Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2003, 16:32   #16
Senior Member+

Post Re: Christmas comes to early?

Come here mik, you know i love you really,  [smiley=cuddle.gif]
Old 03-11-2003, 18:46   #17

Well never mind the shops!  What about the television?  

Adverts and adverts just full of rubbish.  

I'm dreading when my little girl is old enough to understand childrens shows never mind the childrens adverts swamping them!

Now that should be banned!  

And what on earth has happend to Action Man? I used to love collecting his stuff as a child. Based on the real army equipment and it was good quality too. Now he's some kind of space coyboy with laser guns  ???
Old 03-11-2003, 19:10   #18
Accy Goddess

The magic of Christmas has disappeared.  
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 19:15   #19
I am Banned

christmas has not come to early, where`s ya spirit gone you lot dont be so morbid lol, its great all the build up kids love it, it makes it more exciting too,  ;D  ;D  ;D
directdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 19:24   #20
Senior Member+

Yeh the kids may love it,DJ,coz it's more time they have too pester their parents to buy the **** that is peddled during the adverts on TV that Neal pointed out are shown at "CBTV" time.It's all about making people spend ha ha...that is dee truth!  : ;D  
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 19:32   #21
I am Banned

yeh well its all FUN eaither way, its just everyone on this topic has been so so negative lol CHEER UP !  ;D
Old 03-11-2003, 19:37   #22
I am Banned

Quote:
The magic of Christmas has disappeared.
Not in our house it hasnt... best time of the year.. kids love it.. we love it.. everyone here loves crimbo.. really push the boat out...few days of festivities... all that cake and grub and beer and wine... We all look forward to a few days of fun.

As for new years.. never been keen. dont got out (did on millenum though) seems to me new years is one night getting peed and arguing.. theres always an argument or a fight in a pub/s on new years.... stay in...

but crimbo... brilliant
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 20:20   #23
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Can we all come to yours for Christmas Harry?  It sounds great.

This is Christmas at my familys.

I come home from work (worked every Christmas day since 1987) Have usually missed the dinner, but my Dad warms it up for me in the microwave. Sit in his dining room and eat it on my own. Go into the lounge and the whole family ( and there's a lot of us) are watching home videos supplied by my dad and we've all seen them before, but everybody but me is too drunk to care. My Granddad is snoring in the chair and my Grandma is complaining about his lack of ability to stay awake. The kids are usually taking turns to have tummy ache, feel sick, be sick! etc. At least one of my step brothers or brother in laws will have a black eye or split lip, from a late night foray into Accy the night before. My mum will have had a drink (and it only takes one) and she will have told the same story at least 4 times. My Step - mum will be washing up and looking totally harassed. My sisters who are 33 and 31 will be the only ones playing with the toys.

Despite this, I never miss calling on the family do after work, but your house sure sounds like fun. :-*

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 12:43   #24
Senior Member+

It's no wonder you work on christmas day lettie. lmao at that, sounds just like a normal christmas to me. [smiley=drunk.gif]
Old 04-11-2003, 15:25   #25
God Member

Best thing to do is lie in bed all day...
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 17:06   #26
I am Banned

Thank god someone who agrees with me, Thats how It should be eh Harry, none of this morbid scrooch stuff lol  ;D

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..