Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2009, 23:44   #916
God Member

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Well this councillor is now sigining off as it is well past her bedtime.
C'mon it's only 7:30 pm
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2009, 09:10   #917
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
Sorry about that, but it really ought be on the councils website. I'll look into it, but I can't think why information like that isn't on the website.

The point about Chief Executives salary,the bigger the authority the bigger the salary. Hyndburn over the years has struggled to keep its top officers. We just can't compete with much bigger authorities.
And some of um we didn't want to keep anyway
Old 21-02-2009, 11:30   #918
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Rather than being an ideological debate forum, we have candidates who are on opposite cheeks of the same hairy ass.
So where does that put the independents?
Old 21-02-2009, 13:55   #919
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
So where does that put the independents?
in a bit of a hole Neil
Old 21-02-2009, 16:25   #920
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The amount of money he gets in expenses has nothing to do with subsistance. The issue for me is that he should not have to spend his own money when away on business. I don't and I don't think anyone should have to.
I said right at the begining of the 'Living off the fat of the land thread' that no one should be out of pocket whilst undergoing public duties.

The ironic thing is that thanks to Jaysay 'releasing' the information that Cllr. Britcliffe actually spent £12.30 on his evening meal whilst in London, that that would have been comfortably covered by the increases recommend by the independent body as an evening subsistance allowance.

Some councillors chose to ignore the independent recommendation, and more than doubled the old allowance.

If they'd have accepted the independent body's recommendation, which we now know thanks to Jaysay would have easily been sufficent, there would have been no headlines in the press, no outraged letters in the papers, and no threads relating to councillor's allowances and expenses on here.

Hell, there wouldn't even have been the quote from Cllr. Britcliffe, to write a guide book if anyone knows of anywhere in London blah, blah, blah.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 16:40   #921

Smile Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I said right at the begining of the 'Living off the fat of the land thread' that no one should be out of pocket whilst undergoing public duties.

The ironic thing is that thanks to Jaysay 'releasing' the information that Cllr. Britcliffe actually spent £12.30 on his evening meal whilst in London, that that would have been comfortably covered by the increases recommend by the independent body as an evening subsistance allowance.

Some councillors chose to ignore the independent recommendation, and more than doubled the old allowance.

If they'd have accepted the independent body's recommendation, which we now know thanks to Jaysay would have easily been sufficent, there would have been no headlines in the press, no outraged letters in the papers, and no threads relating to councillor's allowances and expenses on here.

Hell, there wouldn't even have been the quote from Cllr. Britcliffe, to write a guide book if anyone knows of anywhere in London blah, blah, blah.

Just out of interest how much is the allowance currently for an evening meal?
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 16:50   #922
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
It's reported the old level was 'just over £10', and is now £25.

I've no doubt that an increase was probably due, as the independent body also found. After all even with low inflation the price of everything else has also gone up too.

The problem came about when some councillors chose to ignore the independently arrived at limit, and set their own.

Which by any standard, especially in these financially challenging times, is a massive percentage increase.

I bet nurses, and lots of other important key workers, wish they too could vote to award themselves similar massive rises.

Council makes a meal of rises - News - Accrington Observer

Old 21-02-2009, 17:14   #923

Quote:
It's reported the old level was 'just over £10', and is now £25.

I've no doubt that an increase was probably due, as the independent body also found. After all even with low inflation the price of everything else has also gone up too.

The problem came about when some councillors chose to ignore the independently arrived at limit, and set their own.

Which by any standard, especially in these financially challenging times, is a massive percentage increase.

I bet nurses, and lots of other important key workers, wish they too could vote to award themselves similar massive rises.

Council makes a meal of rises - News - Accrington Observer
Thanks for you reply. I wanted to compare with what other indivduals i know receive for an evening meal allowance the figure is the same. I believe one should produce a receipts in relation to this.
Old 21-02-2009, 17:40   #924

Quote:
Prior to the recent increase the allowance for an evening meal was £10.24.

This is a link to the member's allowances for Hyndburn Borough Councilllors - page 6 gives the rates meal allowances. (Incidentally page 8 gives the rate of Member's Allowances for the 2008 to 2009 municipal year.
http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/downloa...sScheme_1_.pdf
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 19:08   #925
God Member

Quote:

And possibly no clocking up Air Miles (Post Count) in single posts as opposed to multiple quote posts....Andrew...show him how to do it will you?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 19:09   #926
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Prior to the recent increase the allowance for an evening meal was £10.24.
What was all that guff about from Cllr. Britcliffe about 'under' a tenner then, if that was the old allowance?

£10.24 would have purchased his mentioned hot dog and Coke, with enough change spare for Spotted Dick and custard.

Old 21-02-2009, 19:10   #927

The booklet named vision that is delivered through individuals doors costs the Labour county council 350,ooo pounds. I ask the question could this money not be put to a better use? Is this not a waste of finances?
Old 21-02-2009, 19:13   #928
Give, give, give member

Quote:
The booklet named vision that is delivered through individuals doors costs the Labour county council 350,ooo pounds. I ask the question could this money not be put to a better use? Is this not a waste of finances?
Perhaps your polling card, which clearly shows the ward you live in, got hidden in a copy of Vision.

Old 21-02-2009, 19:19   #929
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
And possibly no clocking up Air Miles (Post Count) in single posts as opposed to multiple quote posts....Andrew...show him how to do it will you?
Unlike you post, the post you quoted of mine, was relevant to the thread's subject.

Rather than posting silly remarks that have nothing to do with the issues being discussed, in threads that have a very real importance to people concerned with our local issues, perhaps you could look for an expat forum in your own locality, which might have some relevance to your own life, and stop you from trolling threads here.

Old 21-02-2009, 19:20   #930
God Member

Quote:
Perhaps your polling card, which clearly shows the ward you live in, got hidden in a copy of Vision.
Garinda......Answer the Bl..dy question....You can fence all you like but you can't hide.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..