Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Big Joe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2018, 21:50   #1

Apologies For Our Past

Lets put things into context. First I love my country. I am British/English and proud of it. We live in an amazing country which has a rich and colourful history. We have contributed much to the world and to be fair we haven't always got it right but to quote Anthony Horowitz, "Our grey damp little island has changed and continues to change the world with its innovation and invention" Well said Anthony. Two programs I love. First the documentary series The British which charts our history. Brilliant! if you haven't seen it watch it on catch up. Second The Pledge on Sky. Excellent debate program which covers topical issues of the week. Now if you like a good rant this is for you. The other night one of the panel said something I thought was brilliant. "They were sick and tired of apologising for our past". Well said. Me too.I don't see the Italians apologising for wiping out the Druids never mind the invasion itself. And while we are on the subject Germany what about all those Saxon raids and as for Norway well there was a nation of marauders who knew how to slaughter monks and burn down a monastery or two. Sadly no apology from any of them. And yet the tree hugging, kaftan wearing mealy mouthed brigade are always droning on about how bad we ( The British ) were/are/will be. This from people who shout from behind the blanket of freedom this country provides for them but do nothing to contribute to its upkeep. Personally I would send them all to North Korea so the could give Rocket Man a few pointers on how to run his country. It would be a short conversation that's for sure until they got to a labour camp. Then they would really have something to complain about.
Old 28-02-2018, 21:56   #2

Re: Apologies For Our Past

Should apologise to anyone who hugs trees or wears a kaftan. Nothing personal. Its the Mr and Mrs Mealy Kipper Mouths I was getting at. The limp fish, the kippers, those with no spine. Just thought I should clear that up.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..