Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2009, 12:07   #961
Give, give, give member

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
He wont know how long it takes the info to reach him until it arrives
No, but in the spirit of glasnost, to those who may be interested, he could publicy say that he hasn't yet received the information he requested, as he has told me privately.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2009, 12:22   #962
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
It can take quite a few weeks before any information is issued - when I asked for some info it took about three or four weeks before it arrived - so it's quite possible that Andrew hasn't received anything to post yet.
Hi Gayle, keep up the good work btw...

The Council's deadline was the 18th February.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 12:32   #963
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
He wont know how long it takes the info to reach him until it arrives
-
Neil. I received an email from the Council on the 12th February stating that information had been requested on me using the Freedom of information Act.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 13:40   #964
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post

The Council's deadline was the 18th February.
Well, by my reckoning, and allowing for a few days for the officers to collate all the information and chase up the odd stragglers, the information should probably be being sent out to Andrew mid week this week.

Having said that, I don't think Andrew HAS to post the information he finds. He's asked for some info and undoubtedly he'll receive what he asked for but that doesn't necessarily mean that he has to make it public.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 13:51   #965
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Having said that, I don't think Andrew HAS to post the information he finds. He's asked for some info and undoubtedly he'll receive what he asked for but that doesn't necessarily mean that he has to make it public.
No of course he doesn't.

I very much think his decision to make his findings public will be based on whether he's found out anything benefical in defending the shameful behaviour of the Conservative councillors, who inspired all this furore, by voting to award themselves great allowances than had been independently recommended.

Old 22-02-2009, 14:23   #966
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
As is my stepfather, Eric your opinion is valued because unlike Royboy you add something to the thread that a troll cannot.
You can't just insult someone like that!

You have to give a detailed, and frank explanation of said insult.

troll 3 internet Noun
a person who posts deliberately inflammatory messages on an internet discussion board purely to gain attention.

Old 22-02-2009, 17:13   #967
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
...and myself, when relevant to the topic.

I found particaulary interesting his comment that if he lived here he wouldn't vote for Cllr. Britcliffe.

Hypothetical of course, because he can't vote in a local election here in Hyndburn, but interesting none the less, after he'd digested all the facts and reached that conclusion.
Is it time to start your tantrums yet?...Or was that it?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 18:14   #968
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

It would have been nice of andrewb to share that information with us, if that's the case...in the interest of transparency and openess.
I'm not too sure the information will be of any use to you. I mean, you still haven't condemned Labour for misleading you last year when they said council tax was the most expensive in the whole country. I wouldn't want you being mislead again.
Old 22-02-2009, 18:29   #969
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I'm not too sure the information will be of any use to you. I mean, you still haven't condemned Labour for misleading you last year when they said council tax was the most expensive in the whole country. I wouldn't want you being mislead again.
Not the only authority confusing us voters Andrew .. found this a little confusing, please note first comment by reader :-

Pendle council tax 'to stay the same' (From Lancashire Telegraph)
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 18:49   #970
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Not the only authority confusing us voters Andrew .. found this a little confusing, please note first comment by reader :-

Pendle council tax 'to stay the same' (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Local government is so complex. It's just too easy for politicians to mislead people, as nobody knows the ins and outs. :/

I mean, if people see 'zero council tax rise' in their local paper, they'll expect it. When it comes to getting the bill it'll have gone up because of county council, the police and fire authority. Then when Hyndburn announce the actual increase of 3.6% so nobody has a shock when they come to pay the bill, the opposition scream 7% from the rooftops. Can't win.
Old 22-02-2009, 19:10   #971
God Member

Quote:
Local government is so complex. It's just too easy for politicians to mislead people, as nobody knows the ins and outs. :/

I mean, if people see 'zero council tax rise' in their local paper, they'll expect it. When it comes to getting the bill it'll have gone up because of county council, the police and fire authority. Then when Hyndburn announce the actual increase of 3.6% so nobody has a shock when they come to pay the bill, the opposition scream 7% from the rooftops. Can't win.
And the problem is that everyone only ever announces the one that makes them look good.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 19:14   #972
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I only ever saw the story that Hyndburn had the most expensive Council Tax in the country in the Daily Telegraph, and the local press.

Oh, and I remember reading about it on here.

So all of them were very naughty indeed, for publishing the information.

Old 22-02-2009, 19:14   #973
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Hyndburn announce the actual increase of 3.6%
And we all know why there has been this increase don't we.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 19:15   #974
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
And the problem is that everyone only ever announces the one that makes them look good.
so true n theres one not a million miles away does that,plus answers one question wi another.
Old 22-02-2009, 21:58   #975
Senior Member+

Quote:
Obviously I have said this a lot but I think there is a need to say it again to you Andrew. The Daily Telegraph did a survey as a % of income put Hyndburn top as a proportion. The Lancashire Telegraph repeated it pointing out Hyndburn's position. Labour Party re-printed the story. If it was a proven lie then seek legal advice.

Its all a bit rich from you Andrew
• Conservative leaflets steal photos and layout form Labour in 'childish' parody on community safety.
• Conservative Leaflets say Local Labour Councillors to introduce rubbish tax and put question mark on the end to avoid accountability for saying what would have been a lie without the question mark on the end. I would say a lie with it in the end as it has not been discussed once in the last 8 years (my time on the council) and is NOT PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE with Hyndburn's systems.
• Claimed built Health Centres (PCT NHS)
• Claimed credit for introducing Free Sports. EVERYONE knows that was not a Labour initiative but my initiative (the same I know but for factual clarity of ownership).

BTW I am still waiting for an answer on my question.... Good Tory Things in the last 10 years?
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..