Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2009, 11:11   #61
Give, give, give member

Re: Banned, the police Union Flag badge that backs our troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Yes I do as they are not part of the uniform. If they are part of the uniform of Remembrance Sunday then that is different - are they?
Police officers are allowed to wear poppies in the weeks leading up to Rememberance Day, not just on the Rememberance Day Sunday itself, even though they aren't part of their standard uniform, nor is it compulsory for them to wear them.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2009, 11:31   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
You're not part of the fabled PC brigade that Mancie's searching for, are you?
Well, I'm using a PC. The point is, if they aren't wearing badges of any kind they can't leave themselves open to criticism or accusations of bias by the said PC or any other brigade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
They've come to this country, they've sworn their oath of allegiance, so they're UK citizens.
Much like the youths who drive round Accrington and Blackburn with huge Green and White flags flying from their vehicles when England play Pakistan at cricket.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 12:04   #63
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Well, I'm using a PC. The point is, if they aren't wearing badges of any kind they can't leave themselves open to criticism or accusations of bias by the said PC or any other brigade.

Much like the youths who drive round Accrington and Blackburn with huge Green and White flags flying from their vehicles when England play Pakistan at cricket.
They might well do, but the point is, if any of them were serving police officers, I wouldn't expect them to see them with a Pakistani flag badge...or a Labour party badge...or a Whippet Breeders' Badge in their lapel when they were on duty. However, a badge displaying the national flag and support for those who protect the nation is a completely different matter which crosses party and religious lines.
Old 31-07-2009, 12:24   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
They might well do, but the point is, if any of them were serving police officers, I wouldn't expect them to see them with a Pakistani flag badge...or a Labour party badge...or a Whippet Breeders' Badge in their lapel when they were on duty. However, a badge displaying the national flag and support for those who protect the nation is a completely different matter which crosses party and religious lines.
Or even if they wear badges with pink spots over a blue background..or badges showing pot smoking dragons breathing fire over knights in white dressing gowns.. or leapord skin badges..or badges with encrusted with diamonds from king Tut's tomb...it does not matter..I don't care even if they run about stark ball naked!...we just want the police to do thier job!

Last edited by Mancie; 31-07-2009 at 12:28.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2009, 16:07   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
who.. that you know in your everyday life has said they are offended by the Union Jack..anyone?..or do you just get your knowledge from the Daily Mail?
No Mancie the do gooders I refer to are the Guardian reading fascist left, that usually work in the big city town halls up and down the country, who think that being British or Britishness is a sin
Old 31-07-2009, 16:47   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Guardian reading fascist left
I rarely use this term, but LOL.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:20   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Yes. The police aren't a military force and cannot be seen to show bias toward any section of our society. Like religion and politics the police and military shouldn't be mixed.

the poppy isnt to show support for troops its to show thanx to the many peoples grandfathers and in more recent conflicts peoples brothers , sisters , children ,fathers and mothers for fighting or giving their lives so that these moaing idiots could come to our country and have the right to be offended,hence the name rememberance sunday .

black people have fought and died in the british army as well so i dont see how weraing a poppy shows bias to one particular section of society

if folk come here and dont liek how we do things in ths country they should sod off back to where they came from and be offended elsewhere and that also applies to those that are born here yet see their parents origional country of origin as their home country

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..