away with all the houses around Lonsdale Street and beyond. Where have all those peasants been transported to, Australia?

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 00:21   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
You think dog toyds are the main thing to worry about?

I travelled along Blackburn Road on the lead up to Christmas and not content with taking the scrap, the travellers have had it away with all the houses around Lonsdale Street and beyond. Where have all those peasants been transported to, Australia?

Not all of us were transported here,some of us came of our own free will.
By the way are the changing of the traffic lights in MORECAMBE still the main attraction,not to mention the dead people in the bus shelters.
south aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:54   #13
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by south aussie View Post
Not all of us were transported here,some of us came of our own free will.
By the way are the changing of the traffic lights in MORECAMBE still the main attraction,not to mention the dead people in the bus shelters.
Not all Australians are idiots, I met one once who could nearly tie his shoe laces.

With regard to Morecambe, how dare you say we leave our dead in bus shelters. Environmental health no longer allow that and insist that the dead people are moved within 48 hours due to the spread of diseases. As for the traffic lights, they were stolen ages ago along with the railings on the sea front, The Broadway Hotel and The Elms Hotel. The rest was washed away in the great storm of 2013.

I dare say that history will prove that we treat our locals a lot better that the Australians have treated theirs over the years.
cashman likes this.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:19   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
On behalf of 'all' Accrington's responsible dog owner's......
maxthecollie likes this.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:44   #15
Beacon of light

Quote:
You asked if this is how we all behave....quite clearly from the responses you have received it isn't.
There are many many dog owners who are responsible and pick up their dogs' mess........your sister must live in a neighbourhood where there are a disproportionate number of irresponsible owners....maybe she should move....just to make you happy.
maxthecollie likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..