Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By accyman
  • 1 Post By accyman
  • 1 Post By Lucysgirl

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2014, 10:57   #1

Overgrown trees

Would anyone know who to contact regarding overgrown trees?
The trees in question are on land belonging to Caligen/Vitafoam whom I have been in correspondence with on roughly a monthly basis since March to get them lopped. They say they need permission from HBC as there is a protection order on them. The last time I spoke to them (two weeks ago) they still hadn't contacted the council. We need them lopping as they stop daylight coming in, we have to have lights on all day even in summer!
Would Graham Jones be able to do anything do you think? If so, what is his email addy?
Cheers
JB

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-11-2014, 16:51   #2
God Member

Re: Overgrown trees

id ring the main number and ask who do i speak to about getting some trees trimmed down

i dont recomend the same for bushes i think thats out of the councils hands and you may need to speak to the brazilian government regarding trimming
DaveinGermany likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 17:00   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

It's the responsibility of the land owner who you have said is Caligen/Vitafoam. If there is a protection order on them, which might be their excuse, they will have to apply for planning permission. I had to do it when I needed to cut mine down in a conservation area. The planning form is easy enough to fill in online and for trees there was no cost for me. Might be a charge for a business I don't know.
If you go to this link on HBC's website it shows all the tree preservation orders (TPO's) in Hyndburn so you can check if they are right. Is the area in a conservation area? If it is trees are about the only thing that applies in Hyndburn as they have never set the conservation areas up fully - they never applied an article 4 direction to remove permitted development rights making conservation areas almost useless.

Case File
Old 08-11-2014, 17:03   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Thinking about it if the trees overhang the highway it might be down to LCC
Old 09-11-2014, 15:31   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Re: Overgrown trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Thinking about it if the trees overhang the highway it might be down to LCC
Or tall wagons?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 16:46   #6

Do the trees carry malaria? Or do they have an important role to play in keeping Ed Miliband as Labour leader?

If so, Graham is your man. If not, stick to the Council, preferably through your local councillor.
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 18:14   #7
God Member

When I suffered a severe allergic reaction to silver birch pollen in 2013, I had to discover who was responsible for trees.

Trees in roadside verges are the responsiblity of LCC, but those not so placed are the responsiblty of the landowner.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 21:17   #8
God Member

just cut them down

the worst the council will do is remove some benches to stop you doing it again
jelly baby likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 09-11-2014, 21:18   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyndburner View Post
Do the trees carry malaria? Or do they have an important role to play in keeping Ed Miliband as Labour leader?

If so, Graham is your man. If not, stick to the Council, preferably through your local councillor.
the trees are casting a nasty shadow over manhole covers so there may be an interest in there

Old 10-11-2014, 01:23   #10

I've successfully had a neighbour take down a new structure by citing my
“Ancient Light” rights which basically meant that I enjoyed the daylight coming through my windows for many years until you built your structure.

Unfortunately, Ancient Light Rights don't appear to cover trees and won't be considered, excepting the matter will be considered if you need to have your electric lights on during the day. As described on this Gateshead Council's website:-

https://www.gateshead.gov.uk/Environment%20and%20Waste/Trees.aspx

There's an online booklet which explains Tree Preservation Orders and outlines the action needed when submitting a request - see pages 14 and 15.

https://www.kirklees.gov.uk/business...with_trees.pdf

jelly baby likes this.
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..