Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2007, 17:40   #1
God Member

the sun today

I was just looking at the sun newspaper online to see the michael barrymore thing and I came across this...

The Sun Online - Maddie: Madeleine parents' 'tip' rage

How weird to be angry over such a thing... You think they'd be keen to find her in any condition if there is a possibility rather than being angry because someone may think she is dead somewhere, psychic or not.

I wouldve thought they'd be hopeful towards anyone feeling they know where she may be whether dead or alive...

Has nobody else seen this today?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-06-2007, 18:17   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: the sun today

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I was just looking at the sun newspaper online to see the michael barrymore thing and I came across this...

The Sun Online - Maddie: Madeleine parents' 'tip' rage

How weird to be angry over such a thing... You think they'd be keen to find her in any condition if there is a possibility rather than being angry because someone may think she is dead somewhere, psychic or not.

I wouldve thought they'd be hopeful towards anyone feeling they know where she may be whether dead or alive...

Has nobody else seen this today?
Well, blazey, not believing in any type of physic powers, etc., can well understand the parents feelings, some nutcase offering a negative outcome. Destroying the parent's hope I feel, which they don't need at this moment.

The only good thing is that it has got the police searching the area thoroughly, which should have been implemented intially, and logical that if anything dreadful has happened to this little girl, would be a good chance she would be buried as described.

Only one thing worries me about the kidnapping theory, is that the child's abnormality in her pupil is so unusual that she will be recognised immediately for years to come, unless there are any parts of the globe where this case has not been reported on heavily.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 18:27   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, blazey, not believing in any type of physic powers, etc., can well understand the parents feelings, some nutcase offering a negative outcome. Destroying the parent's hope I feel, which they don't need at this moment.

The only good thing is that it has got the police searching the area thoroughly, which should have been implemented intially, and logical that if anything dreadful has happened to this little girl, would be a good chance she would be buried as described.

Only one thing worries me about the kidnapping theory, is that the child's abnormality in her pupil is so unusual that she will be recognised immediately for years to come, unless there are any parts of the globe where this case has not been reported on heavily.
Its not so big in america. I talk on a forum with quite alot of american art students who havent even heard of her. Alot of them who have heard are now fed up of it because obviously there are so many missing children that they actually believe its immoral to keep an eye out for just one of them, because its not like she should get any special treatment compared to any of the others.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 18:33   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Its not so big in america. I talk on a forum with quite alot of american art students who havent even heard of her. Alot of them who have heard are now fed up of it because obviously there are so many missing children that they actually believe its immoral to keep an eye out for just one of them, because its not like she should get any special treatment compared to any of the others.
Ok .. not particularly saying special treatment and even if you are not particularly looking out for this child, just that you cannot help to notice this feature, and eventually someone wherever will remember it and try and connect, I know I would.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 21:24   #5
Senior Member+

I would move heaven and earth to find my child if she was missing and I admire the dignified way in which the McCanns have behaved throughout this ordeal. It's a situation which no parent should have to deal with but seems to be all too common these days. I really hope they find her alive but I also doubt there will be a happy ending to this sorry tale. I am no model parent by a long way and it's all too easy to say " I wouldn't have done that" but that's in the past now and they have to hope for the best and also prepare for the worst.
Old 15-06-2007, 21:34   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I would move heaven and earth to find my child if she was missing and I admire the dignified way in which the McCanns have behaved throughout this ordeal. It's a situation which no parent should have to deal with but seems to be all too common these days. I really hope they find her alive but I also doubt there will be a happy ending to this sorry tale. I am no model parent by a long way and it's all too easy to say " I wouldn't have done that" but that's in the past now and they have to hope for the best and also prepare for the worst.
I totally agree,Lindsay.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..