Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2009, 22:28   #766
Senior Member+

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Well I wish she was referring to that correct statement Garinda.

I said I would not post on the matter again, which I haven't. The matter I posted about was different.
A thousand excuses....
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2009, 22:33   #767

This is a something I asked Andrew to answer, when he sent me a private message earlier, but he doesn't appear to want to provide an answer.

Maybe you would like to tell me how Peter Britcliffe last year claimed Members Allowances of £27760.59 which is over twice as much as the highest paid member of Rossendale BC, when Hazel Harding (who is leader of LCC -which has a budget of millons of pounds and provide 72% of the services in Hyndburn and the other district councils in Lancashire) only had member's allowances of £39983.
Here is a link to LCC member's allowances for 2007 to 2008

http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/corpora...oc.asp?id=5295

The average household income in Church ward is £22K, it is obscene that Peter Britcliffe is claiming so much in allowances.

I would be interested in what thoughts the rest of you have about it.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 22:33   #768
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
not really roy, even andrews doing it now,

[People will only use the mother and son connection when they do not have a better argument. Laugh it off.] when in fact it was not started by me, remove yer blinkers n you will see it to.
Your blinkers must be on, I never blamed you.
Old 19-02-2009, 22:34   #769
God Member

Someone makes a flippant reference to relationships on the thread.. then someone makes a flippant reference to that remark and it all goes tit for tat and gets down to who wins the next General Election... love it! ... you'd have to declare a special interest in the question if in Parliment.. but this ain't Parliment.. great stuff.. keep it up

Last edited by Mancie; 19-02-2009 at 22:37.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 22:34   #770
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
This is a something I asked Andrew to answer, when he sent me a private message earlier, but he doesn't appear to want to provide an answer.
Perhaps that is because you have not yet retracted your incorrect statement about me.
Old 19-02-2009, 22:36   #771
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Your blinkers must be on, I never blamed you.
never said ya did, just chucking my two pennorth in.
Old 19-02-2009, 22:39   #772
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
I am laughing it off so are all my friends. I dont agree with everything you say as is transparent on here, regarding the mother and son connection i will state this G.J and Claytonender dont stoop that low to use this in their defense and to be totally clear wether you agree with me or nor they have my respect for that one i feel they are representing in a totally professional manner un-like some.
yer laughing - i'm doubled up here,YOU were the first to use the mother n son connection, it don't take Bamber Gascoingne to figure that one out.
Old 19-02-2009, 22:44   #773

Quote:

I guess I should thank members for such an amusing thread, not so much Graham for his ill intentions, but his errors were rather amusing. This is the last I'll say on the matter.
Andrew for someone, who said that they were not going to contribute to this thread again (yesterday post 587) you have not stuck to your word.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 22:45   #774
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Thats fencing and avoiding the question.
You are not backward at coming forward so to speak.
Your views on the national position woud be interesting...go for it?
You are free to speak your mind I agree.
Would you have a bet on the outcome of the next general election?
I'm not afraid of dodging any questions.

However I will stick to the topic of transpareny in local politics, which is what this thread is about, because it's something I care passionately about.

If you're so desperate to know my views on national issues start a thread about it, and like I said if you're lucky I'll add my thoughts to it, after considering the thread's opening statement. Although personally I prefer discussing national issues on national, rather than local sites, because you get a wider participation, which I find more interesting.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 22:45   #775

Quote:
yer laughing - i'm doubled up here,YOU were the first to use the mother n son connection, it don't take Bamber Gascoingne to figure that one out.
They made this connection because i was honest enough to identify myself and again was naive new to the thread.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 22:45   #776
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post

Maybe you would like to tell me how Peter Britcliffe last year claimed Members Allowances of £27760.59 which is over twice as much as the highest paid member of Rossendale BC, when Hazel Harding (who is leader of LCC -which has a budget of millons of pounds and provide 72% of the services in Hyndburn and the other district councils in Lancashire) only had member's allowances of £39983.
Here is a link to LCC member's allowances for 2007 to 2008

http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/corpora...oc.asp?id=5295

The average household income in Church ward is £22K, it is obscene that Peter Britcliffe is claiming so much in allowances.

I would be interested in what thoughts the rest of you have about it.
I thought The Leader claimed;
1. Basic 2. Leader 3. Cabinet 4. Judicial Chair 5. Area Council Chair 6.Chair Licensing which came to around £36,000, excluding travel, conferences, mobile, child care.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 22:47   #777
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Hi Royboy it appears your blinkered to now that makes three of us well not to worry.
Yes but only two of you actually live in this country never mind Hyndburn, I refuse to even listen to anyone who starts giving his opinion on our local council no matter how good or bad it is.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2009, 22:48   #778
God Member

Yeah start a thread on National issues Roy.. I mean I myself can't really get involed in this one because it's a local issue and I'm not local anymore.. but hang on Roy.. your in Spain?
Old 19-02-2009, 22:49   #779
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
They made this connection because i was honest enough to identify myself and again was naive new to the thread.
yeh could always appeal to my better nature.

But it would be pointless.
Old 19-02-2009, 22:50   #780
God Member

Quote:
yeh could always appeal to my better nature.

But it would be pointless.
Or appeal to the House of Lords

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..