Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Barrie Yates
  • 1 Post By Ryewolf90

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2017, 11:42   #1
Full Member+

Broadway Roundabout

Can anyone tell me if the roundabout at the top of broadway come's under the same Highway Code Reg's as other roundabouts or is it under a different set of rules because there's no white paint on it or is it that Some Drivers just don't see it. On four occasions in the last two months I have had three near misses the other, the Male bus driver slammed his brakes on sending the standing school kids to the front of the bus, the others three young females one of which was to busy waving at friend outside the Broadway pub.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-01-2018, 08:17   #2
Junior Member+

Re: Broadway Roundabout

I would say the roundabout is subject to normal highway rules because it is on the highway, I treat it as a normal roundabout but I think some white paint on it would help.
Jack1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 21:21   #3

If drivers need white paint to help them drive then I doubt a bit of paint is going to help them.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 12:57   #4
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowSix View Post
If drivers need white paint to help them drive then I doubt a bit of paint is going to help them.
So in your opinion the LCC can save £1'000s by not marking the roads
Old 29-01-2018, 15:52   #5
Senior Member+

The roundabout is somewhat different to the "normal" mini roundabouts. It is made out of bricks which are raised to such a level it almost qualifies as a speed bump. Probably the most noticeable feature are the 3 large white arrows arranged in a clockwise circle. I drove along there this afternoon and I had no difficulty recognizing it as a mini roundabout.
Gremlin likes this.
Old 29-01-2018, 22:23   #6
Full Member+

I went along there today, I always treat it as a roundabout - give way to the right... but it's like everywhere these days people seem to ignore road markings or road use.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 30-01-2018, 07:48   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryewolf90 View Post
I went along there today, I always treat it as a roundabout - give way to the right... but it's like everywhere these days people seem to ignore road markings or road use.
nailed it there. a few around my neck of the woods. work fine monday to saturday to but sunday its a complete joke as some either just sit there or do not bother to stop at all. driving standards seem to get worse and worse as the years go by.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 12:48   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
nailed it there. a few around my neck of the woods. work fine monday to saturday to but sunday its a complete joke as some either just sit there or do not bother to stop at all. driving standards seem to get worse and worse as the years go by.
Standards are dropping and it's down to a lack of police enforcement and offloading things like parking to councils who don't have the funds to deal with it.

I think it's a snowball effect, a few start parking in stupid places, other see they never get caught so they do the same. A few ignore red lights, never get caught so others start doing it. Driving standards will just keep getting worse and worse unless the police start dealing with the problem
Old 30-01-2018, 13:33   #9
Senior Member+

I think the roundabout sign is a bit of a giveaway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (118.2 KB, 30 views)
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 14:02   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Standards are dropping and it's down to a lack of police enforcement and offloading things like parking to councils who don't have the funds to deal with it.
Perhaps if LCC, HBC and the the police, whoever has responsibility, issued the necessary tickets and installed ANPR/Red Light cameras more funding would be available. As you will be aware there are many complaints of illegal parking in Hyndburn and yet nothing is done about the most flagrant offences.
Old 30-01-2018, 20:25   #11
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I think the roundabout sign is a bit of a giveaway.
There is a giveaway no entry sign going the other way to your photo, that don't seem to work.
Old 31-01-2018, 07:52   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Standards are dropping and it's down to a lack of police enforcement
as long as you keep under the speed limit, leave your mobile out of sight you will never see the force of the law. seem more bothered about how fast you go at 11 in the morning than actually how you are driving. think most realise that now so sod everyone else i,m not speeding seems an attitude. another one that seems to be increasing now is the inability to switch headlights off when parked up faceing on coming traffic. not all are taxi drivers either.

Last edited by Neil; 01-02-2018 at 02:32. Reason: fix quote
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 20:24   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
So in your opinion the LCC can save £1'000s by not marking the roads
No, I think the others have explained what I was referring to.
Even white lines will not stop the way some drive on it.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..