Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2009, 08:16   #1006
God Member

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Er...so, let's see if we've got this riight.

The Daily Telegraph newspaper, which ran the story in the first instance, published the article that stated that Hyndbrurn had the most expensive Council Tax in in the county, and hadn't arrived at that findings by working it out incorrectly?

Which meant what they printed was all perfectly true, and therefore not libellous.

Which was therefore the reason you neither suedthem, nor launched a campaign against this most of conservative of newspapers, branding them as liars, and making yourself a cause célèbre, and someone prepared to publicly take on injustice and lies?

All as clear as mud.

As long as the mud is made up of something you'd rather not see as being mud...or even acknowledge that mud sticks.

It's all so 'complex', if you're a bit dim, like myself.
There's quite a difference between working things out wrong and misleading the people of Hyndburn. If you want to play a populist game and just continue screaming 'BUT THE NEWSPAPER SAID SO SIR!!!!' in the face of overwhelming information to the contrary, then continue. I thought better of you. I'd have thought when another source was published in front of you, of how the figures were calculated, you'd realise it's nonsense that we have the most expensive council tax.

Well seems you have no idea where to stand, since you flip flopped into saying we don't have the most expensive council tax this year, yet if you worked it out the way the papers did last year, you'd come to the same conclusion as last year. Make your mind up.

You're just backed into a corner of supporting Graham because you think Britcliffe has wasted money on other projects. I suppose the good thing about being truly independent is the ability to praise when something good is done, like low council tax, this year and last, far below the national average increase over the last 10 years. Never mind though, go and hide in your newspaper headlines, I'm sure its comforting, if totally blinkered.
Old 23-02-2009, 08:18   #1007
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
Can someone tell me why has this gone on to the council tax ... and another one ... have a look at these two links ... and tell me who has the most expensive council tax ....

Council Tax Annual charges - Annual Charges 2008/2009

Rossendale Borough Council - Council Tax Valuations and Bandings
That would make Hyndburn cheaper shillelagh. Don't let the councillors here see that, they'll think there's witchcraft about! It disturbs their screams that Hyndburn Council tax is the largest in the whole country.
Old 23-02-2009, 08:20   #1008

TRULY INDEPENDANT. bloody hell Andrew, if you're independant I dread to think what a true tory is like, you're bluer than Maggie !!!!
ClarePritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 08:25   #1009
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
There's quite a difference between working things out wrong and misleading the people of Hyndburn. If you want to play a populist game and just continue screaming 'BUT THE NEWSPAPER SAID SO SIR!!!!' in the face of overwhelming information to the contrary, then continue. I thought better of you. I'd have thought when another source was published in front of you, of how the figures were calculated, you'd realise it's nonsense that we have the most expensive council tax.

Well seems you have no idea where to stand, since you flip flopped into saying we don't have the most expensive council tax this year, yet if you worked it out the way the papers did last year, you'd come to the same conclusion as last year. Make your mind up.

You're just backed into a corner of supporting Graham because you think Britcliffe has wasted money on other projects. I suppose the good thing about being truly independent is the ability to praise when something good is done, like low council tax, this year and last, far below the national average increase over the last 10 years. Never mind though, go and hide in your newspaper headlines, I'm sure its comforting, if totally blinkered.
Could you perhaps carry this on in the appropriate thread, seeing there is one on this subject, before it's reported by a moderator for thread wandering?

This thread is about councillor's expenses, and the subsequent use of the Freedom of Information Act being used, to hopefully find counter evidence to excuse the appallingly arrogant actions of the Conservative councillors on H.B.C., when they voted to award themselves massively increased allowances, against the advice of an independent body.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 08:26   #1010
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarePritchard View Post
TRULY INDEPENDANT. bloody hell Andrew, if you're independant I dread to think what a true tory is like, you're bluer than Maggie !!!!
I never said I was. Perhaps if you came on the forums a little more when there wasn't a a political agenda to push, you'd get the running joke.
Old 23-02-2009, 08:34   #1011
God Member

Quote:
Could you perhaps carry this on in the appropriate thread, seeing there is one on this subject, before it's reported by a moderator for thread wandering?

This thread is about the subsequent use of the Freedom of Information Act being used by a member of the forum, a member of the public, and importantly a Conservative, so that labour can once again try and trip the local Conservatives up.
Better. There's already a thread for you to post in about councillors voting on expenses.
Old 23-02-2009, 08:35   #1012
Give, give, give member

Quote:

In the past I've managed to hold my own quite easily, discussing both local and national government with former Prime Ministers, and a very pleasant and enlightening evening that was too.

When it comes to having the complexities of local government explained by the local party gopher, I'm afraid your explanations produce more laughter than enlightenment.

Old 23-02-2009, 08:38   #1013
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Better. There's already a thread for you to post in about councillors voting on expenses.
Those two subject are interlinked.

The shocking allowance increases, and the subsequent scramble for some sort of defence.

The subject you keep reminding everyone of is another matter entirely.

Old 23-02-2009, 08:41   #1014
Give, give, give member

Quote:
you'd get the running joke.
Don't put yourself down.

No one on here has ever accused you of running.

Old 23-02-2009, 08:52   #1015
God Member

Quote:
Those two subject are interlinked.

The shocking allowance increases, and the subsequent scramble for some sort of defence.

The subject you keep reminding everyone of is another matter entirely.

On the contrary. This thread displays Labour misleading people with false accusations, and thus it relates to their misleading false accusations that council tax in Hyndburn is the most expensive. You even agree with me that this year it is a false accusation (though I do wonder why you think this year is false and not last years, I guess your coined landed the other way up this time. )
Old 23-02-2009, 10:01   #1016
Senior Member+

Andrew, you must be the only Tory in the country that thinks the Daily Telegraph is a Labour Rag
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2009, 10:05   #1017
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
Andrew, you must be the only Tory in the country that thinks the Daily Telegraph is a Labour Rag
No there's two of us
Old 23-02-2009, 10:09   #1018
Give, give, give member

Quote:
You even agree with me that this year it is a false accusation
Could you supply evidence relating to a 'false accusation' about this year's Council Tax?

I haven't read anything in that national or local press, or even on here, which in anyway could be seen as such.

Old 23-02-2009, 10:09   #1019
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I never said I was. Perhaps if you came on the forums a little more when there wasn't a a political agenda to push, you'd get the running joke.
and i aint noticed you much partaking in non political threads, case of kettle calling the pan here. so that comment is very misleading.lol
Old 23-02-2009, 10:11   #1020
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
You do enjoy reading things which are not there don't you. Must be fun I guess

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..