Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2014, 14:28   #871

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You don't need my permission for anything, I am only here to remove drivel and swearing
If you want permission for something ask Mick
Oooops! Sorry Neil. I thought you were the boss
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2014, 14:41   #872

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I was wondering why you removed my post nominating K99 for testicular cancer awareness.
I assume it was down to my discription not that I wrote sock across his forehead?
Oooooh! Accyexplorer you are a card but don't worry folks, I have my passport for heaven. It's odd how people think this is arrogant, silly or impetuous but us Christians know it by another name. It is called "Assurance of Salvation." The scriptures say :

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

"Life" here refers to eternal life.
Old 23-03-2014, 14:47   #873
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
Oooops! Sorry Neil. I thought you were the boss
Roy, is the owner, Mick is the Boss, you are the pain and I have an unanswered question:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Ooh sir, sir me next please sir please.

I have heard that it has been mentioned by a leading theologian that occasionally pimps the web for his own purposes once said,

"We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us."
My question is:-

Do you believe that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel?
Old 23-03-2014, 14:48   #874

Quote:

Not eternally avoiding a question?

Quote:

I have heard that it has been mentioned by a leading theologian that occasionally pimps the web for his own purposes once said,

Do you believe that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel?
Old 23-03-2014, 14:56   #875

A Happy Easter to all our listeners and viewers.

Last edited by K99WARD; 23-03-2014 at 14:57. Reason: Spelling!
Old 23-03-2014, 15:18   #876

Christian Science

Quote:

Your Calendar seems wrong, it isn't yet the Bank holiday.
Could it be that God has spoken to you and you will be leaving us, was that your way of saying goodbye?
I do hope so, if not I do have an unanswered question if you could put half a mind to it (how silly of me that is the maximum your lord gave obviously). The question is:-

Quote:

Old 23-03-2014, 16:05   #877
God Member

Quote:
Well 1 Cor 13:13 is a biblical quote but it is not the answer to my question Eric. Actually anybody can crib on Google since the answer is given many times over. I don't believe in making it too hard or people just give up.

Any more takers before I give you the answer folks?
I don't have to use Google all that much ... unlike you, I have a brain which I know how use, and a memory which serves me well. As Descartes said, "I think, therefore we have nothing in common." ... or close to that. You are blessed with nothing more than a smug intolerance, and a Classic Comics knowledge of a complex book, which, by the way comes in many versions, more than you could count even if you took your socks off. And being too intellectually lazy to study how the Bible attained the form in which it now exists, you take the mental midget's way out, and are content claiming it is the word of God. You probably can't even work out why Lent comes at the time it does, nor have any knowledge of the syncretism which gives us Easter eggs, and the Easter Bunny.
Old 23-03-2014, 16:39   #878
JCB

Quote:
Forget Easter .

Go back to 10/11/2013 .

I first posted on this thread on 11/11/2013 .

The words in a post of the previous day caught my eye .

The words were those of K99WARD and were " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. "

My post was :- " Are you sure ?

Nothing is required of us other than to tell the Gospel . "

Since then I have asked K99WARD on numerous occasions whether he believes that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel .

I am sure that most would agree with me that his words which I have quoted are puzzling to say the least .

K99WARD has not had the courtesy to give me an answer , or when he has replied to my posts he has simply used the tactic of evasion .

If any , like me , think that the question deserves a truthful answer may I suggest that you continue to ask the question of K99WARD whenever he makes a post .

So K99WARD , to remind you .

You made this statement: " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us."

What I want to know is whether you believe that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel .
Less likes this.
Old 23-03-2014, 16:50   #879
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Theres n old saying JCB, "A good liar, needs a good memory"
Eric and Restless like this.
Old 23-03-2014, 16:54   #880
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
Forget Easter .

Go back to 10/11/2013 .

I first posted on this thread on 11/11/2013 .

The words in a post of the previous day caught my eye .

The words were those of K99WARD and were " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. "

My post was :- " Are you sure ?

Nothing is required of us other than to tell the Gospel . "

Since then I have asked K99WARD on numerous occasions whether he believes that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel .

I am sure that most would agree with me that his words which I have quoted are puzzling to say the least .

K99WARD has not had the courtesy to give me an answer , or when he has replied to my posts he has simply used the tactic of evasion .

If any , like me , think that the question deserves a truthful answer may I suggest that you continue to ask the question of K99WARD whenever he makes a post .

So K99WARD , to remind you .

You made this statement: " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us."

What I want to know is whether you believe that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel .
i though i answered it for him?
Old 23-03-2014, 17:05   #881
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
i though i answered it for him?
Sorry but no , the question is addressed to K99WARD to be answered by him .
Old 23-03-2014, 17:21   #882
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Perhaps Davos joined his flock?
Old 23-03-2014, 17:23   #883
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Oooooh! Accyexplorer you are a card but don't worry folks, I have my passport for heaven.....
What have you done that makes you so special to assume you will go to Heaven, are you one of the 144,000?
I will let you quote relevant bit of Revelations
Old 23-03-2014, 18:56   #884
Full Member+

Quote:
Oooooh! Accyexplorer you are a card but don't worry folks, I have my passport for heaven. It's odd how people think this is arrogant, silly or impetuous but us Christians know it by another name. It is called "Assurance of Salvation." The scriptures say :

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

K99, who stamped your passport? What makes you think you are special. How arrogant. There are many selfless people in this world who go over and above what ordinary folk do every day. You sound like a deeply self centred /obsessed person, high on your own ego. What do you do to make this place better for everyone as I don't think you've mentioned anything apart from yourself yet. Stop spouting off words you have read and let's see something that YOU have done to make this earth a better place.
dotti34 likes this.
Old 23-03-2014, 19:35   #885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What have you done that makes you so special to assume you will go to Heaven, are you one of the 144,000?
I will let you quote relevant bit of Revelations
I do feel rather honoured to have a question addressed to me directly by Neil since up to now he has just played a passive role. I think now is the time to reveal the answer to "What is a Christian" since his response is directly linked to it.

"What is a Christian?"

A dictionary definition of a Christian would be something similar to “a person professing belief in Jesus as the Christ or in the religion based on the teachings of Jesus.” While this is a good starting point, like many dictionary definitions, it falls somewhat short of really communicating the biblical truth of what it means to be a Christian. The word “Christian” is used three times in the New Testament (Acts 11:26; 26:28; 1 Peter 4:16). Followers of Jesus Christ were first called “Christians” in Antioch (Acts 11:26) because their behavior, activity, and speech were like Christ. The word “Christian” literally means, “belonging to the party of Christ” or a “follower of Christ.”

Unfortunately over time, the word “Christian” has lost a great deal of its significance and is often used of someone who is religious or has high moral values but who may or may not be a true follower of Jesus Christ. Many people who do not believe and trust in Jesus Christ consider themselves Christians simply because they go to church or they live in a “Christian” nation. But going to church, serving those less fortunate than you, or being a good person does not make you a Christian. Going to church does not make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile. Being a member of a church, attending services regularly, and giving to the work of the church does not make you a Christian.

The Bible teaches that the good works we do cannot make us acceptable to God. Titus 3:5 says, “He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.” So, a Christian is someone who has been born again by God (John 3:3; John 3:7; 1 Peter 1:23) and has put faith and trust in Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:8 tells us that it is “…by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.”

A true Christian is a person who has put faith and trust in the person and work of Jesus Christ, including His death on the cross as payment for sins and His resurrection on the third day. John 1:12 tells us, “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.” The mark of a true Christian is love for others and obedience to God’s Word (1 John 2:4, 10). A true Christian is indeed a child of God, a part of God’s true family, and one who has been given new life in Jesus Christ.

Have you made a decision for Christ?
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..