Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2009, 21:46   #1141
God Member

Re: Anyone made a secret Freedom Of Info request about me ? Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Margaret, which 2 MEP's did you mail?
No 9 - Karim
No 3 - Davies

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-02-2009, 21:48   #1142
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

just a bit higher than the borough elections turn out, suprised me, but less than half fer both, don't say a right lot.
Old 26-02-2009, 21:51   #1143

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
just a bit higher than the borough elections turn out, suprised me, but less than half fer both, don't say a right lot.
In 2004 the European election was all postal in the North West and I think the voting form (which was on Proportional Representation) was very confusing to many people.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 21:54   #1144
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
In 2004 the European election was all postal in the North West and I think the voting form (which was on Proportional Representation) was very confusing to many people.
yeh but the borough elections got even less of a turnout, very sad to me. cos they are not confusing.
Old 26-02-2009, 21:57   #1145
God Member

Thanks guys for the info. .... so voter turnout is not all that great ... I wonder if it is lack of interest, shortage of grey matter, a sense of futility .... mmm, now if they allowed politicians to bribe voters, that may work ... let's bring wide open bribery and corruption, and do away with the secret ballot ....
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2009, 21:58   #1146
God Member

Oh, and free booze on election day .....
Old 26-02-2009, 22:03   #1147

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
No 9 - Karim
No 3 - Davies
Maybe you just contacted the wrong MEP.

I met Gary Titley. Arlene McCarthy and Brian Simpson at conference in Southport in November. I get regular email updates from Arlene about things that are happening in the European Parliament.

I don't know how it works for the other parties but each Labour MEP has certain North West parliamentary constituencies that they 'look' after.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 10:04   #1148
Resting in Peace

Quote:

I met Gary Titley. Arlene McCarthy and Brian Simpson at conference in Southport in November. I get regular email updates from Arlene about things that are happening in the European Parliament.

I don't know how it works for the other parties but each Labour MEP has certain North West parliamentary constituencies that they 'look' after.
Tories are much the same, I'm on the mailing list from Robert Atkins and David Sumerg and I also look at their Web Sites too
Old 27-02-2009, 10:08   #1149
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
its a good job Adolf Hitler wasn't a tory, or andrew would be defending him! mind they did fund Oswald Mosley secretly so not beyond the bounds.
QUOTE=andrewb;685817]I see a few of you have been confused. Well, I don't think being called a person who compares me with Hitler, is really that good a call, cashman, I can't believe you wonder why I disagree with you.------------------------------------------------------------
above was the post you had a childish tantrum about,when you sent me the P.M. as i explained in my reply to yer outburst, i was simply illustrating that anything in a Blue Rosette you would defend. which you denied, everything that has happened since simply re-enforce my view and i stand by that comment. like i told ya earlier, sorry it went oer yer head. although i fail too see how it went oer summat that big.
Old 27-02-2009, 10:15   #1150
God Member

Quote:

The subject of my mail wasn't a local issue.
I chose Mr Davies because he is on the committe described as
Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
and Mr Karim because of
Committee on International Trade, Subcommittee on Human Rights

Last edited by MargaretR; 27-02-2009 at 10:19.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 16:09   #1151
God Member

Quote:
QUOTE=andrewb;685817]I see a few of you have been confused. Well, I don't think being called a person who compares me with Hitler, is really that good a call, cashman, I can't believe you wonder why I disagree with you.------------------------------------------------------------
above was the post you had a childish tantrum about,when you sent me the P.M. as i explained in my reply to yer outburst, i was simply illustrating that anything in a Blue Rosette you would defend. which you denied, everything that has happened since simply re-enforce my view and i stand by that comment. like i told ya earlier, sorry it went oer yer head. although i fail too see how it went oer summat that big.
It probably didn't go over it; rather, it went thro' it .... in one ear, and out the other .... with little in between to impede its progress

Tags
politics

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..