Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2007, 13:56   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Are You Safe In His Taxi

thanks MT job done, also thanks to Gayle n neil for the others.
Old 16-03-2007, 14:43   #47
God Member

Had the commitee been snorting something when they made their decission? Now its been in the Obo I somehow think he wont get much trade nor the company that employ's him either.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 14:50   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Had the commitee been snorting something when they made their decission? Now its been in the Obo I somehow think he wont get much trade nor the company that employ's him either.
If we find out who the company is. I would like to know, because I for one will not be using them!!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 15:01   #49
I am Banned

i think they shoudl name teh company so that teh firms that are not employing perverts dont loose buisness because they have somone who looks like him working for them
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 15:09   #50

he might not work for a taxi firm, he could be on one of the taxi ranks in the town centre,don,t know what the licensing committee are playing at by letting a convicted sex offender drive taxis again, goes beyound believe.
marg. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 15:14   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marg. View Post
he might not work for a taxi firm, he could be on one of the taxi ranks in the town centre,don,t know what the licensing committee are playing at by letting a convicted sex offender drive taxis again, goes beyound believe.
those taxis work for firms marg, at least they did when i was one.
Old 16-03-2007, 15:18   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
this is nothing short of disgraceful, these councillors with the exeption of councillor pritchard (who voted against) should recieve some real pain off constituents now and at election time.
the likes of conciller alla dad regurlarly 'represent' such crims with the help of the ethnic minorities police division . its a shame for the decent asian taxi drivers who will be treated with suspicion because of the likes of this taxi driver
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 15:20   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
the likes of conciller alla dad regurlarly 'represent' such crims with the help of the ethnic minorities police division . its a shame for the decent asian taxi drivers who will be treated with suspicion because of the likes of this taxi driver
agree entirely cos i know loads of good lads that drive taxis.
Old 16-03-2007, 16:20   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Dear Mr Holden
Thank you for your email to our Licencing Section. I have asked the Councils Chief Environmental Services Officer to provide you with a reply.
Yours Sincerely ------this is the reply i just recieved, obviously at this time it will be next week before i get one- not good enough! i will move on to other avenues.
Old 16-03-2007, 16:31   #55
Resident Waffler

I am absolutely shocked, horrified and appalled by this ludicrous decision. My daughters and I often use taxis and I'd like to know which firm he works for so we can give them a wide birth.

his cousin Mohammed Bashir said: "Nobody forced the councillors to make the decision - they gave him his licence back."

He added: "This is his living. If he cannot work how can he feed his family and pay his mortgage?"

He should have thought of his family and his mortgage before he started groping his passengers.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 18:07   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
I agree with the last sentiment wholeheartedly. Taxi drivers are not only nice lads but have a hard job with people who behave excessively or aggressively, particularly at weekends.

As a Councillor we need to have confidence in decisions and Taxi Licensing needs cleaning up. When I sat on a couple of years back I felt very uncomfortable (and bullied) on that committee with the way certain members behaved.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 18:17   #57
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
As a Councillor we need to have confidence in decisions and Taxi Licensing needs cleaning up. When I sat on a couple of years back I felt very uncomfortable (and bullied) on that committee with the way certain members behaved.
So when/if you are sat in the big chair will you reform licensing in Hyndburn?
Old 16-03-2007, 18:17   #58
I am Banned

Quote:
I agree with the last sentiment wholeheartedly. Taxi drivers are not only nice lads but have a hard job with people who behave excessively or aggressively, particularly at weekends.

So as a councillor knowing the public disgust what are u going to do about it???, surely bullying in any dept should not be acceptable in any division, so therefore should be stamped out so that PROPER FAIR decisions should be made all inclusive not bullied into submission, which sounds to be like prejudice & influence is going on - even inappropiate influence if u get me that has serious consequences for the general public
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 18:28   #59
I am Banned

seems to me councils are run like school yards

everyone does what the bully and his friends say regardless if its right or wrong
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 18:35   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:

Have I got the right to ring someone from the licensing and ask what firm he is working for?as an ex-cabbie I know they have this information and are they at liberty to tell me?After all I have 3 daughters and dont want them travelling with this individual.If not there is only one thing to do and use the only two firms who I know do not employ asian drivers.Which I am not meaning to be racist but it is the only guaranteed way any of my family will not be drove by this individual.

« the sun today | tea »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..