Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2003, 14:40   #136

Post Re: Adi

Make sure you introduce yourself to me on Sunday lad, I wont me hard to miss I will be the one with the crutches, lol
Old 27-10-2003, 14:45   #137
adi

lol - i will do, bet you wish you could play?

we just want to play the Griffins Head again, because they think they are a very good side but we reckon we can do them on their pitch, especially with our pace upfront.
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2003, 06:49   #138

No pace at the back though. especially number 5, lol

Make sure we keep our manager away from your subs this week, otherwise world war 3 on the cards lol
Old 28-10-2003, 06:53   #139
adi

lol - especially as so much is at stake!!!

seriously though it'll be fine, the was no problems last time really just a bit of the verbal exchanges.

im actually looking forward to the game, especially as im working Saturday so I cant play that day.
Old 30-10-2003, 07:05   #140
adi

hi Ruud.

well ive spoken to most of our lads and we have around four players missing through work commitments but we should have an OK side out.

cant wait for the game to come though..................................see you later.
Old 30-10-2003, 08:06   #141

Yeah looking forward to it, spoke to our manager last night about yourselves and griffin, saying this game on sunday is a must win seeing you beat us last time, and he even said he thinks you are a better side than griffin, hows that for a compliment
Old 30-10-2003, 09:28   #142
adi

yeah - that is a compliment.

although he's going to have your lads well fired up against us - so it could work the other way!!

unfortunately it's a must win game for us aswell, cos to be honest we still think that we can beat the Griffin and you'll beat the Griffin which gives us a chance of winning the League!!
Old 30-10-2003, 09:52   #143

No because if we beat you and griffin, and you beat griffin then we will finnish top, as we are second at mo
Old 30-10-2003, 12:14   #144
adi

third actually - I take it you haven't seen the Telegraph this Tuesday?!?

anyway it's pointless talking about Championship's till after Sunday's game - I think it helps us that we only need a draw though.

cos the Rules for promotion in the Memorial League is that if teams are level on points then their Head to Head record comes into play not Goal Difference.
Old 30-10-2003, 12:28   #145

Yeah I know that so we need to win by a minimum 5 - 0, the table is a mirage for you as we should not be 3rd and you know that ;D
Old 30-10-2003, 12:46   #146
adi

True but we shouldn't be second either - we should be top as we lost to the Dog Inn on the Opening Day with around 9 players out!!

Cant wait for Sunday Mate - cant wait!! Dont think you'll beat us by 5 clear goals which ever way the game goes

;D
Old 30-10-2003, 12:54   #147

No going to big up the game this week as it seriously backfired on me last time, put a beer ban on all players this Saturday, noly thing I can laugh at moment is BRFC
Old 30-10-2003, 13:44   #148
adi

that's harsh mate - very harsh!!!

i agree with not bigging up the game for Sunday, so we'll leave it and hopefully the best team wins on the day - although a beer ban on Saturday Night is taking it a bit too far, i mean after all, its Sunday Football!!!
Old 30-10-2003, 14:04   #149

Yeah, but last time half them couldnt stand up two were sick before game and one during
Old 30-10-2003, 14:27   #150
adi

yeah but that was circumstances.

i mean England had just qualified for the Euro Championships - everybody was hungover.

i was out in Accy with half our side and bumped into Nigel Tomlinson, Neil Gudgeon and Alex Egan!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..