Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2014, 17:09   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Animals killed for training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well, BG you've just knackered your chances of the creep thanking you for your input.
Still not to worry, you are only one of the few 'AccyWebbers', that it thought needed to be asked, pity it didn't like the answers.
Please explain how I'm a creep less?
If you must know I do appreciate BG's views (even if I don't agree fully)....

It's your comments I find hard to digest

image.jpg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2014, 17:10   #47
Beacon of light

Eric, I also like pigs. I like most animals. I certainly would not condone cruel practices.
But the fact is skills need to be developed. Skills that might determine whether some soldier lives or dies.
God alone knows why this practice is outlawed in this country.....but there are perhaps many things that ought to be outlawed here but are not.
There are many moral values which have gone to the wall....that leave society poorer.
There are some things in life which are unpalatable......people will buy cheap eggs from battery raised chickens. They will never give a thought to whether their breakfast came from an ethical source.

If you are vegan or vegetarian who never uses products from animals then I can see why you would have a problem with this practice.
But soldiers and the saving of their lives trump pigs every time.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 17:20   #48
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Animals killed for training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Please explain how I'm a creep less?

If you must know I do appreciate BG's views (even if I don't agree fully)....

It's your comments I find hard to digest

Just the way you are it seems natural to you.

As for my comments being difficult to digest, I certainly don't mind that, I have already mentioned where I thought you could improve, you've proved me wrong you neither can nor wish to improve.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 18:13   #49
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

You're patrolling some backwater unfriendly village, one of your guys trips an IED & you come under sustained fire by armed insurgents! They blaze away then disappear, you've got 1 definite casualty your mate lying there pumping his life blood into the ground from where his legs used to be, your guys bang on a tourniquet then cover his stumps with field dressings, while trying to plug the other deep penetration wounds,

Then you see you've got 2 other guys down, gunshot wounds! Your "Medic" knows these guys are more serious though less obviously wounded, the bullet goes in leaving a pencil size hole & punches out a fist sized hole through the exit wound! The other guy is grunting, pale but all you can see is the entry wound nothing has come out the other side, the lads Haemorrhaging badly, if you panic & don't know what to do you lose the guy! But you've seen this before, the pig that was shot to train you how, you've got this covered.

This boy's going to be fine because your training kicks in & what seemed excessive in far away Denmark in classroom conditions pays dividends in the field.

And that, is why I don't have an issue with this training.
Old 03-03-2014, 18:28   #50
JFT96

Voice of sanity Dave

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 18:49   #51
God Member

Quote:
Morning folks,
Well I must say I'm pretty shocked at the responses so far.
I understand they use pigs because their physiology is similar to ours,why not use dead ones?
same reason why i dont sleep with dead women

they work better when their blood is been pumped around their body

if they practiced on dead pigs they would only be fit for treating dead soldiers which kinda defeats the idea of a medic lol

i suppose at a push they could put dead pigs on life support perhasps ?
Boeing Guy likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 18:49   #52
Senior Member+

OLIVER STONE EXPOSES HORRIFIC MILITARY TRAINING.

WARNING SOME VIEWERS MAY FIND THIS DISTURBING.

Read some of the comments while there

password--Accyweb
Old 03-03-2014, 18:54   #53
God Member

that video is shocking

ready steady cook has gone down hill somewhat

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 19:13   #54
Beacon of light

Quote:

This is very different to what is going on in Denmark.

The animals used are humanely anaesthetised before any practice is done.
You post something like this which is not at all similar. In that sense you are provoking a controversy.
You link the two situations as if they are the same.......and while PETA do some excellent work, they are in the business to shock.
The video is done for the maximum shock impact. I am not saying that it doesn't happen because I haven't got enough knowledge about what happens across the pond.

As I previously said in another post. I do not condone cruelty to animals, but humans trump animals when it comes to providing for care in life or death situations. You have to have been in those situations in some shape or form to understand them.
Killing pigs is unpleasant...but watching a person die because you haven't got the skills/equipment to save them, lives with you every day of your life.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 03-03-2014 at 19:16.
Old 03-03-2014, 19:16   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its a deliberate attempt to do just that.
Less and Boeing Guy like this.
Old 03-03-2014, 19:26   #56

Quote:

You asked why I called you creep? Then you give a fine example, in a sad attempt to prove yourself correct you link to something that isn't being discussed and you do it after Dave in Germany gave a very good scenario of why it needs to be done, to save human lives.

Wave your magic wand, stop wars, then this training won't be needed.
Until then, support our troops they deserve the best when they are out there.
Old 03-03-2014, 19:31   #57
Beacon of light

Accyexplorer, You obviously believe what you are saying to be true....that this situation is a controversy...that it is wrong, that there is no justification for animals to be used in this way(however humanely they are treated).
I would say to you, that even when you have a stong belief, it doesn't make it fact.
I think your posting of the Oliver Stone/Peta sanctioned video is flawed in promoting your conviction in your belief.
Peta are biased(in favour of animals).....so they are not reliable independent reporters.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 03-03-2014, 20:01   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
This is very different to what is going on in Denmark.

The animals used are humanely anaesthetised before any practice is done.
You post something like this which is not at all similar. In that sense you are provoking a controversy.
You link the two situations as if they are the same.......and while PETA do some excellent work, they are in the business to shock.
The video is done for the maximum shock impact. I am not saying that it doesn't happen because I haven't got enough knowledge about what happens across the pond.

As I previously said in another post. I do not condone cruelty to animals, but humans trump animals when it comes to providing for care in life or death situations. You have to have been in those situations in some shape or form to understand them.
Killing pigs is unpleasant...but watching a person die because you haven't got the skills/equipment to save them, lives with you every day of your life.
I agree it is made for the shock effect,and it does it's job well IMHO.But I bet it's not that far from what is happening in Denmark.

password--Accyweb
Old 03-03-2014, 20:12   #59

Quote:
I agree it is made for the shock effect,and it does it's job well IMHO.But I bet it's not that far from what is happening in Denmark.

Allow me to make a suggestion.

When you wander through dangerous empty buildings if you are ever unfortunate enough to have an accident that needs a paramedic to attend to your needs, do not allow him to help you unless you make sure he isn't ex army. It would be hypocritical of you to be saved by someone that has been on this course, after all you are no better than a pig, are you?
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 03-03-2014, 21:04   #60
Beacon of light

Quote:
No, I don't believe it is anything like the video....but as I have said before believing doesn't make it fact.

The video you have posted weakens your argument(well, it certainly doesn't strengthen it) because it is not independent. It is filmed by an organisation which has its own agenda...it could have been edited, it could have been faked to make the maximum mileage out of the shock tactics it uses.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..