Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2009, 22:13   #286
Senior Member+

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
There was me thinking Labour councillors could not stoop any lower! Perhaps the real problem is that even if people wanted somebody else in charge, there's nobody else capable. Better the devil you know.
Your point is... that's just ranting Andrew because no-one is better informed. What Claytonender said was Tories spent 650K of our money on a website and abandoned it. Are you in denial about this?
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2009, 22:19   #287
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Yes, he is very slimy. I still think it's wrong. I would apologise if I had inferred something that was incorrect. Clearly Graham does not have the bottle.
If it is found that PB did not tip you off then of course I apologise for inferring insider connections. However HOW did you know to target those years. Labour Councillors did not know. How come you picked on the only two allowances I have had? Funny? Doing things behind the scenes causes deep suspicion of your motives.

Are you going to publish this table? I know the outcome will be very very embarrassing for the Tories.

Slimy? How. I reproduced a article from the DT and LT that you didn't like?

still waiting.................. (like Cashman) It was a simple question. If your local Tories are SO GOOD. Telling us all the BEST thing they have done in a decade should be an easy question. LETS BE POSITIVE ANDREW!

waiting..................

Last edited by g jones; 14-02-2009 at 22:22.
Old 14-02-2009, 22:19   #288
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Your point is... that's just ranting Andrew because no-one is better informed. What Claytonender said was Tories spent 650K of our money on a website and abandoned it. Are you in denial about this?

Silence is deafening. All that money spent when it could quite easily have been done in house anyway

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 22:20   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the root cause can.
I agree completely with you.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 22:25   #290

I feel people should look at the bigger picture in politics like whos in government Graham cheers for your apology to Andrew very admirable.
Old 14-02-2009, 22:27   #291
Caz
God Member

Quote:
I feel people should look at the bigger picture in politics
Politics starts at the grass roots, like knowing who your local ward councillor is...

- Oscar Wilde
Old 14-02-2009, 22:29   #292
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
Silence is deafening. All that money spent when it could quite easily have been done in house anyway
Caz.. it doesn't end there

Council tax up again - 7% this year!
Allowances up
£400k lost on Leisure Trust (we guarantee £300k) - £250k 2007, 250k 2006
£200k lost every year on Concessionary fares since 2006 - (Could be more!)
up to £100k lost on Concessionary Fares since 1998
650k lost on a website...

those are just the big ticket items
Name change abandoned
Gt Harwood Town Council abandoned
Merger with Ribble Valley abandoned

Leisure privatised chaos.
Regeneration privatised, then brought back in then run by Blackburn

Labour kicked off 6 committees - great at democracy too...

Its very frustrating.. Well (maybe I should think) it's only my money so it doesn't matter LOL!!

Last edited by g jones; 14-02-2009 at 22:32.
Old 14-02-2009, 22:29   #293

So what is the bigger picture in government then Turkishdelight.

Surely it is important for the government to invest money in Hyndburn and it would appear that the only government who will do that is a LABOUR government. If you know that a Tory government would invest in Hyndburn please can you tell us, how much extra money they would invest.

Last edited by claytonender; 14-02-2009 at 22:33.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 22:34   #294
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i would assume the reason would be her son, right or wrong thats what i think, as n aside me late mum in law, who i loved to bits, voted conservative fer the first time cos a woman was standing, in fairness after witnessing the devastation caused by that woman,reverted back to labour. could be a moral there somewhere,who knows?
Old 14-02-2009, 22:35   #295

Quote:
Politics starts at the grass roots, like knowing who your local ward councillor is...
I bet you know who your ward councillors are Caz.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 22:38   #296
Caz
God Member

Yes I do!

Nick Collingeridge(?)Independant

Janet Storey Conservative.

PS, only been here 2 months lol!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 14-02-2009, 22:44   #297
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes I do!

Nick Collingeridge(?)Independant

Janet Storey Conservative.

PS, only been here 2 months lol!
Con-dependent - Votes against Labour EVERY time. Admits to making deals with Britcliffe. Hasn't the balls to tell his electorate though.

I want to out his views and voting so people can see through all the bull. He tells the Tories he will deall with us unless. We don't do back door (under the table) politics. Told him so and if he carries on I'll go public to say we will never work with underhand people.

Hopefully the power hungry Tories will drop their deals with him (to stop him supporting us) and he can do what other opposition Councillors have to do. Fight the best they can for crumbs from the Emperors table.
Old 14-02-2009, 22:47   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
So what is the bigger picture in government then Turkishdelight.

Surely it is important for the government to invest money in Hyndburn and it would appear that the only government who will do that is a LABOUR government. If you know that a Tory government would invest in Hyndburn please can you tell us, how much extra money they would invest.
Although i admit not to being an expert on politics i will try to answer your question as honestly as i am able firstly the state of the N.H.S. the economic crisis, crime rates all the cut backs people have never been so dissatisfied with a labour government i believe after voting labour all my life its time for change and really have confidence in DAVID CAMERON as do many others.
Old 14-02-2009, 22:52   #299
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Although i admit not to being an expert on politics i will try to answer your question as honestly as i am able firstly the state of the N.H.S. the economic crisis, crime rates all the cut backs people have never been so dissatisfied with a labour government i believe after voting labour all my life its time for change and really have confidence in DAVID CAMERON as do many others.
And 13 years of a conservative government did what for the NHS and the crime rates?

The economic issue is global, or hadn't you noticed?

- Oscar Wilde
Old 14-02-2009, 22:52   #300
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
read the ceefax page 124 thread,they never change.

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..