Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2013, 23:08   #136

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Oops! I could say something about great minds and all that as we seem to have posted our entries at the same time - but thankfully MY mind is not full of biased theological clap-trap, so I decline.
Btw, who says that what the different religious entities believe is correct. I could enter many arguments here - but it would be a complete waste of time. Have better things to do.
When The reformation took place, I think in the 1500s, it was the best thing that ever happened to England. Of course the Roman Catholic Church would tell a different story all about Henry VIII and his many wives which was of course true but it got rid of all the religious claptrap that was going on like the selling of indulgences and prayers for the dead that are nowhere mentioned in scripture. They were not perfect even then but it was a step in the right direction. Nowadays they seem to be reverting back like a dog returns to its vomit.
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2013, 23:16   #137
Super Moderator

Love it! A genuine hellfire-and-damnation Godbotherer. You don't get this sort of entertainment on Blackburnweb!
Old 10-11-2013, 23:22   #138

Religion, sex and politics, have been and still are the cause of so many problems in the world - but of the three I know which I would rather have......and it ain't religion or politics.......
gpick24 likes this.
Old 10-11-2013, 23:24   #139
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Religion, sex and politics, have been and still are the cause of so many problems in the world - but of the three I know which I would rather have......and it ain't religion or politics.......
I have long since abandoned all three, and find life peaceful
dotti34 likes this.

Old 10-11-2013, 23:32   #140
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
"Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also."

Isn't the Internet a wonderful communicator?
You didn't get it. Oh well
Old 10-11-2013, 23:33   #141

Earlier on this thread you likened yourself to being an ordinary bloke like Billy Graham. He was no 'ordinary' bloke - made a lot of money out of such-like as you I would say. Not my cup of tea.
Old 10-11-2013, 23:36   #142
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
i have to say, if this is what the chosen few have to look forward to in heaven, then send me to hell.
"Hendrix is on harp tonight" -Bill Hicks
Old 10-11-2013, 23:52   #143
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
"Hendrix is on harp tonight" -Bill Hicks
Silly restless got that joke the wrong way around
Old 11-11-2013, 00:17   #144
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Christian Science

Well the vibes are coming through, I sense a dingle, but a dingle from where?
I get a sense of a medium sized town beginning with a c, Colne, no no can't be Colne, it's not a c it's... A b, Burnley yes a strong sense of Burnley, why does Lucas Aerospace keep raising itself in my images?
Of course if I had something of his such as a Bible to hold the images would come through stronger.
Lucas Aero space, why does it seem like old news? Because of death? No not death retirement.
Well, God moves in mysterious ways his wonders to perform, doesn't he Kevin?
Old 11-11-2013, 00:43   #145
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well, that is the biggest pile of bull you've put on today, not even worth quoting, I suspect you may just be getting close to losing it, can I watch?
Seems as if he has a purpose in life ... making C'mon look good, real good
Restless likes this.
Old 11-11-2013, 00:48   #146
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

To be a christian you do not have to nail your colours to the mast......
An interesting choice of metaphor ...
Old 11-11-2013, 00:53   #147
God Member

Quote:
Nowadays they seem to be reverting back
In what other direction can one "revert"
Old 11-11-2013, 00:53   #148

This sums it up nicely for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1395354_10152024538105482_748853932_n.jpg (16.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 11-11-2013, 01:30   #149
God Member

Quote:
Hi Eric,
Nice to see you.

Have a nice day
Now I get it ... you work as a Walmart greeter; and you do the god thing on the side.
Restless likes this.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:14   #150

On a serious note, K99WARD, how can you truly believe in the faith that you are preaching to us when such terrible things are happening in the world even as we write on this thread. For instance the absolute devastation in the Philippines – a deeply religious nation. Is this their reward for believing?
Now start to spout off about why this sort of thing happens. I know you will have some ridiculous reason why it is so. Maybe something about suffering brings us closer to everlasting life or some such twaddle. Or that your God is angry with all the sinners in the world and so the innocent have to suffer, etc., etc., blah! blah! blah!
Sorry fellow Webbers for bringing a bit of gloom and doom to the thread but I have just been watching the devastation on the news – and it is so terrible….
…then I was reminded of all the religious quotes that have been posted from this man (I was going to say nutter – but as I don’t know him I will keep that opinion of him to myself).
Restless and Alan Varrechia like this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..