Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2009, 20:34   #256
God Member

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Maybe she is not concerned about the terrible problems in the borough that are being ignored by the current controlling group on Hyndburn borough council, or the money that is being spent in certain areas, just to secure votes. She probably think the money wasted on the failed website is ok. Also the officer's time and the money wasted on 'hare brained' schemes, when they should have been trying to attract new investment into the borough.

Posted via Mobile Device
Come on councillor, thats your job?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2009, 20:36   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
okay i feel for some reason your trying to have a go at me what harm have i caused you Andrew is more than capable of defending himself if need be and so am i at the end of the day im a good mum and also an individual person who has a right to speak and have an opinion even if im not that into local politics im too busy working to go to meetings in the evenings maybe if i get the chance i will try to attend one. i am behind my son 100per cent in his education and always have been we all have are own field of expertise and unfortunately mine is not politics although i could become interested. forgive me if im wrong but you appear to feel bitter towards me i dont understand.
Whilst I appreciate that you are defending Andrew, and no one is suggesting you are a bad person, but by posting in this thread you have to be prepared to stand your corner. A

Posted via Mobile Device
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 20:39   #258
Caz
God Member

Quote:
There was me thinking Labour councillors could not stoop any lower! Perhaps the real problem is that even if people wanted somebody else in charge, there's nobody else capable. Better the devil you know.
Come on andrew, it's not just the councillors, it's the general public, the readers on Accyweb, democracy and all that!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 20:39   #259
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the detail is in WHY? did ya need this information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Don't really see a need to explain why I did something I am perfectly entitled to. If you are suggesting I am mud flinging, well there has to be mud to fling. If you want just an unbridled attack on somebody's character, without an ounce of truth, just go to the first post of this thread which councillor Jones decided to make about a member of the public, using a law to request information on the spending of public money, which his government introduced.
Quote:
Yes, he is very slimy. I still think it's wrong. I would apologise if I had inferred something that was incorrect. Clearly Graham does not have the bottle.

Not worth it.
Quote:
Garinda thats because its hilarious. It's hilarious that me picking the last full financial year, as you know the 2008/2009 one doesn't end until April. If I'd have requested this in April, I'd have requested 2008/2009. That's why its funny, because its by sheer chance that this has caused such turmoil.

I requested it because I'm doing a lot of research on our council as part of my university degree. It is just part of my research, but thus far the rest of it has been available without using freedom of information.
glad to see you eventually answered my question. the reason i asked is simple, YES you are perfectly entitled to ask fer the information, but to quote you,the devil is in the detail, but by not answering, people being people are likely to form their own conclusion, that IMHO would not do you any good at all, i was begining to think ya were to dumb to see it. glad ya aint. ya still got a lot to learn about real life, hope ya get yer degree.
Old 14-02-2009, 20:39   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Don't think anyone feels bitter towards you.
okay cheers for that
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 20:41   #261
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Whilst I appreciate that you are defending Andrew, and no one is suggesting you are a bad person, but by posting in this thread you have to be prepared to stand your corner. A
Exactly

And if you declare you are an apathetic constituent, then you deserve all the flack coming! Especially when you complain.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 20:44   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Come on councillor, thats your job?

Yes I do agree it's my job. But it is very difficult fighting for what you beleive is right when you are a position where you have both hands tied behind your back (metaphorically of course). Especially when you are opposing someone who twists what is said and is economical with the truth at meetings and in print.
Posted via Mobile Device
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2009, 20:46   #263

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device
Cheers for that comment i wasnt defending Andrew just agreeing with him this councillor got it wrong and i obviously knew that but hey im not having a go at him either i wont jugde him i dont know him., i was simply stateing a fact.
Old 14-02-2009, 20:48   #264
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

doubt very much if anyones bitter to ya toryboys mum, ya just jumped in wi both feet to a very spicey thread.
Old 14-02-2009, 20:49   #265
God Member

Quote:
Yes I do agree it's my job. But it is very difficult fighting for what you beleive is right when you are a position where you have both hands tied behind your back (metaphorically of course). Especially when you are opposing someone who twists what is said and is economical with the truth at meetings and in print.
Posted via Mobile Device
Did someone mention Lord M? What comes around goes around I am afraid.

Old 14-02-2009, 20:50   #266
God Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Like when Labour mislead and twist saying the council tax is the most expensive? Like when they try and kick up a fuss on here for members of the public requesting legitimate information?

All the same. No wonder people are so apathetic. They really do not have an alternative if they wanted to vote for one.
Old 14-02-2009, 20:52   #267
God Member

Quote:
doubt very much if anyones bitter to ya toryboys mum, ya just jumped in wi both feet to a very spicey thread.
Dont think so Cashy....your Mum would have done the same had she been computer literate?

Old 14-02-2009, 20:54   #268

Quote:
i know that well good job i dont take it too much to heart its interesting though.
Old 14-02-2009, 20:59   #269

I will probably get some comments for this but honestly i havent come across any labour supporters im surprised there are still out there really i am and i used to be one every one i know has changed there vote from labour to tory and believe me i know a lot of people
Old 14-02-2009, 21:00   #270
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Dont think so Cashy....your Mum would have done the same had she been computer literate?
ya gotta be kidding. ya got no idea what the score was there mate.

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..