Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2009, 15:59   #1
God Member

anyone know how to get in touch with teh bin men over teh holidays

yet again hyndburns finest have done a half arsed job of collecting teh bins and neglected to empty some peoples yet done the rest of teh streets bins

you cant ring up because teh council offices are closed until january teh 4th but rest assured they will be around sharpish with threats of fines for binbags put outside

so if anyone knows the number of the bin waggon yard so we can ring up and bend their ear it would be appreciated

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-12-2009, 16:01   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: anyone know how to get in touch with teh bin men over teh holidays

Mine was supposed to be emptied today, but I've never heard the wagon, so think they've missed us too.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 16:03   #3
God Member

Probably because they know tehy can do a half arsed job because theres no one to ring up and complain to

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 28-12-2009, 16:23   #4
God Member

The cardboard collection didn't happen for me last Tuesday.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 16:35   #5
God Member

well luckily i just had a thought that i have a green wheelie bin as well so im gonna fill that rather than have to leave out extra binbags for other peoples filthy pets to rip apart for the next week until the council reopen

pitty anyone whos stuck without the extra green bin though especially at xmas time when you would expect more than any other time of the year for the council to get it right

it is good to know though that when you do ring teh council 388111 they have provided a recorded message which covers all really important issues liek how to recycle xmas cards and where you can pay youir council tax bill while they are shut

Old 28-12-2009, 16:52   #6
Give, give, give member

No, just checked and my wheelie bin, or anyone elses around here, hasn't been emptied.

Rather makes a mockery of the details regarding collections the council placed in the press, which clearly stated today's would be a normal collection.

Perhaps it's because of the extreme weather...as it was a little misty first thing this morning.

Old 28-12-2009, 16:59   #7
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device

We should have had the recycling collection last thursday, but didn't turn up
buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 17:01   #8
God Member

nah just laziness they emptied most of the bins on my street i bet they get to finish early either because its xmas period or simply because theres no one to check on them so they do a rush job and either miss the odd bin or skip entire streets.We live in the same vacinity and have the same pickup day yet they managed to do bins near me yet skipped your street

seems somone was in a rush rather than couldnt get to us but i agree that slight mist could prove difficult for a big heavy bin waggon to navigate lol

Old 28-12-2009, 17:02   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
well luckily i just had a thought that i have a green wheelie bin as well so im gonna fill that rather than have to leave out extra binbags for other peoples filthy pets to rip apart for the next week until the council reopen

pitty anyone whos stuck without the extra green bin though especially at xmas time when you would expect more than any other time of the year for the council to get it right

it is good to know though that when you do ring teh council 388111 they have provided a recorded message which covers all really important issues liek how to recycle xmas cards and where you can pay youir council tax bill while they are shut
You need a calendar.

A calendar with all the names and addresses of your councillors on it.

Perhaps there's the address of an emergency tip up the New Lane area, over the holiday period.

Old 28-12-2009, 17:03   #10
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Miserable moaners the lot of you, my bin hasn't been emptied in ages, but that's because I'm never up in time!

Even the Bin-men deserve time off, though it might just be they've been doing double shift's gritting the roads just for your benefit!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 17:05   #11
God Member

i betthey didnt forget his bin lol

Old 28-12-2009, 17:06   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Miserable moaners the lot of you, my bin hasn't been emptied in ages, but that's because I'm never up in time!

Even the Bin-men deserve time off, though it might just be they've been doing double shift's gritting the roads just for your benefit!
Quite right they deserve time off, but then again we were informed by the council that they'd be working normally today, no mention off any holiday.

Old 28-12-2009, 17:09   #13
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i betthey didnt forget his bin lol
If you do take advantage of the emergenct tip, please don't forget to recycle.

Normal household waste in the empty wheelie bin, everything to be recycled to go through the letter box.

Old 28-12-2009, 17:15   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

totaly different department and i bet those working extra are getting paid very well for working extra shifts infact you wouldnt realise they had even worked half a shift yet alone double shifts with teh poor amount of areas that actually got a dose of grit when it was needed

also if you take a job that sates you work over xmas then you do it just like teh police and other services have to.

yes i am a miserable ****** lol but seen as they can fine you £1000 for littering if you put rubbish out early or because your bin is full you cant really blame people for expecting rubbish to be collected when they say it will be

Old 29-12-2009, 09:37   #15
Resting in Peace

Re: anyone know how to get in touch with the bin men over the holidays

[quote=garinda;772931]No, just checked and my wheelie bin, or anyone else's around here, hasn't been emptied.

Rather makes a mockery of the details regarding collections the council placed in the press, which clearly stated today's would be a normal collection.

Perhaps it's because of the extreme weather...as it was a little misty first thing this morning.[/quot
miss quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..