Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2013, 12:19   #166
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
does an airline pilot check the date on his flight manual before he takes the joystick? I think not.
I'm sure BG will come back to you on that one.

Quote:
Better watch out. You might die in bed tonight.
Are you threatening a member? It certainly looks like it, I'll report your post just in case, so that the mods can decide.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 11-11-2013, 12:25   #167
JFT96

Quote:
An interesting post Margaret but does an airline pilot check the date on his flight manual before he takes the joystick? I think not.
Actually, having upto date manuals on board is a legal requirement and its not called a Joystick, its a Control Column or Yoke (mainly for Boeings) and a Side Stick (mainly Airbus).
I suspect you wrote this to infuriate me, sorry to disapoint.

Btw, I changed my Avatar and Sign off, just for you, I do hope you like it.
Less likes this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 11-11-2013 at 12:28.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:27   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post

Btw, I changed my Avatar and Sign off, I do hope you like it.
I noticed that, by coincidence so have I, I bet the guy I put up is more religious but just as ill informed as your guy.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:40   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You misrepresent me yet again.
I have not said that I am against religion. That is an assumption you, yourself have made.
My spirituality is my business, it has nothing at all to do with you.
It is not something I care to discuss on an open forum. I would never discuss my beliefs, they are private.
Please do me the courtesy of not putting words into my mouth that I haven't said.
You do not know me well enough.
Wrong Margaret! You have made it quite clear where you stand on these matters. Your spirituality is God's business.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:43   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I'm sure BG will come back to you on that one.

Are you threatening a member? It certainly looks like it, I'll report your post just in case, so that the mods can decide.
This is not a threat. Ye know not the day nor the hour. The message is "be ready"
Old 11-11-2013, 12:46   #171
JFT96

Are you?
Better get some praying in, just in case

Old 11-11-2013, 12:47   #172

Quote:
This is not a threat. Ye know not the day nor the hour. The message is "be ready"
O.K. so this isn't a threat is it a bribe? If so I'm 'ready', which pub are you taking me to?

I've got to warn you, I don't come cheap it'll cost you at least 7 pints, after all I've seen what you look like.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:48   #173
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
O.K. so this isn't a threat is it a bribe? If so I'm 'ready', which pub are you taking me to?

I've got to warn you, I don't come cheap it'll cost you at least 7 pints, after all I've seen what you look like.
Good job i've just finished my cup of coffee......nearly needed a new Galaxy Tablet

Old 11-11-2013, 12:53   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
On a serious note, K99WARD, how can you truly believe in the faith that you are preaching to us when such terrible things are happening in the world even as we write on this thread. For instance the absolute devastation in the Philippines – a deeply religious nation. Is this their reward for believing?
Now start to spout off about why this sort of thing happens. I know you will have some ridiculous reason why it is so. Maybe something about suffering brings us closer to everlasting life or some such twaddle. Or that your God is angry with all the sinners in the world and so the innocent have to suffer, etc., etc., blah! blah! blah!
Sorry fellow Webbers for bringing a bit of gloom and doom to the thread but I have just been watching the devastation on the news – and it is so terrible….
…then I was reminded of all the religious quotes that have been posted from this man (I was going to say nutter – but as I don’t know him I will keep that opinion of him to myself).
It is a common failing of man (and woman) to blame God for man's sin. My wife used to call it "blaming the back shift." So you say, "why doesn't he intervene?" The answer lies in his love. We would all perish for our sins as he doesn't show preferences. He prefers to await his coming again when the saved will be with him in heaven and the unsaved will reap their reward. Just join the losing queue.
Less likes this.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:58   #175

Quote:
It is a common failing of man (and woman) to blame God for man's sin. My wife used to call it "blaming the back shift." So you say, "why doesn't he intervene?" The answer lies in his love. We would all perish for our sins as he doesn't show preferences. He prefers to await his coming again when the saved will be with him in heaven and the unsaved will reap their reward. Just join the losing queue.

Hi Kevin,
Well, I don't blame any mans God for anyones sins, but then if I had a God he wouldn't be as vengeful as yours.

BTW

Oops sorry you don't like initials.

By The Way, I have decided to like the above post, I think it most unfair and hurtful that someone should leave AccyWeb without being liked at least once.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:59   #176
Beacon of light

Quote:
Wrong Margaret! You have made it quite clear where you stand on these matters. Your spirituality is God's business.
No, it is you who are wrong...are you saying that you know more about me than I do about myself?
You are making assumptions without knowing anything about me.
And if it is God's business, then that means it certainly isn't yours.
Less likes this.
Old 11-11-2013, 13:00   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Now I get it ... you work as a Walmart greeter; and you do the god thing on the side.
Actually I was a rocket scientist.
Old 11-11-2013, 13:02   #178
Beacon of light

and I was Mother Theresa.
ANNE likes this.
Old 11-11-2013, 13:04   #179
Mog

Quote:
I think you should have a rocket shoved up your jacksy.
Old 11-11-2013, 13:05   #180
JFT96

Quote:
Setting off Standard Fireworks does not count
DaveinGermany likes this.

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..