Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2009, 23:35   #946
Give, give, give member

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
I dont feel it was a silly remark just posed a straight forward question that could well be an important point to make as individuals are interacting about wasteing money i felt it was a valid point to make.
The silly remark was referring to Royboy, who I quoted in my reply, therefore hopefully making it clear to whom it was directed, and not anyone else.

His facetious comment about the number of posts people make is totally irrelevant to this thread.

I for one will continue to post if I think I have something worthwhile to add to a thead's subject.

Not all threads interest all people. There are sections on Accy Web that hold no allure for me, hence I neither read, nor post in them.

I can understand that threads dealing with issues local to Hyndburn might not hold much interest for those who don't live here. I have friends who live abroad, and I've joined forums where they live, and where I regularly visit. Some of their threads don't have any relevance to me, or offer me any interest.

Happily my life isn't so empty that I find myself posting in the very localised threads that hold no interest, in order to gain some perverse attention. I grew out of that childish stage not long after learning to walk, because I quickly realised it didn't produce many positive outcomes. Hopefully others might learn that too.

Could we please try and stay with the subject of the thread now, if there aren't going to be any more banal interuptions?

Last edited by garinda; 21-02-2009 at 23:38.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2009, 23:43   #947

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
The silly remark was referring to Royboy, who I quoted in my reply, therefore hopefully making it clear to whom it was directed, and not anyone else.

His facetious comment about the number of posts people make is totally irrelevant to this thread.

I for one will continue to post if I think I have something worthwhile to add to a thead's subject.

Not all threads interest all people. There are sections on Accy Web that hold no allure for me, hence I neither read, nor post in them.

I can understand that threads dealing with issues local to Hyndburn might not hold much interest for those who don't live here. I have friends who live abroad, and I've joined forums where they live, and where I regularly visit. Some of their threads don't have any relevance to me, or offer me any interest.

Happily my life isn't so empty that I find myself posting in the very localised threads that hold no interest, in order to gain some perverse attention. I grew out of that childish stage not long after learning to walk, because I quickly realised it didn't produce many positive outcomes. Hopefully others might learn that too.

Could we please try and stay with the subject of the thread now, if there aren't going to be any more banal interuptions?
Yes i realised it was not directed at me,must have been studying too long.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 23:44   #948
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Did your post asking Andrew to give his Mum advice on how to use the 'Quote Feature' have anything to do with the thread?
You are full of BS and self importance.
(That remark was made because she was quoting people wrongly, being new I suppose. Therefore the quotes where shown attributed to the wrong person, and so were subsequent quotes, if they'd quoted her. A domino effect, that's easily avoided if someone shows you how to quote, hence the comment.)

I notice that nothing of interest has been posted yet, regarding the information that was requested under the Freedom of Information Act.(?)

Rather disappointing considering all the work it probably entailed for some poor person at the council.

Old 21-02-2009, 23:46   #949
God Member

I think the subject of the thread has mutated into something quite different ... or if "mutated" is not the right word, "deteriorated" might do. Like the war aims of the Great Powers in WW l, they changed radically once battle was joined.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2009, 23:55   #950
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I think the subject of the thread has mutated into something quite different ... or if "mutated" is not the right word, "deteriorated" might do. Like the war aims of the Great Powers in WW l, they changed radically once battle was joined.
...and yet those who neither care or are interested in the price of hot dog purchased in Piccadilly Circus, keep reading and posting in it.

Odd really, that there's so little else of interest.

Old 22-02-2009, 01:58   #951
God Member

Quote:
...and yet those who neither care or are interested in the price of hot dog purchased in Piccadilly Circus, keep reading and posting in it.

Odd really, that there's so little else of interest.

But there is never anything worth watching on tv I never bought a hot dog in Piccadilly Circus, but there is a Dunkin' Donuts there ... Last time I was in London, I walked in, asked for a jumbo 4x4 ... received a blank look .... was asked if I would like to speak to the manager .... said "no thanks" .... left, and found a cafe that served me a really good cup of tea .....
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 08:27   #952
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
But, as I am a Canadian, it's probably none of my business
As is my stepfather, Eric your opinion is valued because unlike Royboy you add something to the thread that a troll cannot.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 08:45   #953
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Garinda......Answer the Bl..dy question....You can fence all you like but you can't hide.

That question being the comment from turkishdelight about the Vision newspaper published by L.C.C.?

I didn't realise I was taking part in a personal question and answer session. I was under the illusion I was free to post in a thread where and when I wanted to, just like everyone else.

Why on earth should I answer each and every comment, especially as it seems totally irrelevant to the central issuse to this topic? That issue being the recently increased allowances of our local councillors, and the resulting public outrage that followed, which presumably promted Andrewb to request information about all councillor's expenses.

I also posted earlier that two wrongs don't make a right, and find that sort of evidence is always a very poor defence.

The only possible comment I can make about Vision, since the information provided wasn't given a source, is that it sometimes makes quite an interesting and informative read, and certainly takes longer to peruse before it goes into the recycling sack, than the lovely calendar did from my local councillors, and certainly has pretty pictures in it.

Last edited by garinda; 22-02-2009 at 08:47.
Old 22-02-2009, 09:10   #954
God Member

Quote:

I notice that nothing of interest has been posted yet, regarding the information that was requested under the Freedom of Information Act.(?)

Rather disappointing considering all the work it probably entailed for some poor person at the council.
It can take quite a few weeks before any information is issued - when I asked for some info it took about three or four weeks before it arrived - so it's quite possible that Andrew hasn't received anything to post yet.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 09:12   #955
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
is this thread still going?
Ar Milligan and Nesbit still on Opportunity Knocks
Old 22-02-2009, 09:15   #956

Just a point to all i value all the individuals opinions on here and consider their points of view. Royboy your opinions are certainly valued by myself.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2009, 09:17   #957
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
It can take quite a few weeks before any information is issued - when I asked for some info it took about three or four weeks before it arrived - so it's quite possible that Andrew hasn't received anything to post yet.
That's fair enough.

It would have been nice of andrewb to share that information with us, if that's the case...in the interest of transparency and openess.

Old 22-02-2009, 09:22   #958
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Royboy your opinions are certainly valued by myself.

...and myself, when relevant to the topic.

I found particaulary interesting his comment that if he lived here he wouldn't vote for Cllr. Britcliffe.

Hypothetical of course, because he can't vote in a local election here in Hyndburn, but interesting none the less, after he'd digested all the facts and reached that conclusion.

Old 22-02-2009, 09:38   #959
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Thats why I would probably vote Labour in local elections following what I have read on here...I do think it's worth a punt.
Just in case anyone happened to miss it, in this somewhat long and winding thread, this is the moment that Royboy39 came to the conclusion that he'd vote for Labour, if he was eligible to vote in a local election here in Hyndburn, after thoughtful consideration of the facts given in the thread.

As stated earlier, personally I can't make that claim. I vote for whoever I think is going to be the best person for the job, regardless of which party they're a member of.

An interesting conclusion for him to arrive at though, from an outsider's point of view.

Old 22-02-2009, 11:34   #960
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
That's fair enough.

It would have been nice of andrewb to share that information with us, if that's the case...in the interest of transparency and openess.
He wont know how long it takes the info to reach him until it arrives

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..