Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2014, 17:37   #721

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Not surprising .. the latest results came out only last monday. Still, a creationist ... and I assume you are one ... should attempt to stay current with the latest theories about the creation of the universe, if only to refute them.
Hi Eric,
I don't bother with things like that. My motto is :

"God said it, I believe it and that settles it."
Accrington Web
Old 20-03-2014, 17:40   #722
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
I have do doubt that you will Less but it isn't a threat at all. You people have so many interesting questions to ask that it would be nice to get a few extra people answering them.

We aren't you people, we are a cross section of people that find you and your ideas too much like the Middle Ages hey everybody let's find a pilgrim to burn, that will keep God happy.
Describing you as narrow and sick is a compliment.
Old 20-03-2014, 17:41   #723

Christian Science

Quote:
Hi Eric,

I don't bother with things like that. My motto is :

Burk!
Old 20-03-2014, 17:59   #724
JCB

Quote:
Try the guys at PSBC. They are much more knowledgable than I
No .

If you say things on the forum you should be prepared to back them up , to clarify them or to answer questions about them .

You made this statement: " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us."

What I want to know is whether you believe that Jesus requires nothing of his followers other than to tell the Gospel .
Less likes this.
Old 20-03-2014, 18:02   #725
Senior Member+

Eh up somebody left that bloody door unlocked again. Thought i could hear the sound of a bible being thumped.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 20-03-2014, 18:47   #726
God Member

Quote:

And that's it ... you probably sit there with a self-satisfied, fatuous smirk on you face, and that's all you can come up with? Well, there ain't much point in debate is there? So, you might as well just go - forth -and - multiply off then.
Less likes this.
Old 20-03-2014, 18:49   #727
Beacon of light

Quote:
Try the guys at PSBC. They are much more knowledgable than I. Would you like me to invite them all on here. That would be a laugh but who would be the ones laughing?
I thought it was only me that saw a veiled threat in there...but no Less sees it that way too. Surely we cannot both be wrong?
K99....I don't know where you have been in the time you have been away.......but I really do hope that you gp back there very soon.
You are a pain in the Astrakhan coat! And no mistake.
Less likes this.
Old 20-03-2014, 19:07   #728

Christian Science

Margaret, I hope you watch the simpsons, there's a religious fool on there that even the parson can't stand.
How cartoon life must be reflected with this guy, I bet his parson groans whenever he turns up, then feels terrible because he pretended to agree just to get rid of him.
Old 20-03-2014, 19:12   #729
God Member

Hi Kevin ... Before you go ... and may it be soon, because the fun is wearing thin ... consider this: If there is a God, there is more of him in the purr of a contented cat than there is in all your mindless bible pounding.
Old 20-03-2014, 19:37   #730
Senior Member+

If i were to believe in a god and worship said god. I would be worshiping a monster. To think a loving-creating-god would create all this beauty and then fill it with human waste, and then turn away from all suffering... I would be worshiping a monster. That I cannot do. That I refuse to do. Yeah spout free will crap all you like. That is just an excuse that is fed to people as they question all the suffering in the world and ask why doesn't god intervene.
Old 20-03-2014, 20:15   #731
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
why doesn't god intervene.
Not a good idea in my opinion ... as Oscar Wilde said, "When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers." (Although he may have got it from the ancient Greeks.) Come to think of it tho', Oscar Wilde might not be a good authority; 'cause as that great fundamentalist christian, the recently deceased Fred Phelps, said, "God Hates Fags."
Restless likes this.
Old 20-03-2014, 20:35   #732

I woke up to a miserably dark and wet morning and thought to brighten things up I would get my daily dose of Acc’y Web. Much to my surprise I find that K99WARD has reappeared. His postings don’t do anything to improve the day for me, still the same old, same old, but I have enjoyed reading the replies which have more than made up for this. Too many to give ‘likes’ to but take it as read.

I normally respect other people’s beliefs – but unfortunately as far as K99 is concerned this is not reciprocated, so I don’t feel bad about joining in – which I suppose is what K99 hopes for, the bigger the audience the more he feels he is doing (his) God’s work.

Got a lot of catching up to do – so many postings overnight (our time) but have picked a few so here goes:

Posting 666 – oops, just noticed the number, good one to start on - maybe enough said! You really do have a big opinion of yourself K99. Whatever you may think, this week is NOT all about you.

Accyexplorer – you need to read earlier postings on this thread and then you would know what Maxthecollie meant on posting 671.

Posting 687 – as already mentioned K99 you really are full of yourself – not very humble. Tut! Tut!

Posting 711. That’s not very nice – sounds like the ‘little helpmeet’ (Accyexplorer see posting 452 for explanation) was passed from pillar to post (or man to man). Not much respect shown for women.

Posting 720. K99, irrespective of what you have tried to portray, you apparently don’t know it all yourself but need a back-up. Disappointed in you!

K99 – please don’t take posting 726 seriously, i.e. DON’T go forth and multiply, one of you is enough. (Sorry, Eric, you know he won’t take any notice of what you really mean – too thick-skinned).

…and to finish off for now, Eric (posting 706) I tried being a born-again virgin but it doesn't work……
Old 20-03-2014, 20:38   #733

I read this in a book once..
Given all the evil in the world, how can an all powerfull, all knowing, merciful God exist?
Either God knows about evil, cares about it but cant do anything about it..in which case he is not all powerful, or...
He cares about it, can do something about it, but doesn't know about it, in which case he is not all knowing, or.....
He knows about it, can do something about it but doesn't care about it, in which case he is neither merciful or compassionate....

well?????
Old 20-03-2014, 22:26   #734
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
If i were to believe in a god and worship said god. I would be worshiping a monster. To think a loving-creating-god would create all this beauty and then fill it with human waste, and then turn away from all suffering... I would be worshiping a monster. That I cannot do. That I refuse to do. Yeah spout free will crap all you like. That is just an excuse that is fed to people as they question all the suffering in the world and ask why doesn't god intervene.
But the God you describe would create robots not humans.
And I am not a robot.
Neither are you?
Old 21-03-2014, 05:10   #735
Senior Member+

DAV.. Good point you make. But dont a lot of These religiously obsessive humans remind you of robots?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..